Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bit surprised to see the Strypes on that list. I guess it confirms what Julien Temple's BBC4 documentary suggested the other week, that they haven't quite taken off as expected.

That is for sure, once that odious little man Elton got his claws into them they were doomed, he pissed me off when he said they were the only young band doing this kind of thing, not true by a long way. Also their manager was going on about a cross over album....... selling out he means making them more commercial and I got the impression they did not want to go down that road and sell out, so they will be left to rot or weed out the member/members that are holding back that cross over album.... Makes me annoyed why do they have to change only one reason to make him and others rich.........

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Luna
The Old Market
30 June
Farewell Tour
Yippee

Green Man

Dec 22, 2014
BN2
That is for sure, once that odious little man Elton got his claws into them they were doomed, he pissed me off when he said they were the only young band doing this kind of thing, not true by a long way. Also their manager was going on about a cross over album....... selling out he means making them more commercial and I got the impression they did not want to go down that road and sell out, so they will be left to rot or weed out the member/members that are holding back that cross over album.... Makes me annoyed why do they have to change only one reason to make him and others rich.........

It's quite a tricky one . . . it was pretty clear from the doc that one member was pulling in a different direction to the others, and I can understand why they might not want to get saddled with a reputation as a mini Dr Feelgood. They're also still so young their musical development's hardly begun. But I'd hate to see them lose that raw energy they have just so's they can do things like break Radio 1.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Damned are playing the Assembly Hall in Worthing on 14th August in case anyone is interested.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Managed to see Courtney Barnett last night and thoroughly enjoyed her set. Bits from the two e.ps and new album. Great that she can sell out venues with a relatively small recording output and she seemed to be enjoying herself. Pleased to report there was no encore at the end and all over by ten p.m. I think she is playing The Great Escape so hoping to see her again then. On a separate note I did think the Concorde was looking especially good- it's either had a refurbishment or the drink was getting to me? The view of the stage seemed better with some additional lighting. £5 for a pint is far too much though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That polite young gentleman called East India Youth is coming to town again next month.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's at the Haunt in June. I've heard some very, very good things about the new album and the two tracks I've heard so far have been excellent.

Same here. He's been developing his stage show so he will have a new live set up as well. Exciting.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's at the Haunt in June. I've heard some very, very good things about the new album and the two tracks I've heard so far have been excellent.

Hey [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] were you at this?

http://brightonsfinest.com/html/ind...the-really-common-blood-concorde-3-2015-03-31

And if so - are you part of 'The Blue and White Stripes?'

Love East India Youth.

All a bit silly this article really, isn't it? I spoke to Ben the other day and they're in Barcelona so I'd be impressed if they had played this as well...he will be back for the Norwich game though, getting an earlier plane especially for it. #properfan #ihatehashtags

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
All a bit silly this article really, isn't it? I spoke to Ben the other day and they're in Barcelona so I'd be impressed if they had played this as well...he will be back for the Norwich game though, getting an earlier plane especially for it. #properfan #ihatehashtags

I.....fell...for...it.

What a plum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here