Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] ST Holder Guests - Chelsea 16th Dec

mvtaylor

Nov 19, 2018
Hi all,

Bit of a longshot this and apologies if it's against the rules (have checked as best I can and can't spot anything saying it isn't!). Basically I'm posting to see if any ST Holder(s) would be willing to buy 2 guest tickets for the game against Chelsea on Sunday 16th December.

My family are having a 60th birthday party for my Dad in Brighton that weekend and I'd love to be able to take him along to the game as neither of us have been to Brighton before and it should be a cracker but by the time I've bought two memberships and then waited two weeks for them to become active I'm sure it'll be sold out.

For the sake of full honesty I'm a Spurs fan and he's a Man City fan (!!!) but it does mean we both want Chelsea to lose so would be cheering you on in full voice!

If anyone is willing and able to help I'd really appreciate it and we could sort something out through PMs or something rather than this forum thread. Be more than happy to pay an extra £30 on top of face value / fees etc for your troubles!

Thanks and apologies again if this isn't the done thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hi all,

Bit of a longshot this and apologies if it's against the rules (have checked as best I can and can't spot anything saying it isn't!). Basically I'm posting to see if any ST Holder(s) would be willing to buy 2 guest tickets for the game against Chelsea on Sunday 16th December.

My family are having a 60th birthday party for my Dad in Brighton that weekend and I'd love to be able to take him along to the game as neither of us have been to Brighton before and it should be a cracker but by the time I've bought two memberships and then waited two weeks for them to become active I'm sure it'll be sold out.

For the sake of full honesty I'm a Spurs fan and he's a Man City fan (!!!) but it does mean we both want Chelsea to lose so would be cheering you on in full voice!

If anyone is willing and able to help I'd really appreciate it and we could sort something out through PMs or something rather than this forum thread. Be more than happy to pay an extra £30 on top of face value / fees etc for your troubles!

I’ll take this post at face value.

Once the game is sold out, the ticket exchange will kick in. You’ll then be able to buy tickets with a membership. I’d suggest doing this as 1) no supporter will buy tickets for a stranger. 2) If you are sold tickets in the way you ask you’ll probably be stitched up by a tout.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’ll take this post at face value.

Once the game is sold out, the ticket exchange will kick in. You’ll then be able to buy tickets with a membership. I’d suggest doing this as 1) no supporter will buy tickets for a stranger. 2) If you are sold tickets in the way you ask you’ll probably be stitched up by a tout.

And even with a ticket you might be refused entry or removed after you had taken your seat. Have you contacted the club cos there might be hospitality packages available?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hi all,

Have you banged your head :stupid:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And even with a ticket you might be refused entry or removed after you had taken your seat. Have you contacted the club cos there might be hospitality packages available?

Not if you’ve bought a membership and then bought a ticket using this.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
£30 on top of face value? Not when I get £150 per ticket on top of face value for any ST Guest tix I harvest and sell to away fans of football tourists.

Best way is to buy a membership or hospitality...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Hi all,

This must be a joke right?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hi all,

Sadly, any ST holder who buys guest tickets is responsible for the guest's behaviour so it is a big risk to do so for a stranger.

Also, if the stranger then touts out the guest ticket, they could be waving goodbye to their Season Ticket.

Maybe you'll find a risk taking gambler who'll help you out.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Have you banged your head :stupid:

Maybe a bit harsh AR :) Not everyone is aware of rules/workarounds/do's and dont's/risks for/against

I find it a bit sad that someone cant ask a question like that really. And by that I dont mean that someone may get shot down on a forum, or a thread blocked or whatever. I mean that if a couple of grown adults (or kids) want to do something like go and watch an event (not necessarily football) as a one off as a neutral fan of sorts, just beurocracy and "rules" may prevents them from doing so. Or jumping through hoops/bending rules/paying stupid money to do so and signing up to membership schemes. I mean you can hire a car with a passport for security, it just sucks that rules "need " to be in place that makes football largely an exception. Supply and demand aside too. A handful of tourist tickets being made available is a nice problem to have really. Of course there will always be someone who disagrees and someone who gets disappointed because their entitlement to a ticket is higher than someone else because of whatever reason

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hi all,

Should have got the memberships earlier then. And, no, this isn’t what this forum is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sadly, any ST holder who buys guest tickets is responsible for the guest's behaviour so it is a big risk to do so for a stranger.

Also, if the stranger then touts out the guest ticket, they could be waving goodbye to their Season Ticket.

Maybe you'll find a risk taking gambler who'll help you out.

Exactly...I'm all for helping out but no way putting my ST at risk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Maybe a bit harsh AR :) Not everyone is aware of rules/workarounds/do's and dont's/risks for/against

I find it a bit sad that someone cant ask a question like that really. And by that I dont mean that someone may get shot down on a forum, or a thread blocked or whatever. I mean that if a couple of grown adults (or kids) want to do something like go and watch an event (not necessarily football) as a one off as a neutral fan of sorts, just beurocracy and "rules" may prevents them from doing so. Or jumping through hoops/bending rules/paying stupid money to do so and signing up to membership schemes. I mean you can hire a car with a passport for security, it just sucks that rules "need " to be in place that makes football largely an exception. Supply and demand aside too. A handful of tourist tickets being made available is a nice problem to have really. Of course there will always be someone who disagrees and someone who gets disappointed because their entitlement to a ticket is higher than someone else because of whatever reason

The main hurdle here is simply 30,000 seats, 22,000 of which are owned already with 3,000 given too Chelsea leaves 5,000 for those that deserve them more than these people aka members.

el punal

A Spurs fan and A City fan. West Stand then ?

Oh do f*** off! I’ve been a season ticket in the West Upper from the off and supported Man Utd, then Liverpool, then Man Utd and Chelsea. I now support Man City cos I like Pep Gladioli. As a loyal supporter I resent being told that I shouldn’t support Brighton F.C. as my seventh team. Well, I’ve got 15 half n’ half scarves to prove that loyalty. :D

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The main hurdle here is simply 30,000 seats, 22,000 of which are owned already with 3,000 given too Chelsea leaves 5,000 for those that deserve them more than these people aka members.

Sorry yes, I get that entirely.

I was trying to be clear, I am not talking about supply and demand. Just the ability to rock up to an event, with say a passport, and simply attend, paying your money. Would that be allowed should capacity allow?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

There's only a handful of club tickets left as it is. With the game less than a month away, the exchange should really be open already.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here