Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk Signs New 5-Year Contract

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Unbelievable to be honest. Was expecting him to be off. Unless this is just to up the price?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Still pretty annoyed by his actions, and glad the club punished him for it. Good business by the club but would like to see some top class performances after he could have potentially cost us points/progression in the cup.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very good news of course, but it really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth - the fact that he hasn't played for 3 games despite being under contract at this football club. And now he'll get a rapturous reception because he's accepted a new 5 year contract on some stupidly massive wage increase, given under duress. Modern football makes me want to spew sometimes.

Quite. I wonder if there is a fee that triggers a release clause.

I think Goldson sounds exactly what we need and Hunemeier and Dunk will need to battle it out for the left side. I really don't think his selection is a given, we shall see.

Certainly healthy competition.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Goldson is definately the one for the future and he knows he will be a main part of our future and he must of known when signed for the club that Dunk might sign a new deal.
Greer will be released at the end of the year and Rea will replace him as the 4 man defence, i think we will mix up the partnerships to keep it fresh and if performances drop, for now i expect Greer and Hunemeier to keep the spots.
Very exciting news though and well done to the club and shows we not a club to mess with anymore and get cheap deals.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Uwe, Bruno, Bong, Dunk and Greer. Sounds like the cast of something or other.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Im told he was told that they want to build a team around him.

Im delighted he has seen sense.

TB
I'm more interested in us finding more quality attacking players...It seems we're swamped in the central defence area and with two very talented youngsters who will no doubt be our future back two it's goner be hard as been stated to keep them all happy including Rosenior who's being kept out by Bruno...Personally the 3 that haven't played I'd expect to be the key 3 in the not so distant future.
Thought cashing in on dunk was the best bet as its a lot of money...to much been spent on the defence and not attack so far.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
So he has signed a new contract but does that mean that he is staying. Could just put up the selling price.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Delighted with this. Big statement of intent from the club and even bigger middle finger to Fulham.
Don't **** with Brighton & Hove Albion.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm more interested in us finding more quality attacking players...It seems we're swamped in the central defence area and with two very talented youngsters who will no doubt be our future back two it's goner be hard as been stated to keep them all happy including Rosenior who's being kept out by Bruno...Personally the 3 that haven't played I'd expect to be the key 3 in the not so distant future.
Thought cashing in on dunk was the best bet as its a lot of money...to much been spent on the defence and not attack so far.

We are not swamped with central defenders at all. Greer is aging and this should be his final year at Brighton. Dunk is easily our best defender and has the best heading ability.A real threat from set pieces. Uwe has settled in very well and i like him a lot. He doesn't have the height of Dunk and he does lose a few headers. Goldson no one knows but he does sound like he has great potential. Rea is still learning and that was evident against Southend. He isn't ready just yet.

If you want to be serious about a top 6 finish then Dunk is certainly a major part of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here