Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foo Fighters to play Brighton

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I guess it depends on your definition of 'heavy'. You can take two Queens songs and one will be heavier than the other...but then you can compare both those bands to heavier styles and they'll be lightweight in comparison. Homme has stated before that he's about repetitive riffs that drive the song, in an almost robotic way. Foos were heavier to begin with (but then Grohl played everything on their first album, so thats probably a reason). It's also down to each band members style - as people have mentioned, Nate Mendell came from Sunny Day Real Estate, which a) are awesome (Diary is a superb album) and b) but really that heavy.

Even though they don't come across as really heavy, The Foos are able to really kick it up a bit when playing live. My own experience is at Wembley in 200...8 I think it was. A night of heavy music and pouring rain (not to mention Led Zep) was a life-defining evening.

I have to admit I like both bands but prefer Foo Fighters. I listen to heavier music most of the time so that's probably why I don't see them as that heavy. Dave Grohl is one of my favourite musicians aswell

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yep, I knew I was out of luck as soon as the link came up with a busy page, that was that. Oh well.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Shame on you mate - behaving like that. Tone it down next time, eh?

Alas i was not one of them kretiuns but i did gently have a word to gtell them to calm it down a bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here