Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Some people are showing concern that a the deal was not concluded and that the player is back at Bournemouth training. Just because you share a different opinion it doesn't mean everyone else is a bed wetter.

Yes they are showing concern. But perhaps they don't realise that this is very common practice. That in most cases they wouldn't have heard about the negotiations and that this is just the way things sometimes/often happen? It would clearly be better if he had signed yesterday. He may never sign for us - but going into a tail spin because the process is taking a while or may not succeed seems to be an over reaction.

Personally, I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic. Just realistic about the commercial nature of this transaction.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Paper report says needs to be signed by 12 to play tomorrow. So unlikely to see him play for some time yet, as he is cup tied for Port Vale.

I must admit, I thought it was 5PM but, hey, the key thing is whether he does or doesn't sign.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think its 12 for a permanent signing and 5 for a loan signing.

I recall us signing a player a few years ago on a loan agreement because we missed the deadline for permanent. This allowed him to play on the Saturday and the loan was made permanent on the Monday. Can't remember who the player was though

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He could have signed the paperwork already. We don t have to announce before 12 just need papers done. Bournemouth Echo writer is confident this is all done

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I think its 12 for a permanent signing and 5 for a loan signing.

I recall us signing a player a few years ago on a loan agreement because we missed the deadline for permanent. This allowed him to play on the Saturday and the loan was made permanent on the Monday. Can't remember who the player was though
wasnt it kemy agustien

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If he doesn't want to come down to us then we should respect that and move on to our next target .

If you were offered a job and went down to have a look around and felt it wasn't right got you., would you still take it ?
I wouldn't

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Posted 17/1/2014 11:20
#710841 - in reply to #709746
Subject: Re: grabban to brighton- done deal

[MENTION=17223]Neil[/MENTION]perrettecho
#afcb Grabban update: Understood to be close to finalising move to #bhafc. Needs to sign by noon to be available tomorrow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here