Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton beach big screen World Cup viewing

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If England beat Colombia I am looking to take my kids to see the game on the big screen, they are 11,11,13 & 15 - Would the Luna Beach one be suitable or too many idiots? What about the Marina one - good atmosphere? Can you take your own food and drink and chairs etc?

My view on it is, you are one loss away from it kicking off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One thing I would mention is that you've got loads of drunk blokes, and stones.

Went and saw the Uruguay game there 4 years ago and some lads got quite lairy outside, trying to force some cages open. Don't know who started it but people started throwing stones. It got to a point where people were luzzing stones both into the cage and at the people outside. Bear in mind there were small children inside. I can't begin to explain how ****ing THICK someone has to be to do that.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Local man who set up the original big screens with great feedback got usurped by national corporate supplier who immediately hike the price up from free to a fiver. **** that,hope it sinks and we get the old guy back.

Exactly.

I work within a 2 minute walk of it, and every day it was busy for the Euro's a couple of years back. I spent almost every work lunch down there as you could walk in for free for as long as you wish. Now every games £5 for a 'day pass' even if you only want to watch 1 of the 2 games, or a half in my case. Needless to say EVERY time i've walked past around 2/3pm it's been absolutely DEAD whilst the footy is on, and heard countless people complain about the queue's for the England games for drinks.

Hopefully the last time Luna get it.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
So sounds like the Marina one is the better option - any tips from folk that have been there for a wc game?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So sounds like the Marina one is the better option - any tips from folk that have been there for a wc game?
Who needs wc's when you're surrounded by the marina. Just stand by the edge.

Local man who set up the original big screens with great feedback got usurped by national corporate supplier who immediately hike the price up from free to a fiver. **** that,hope it sinks and we get the old guy back.
Heard the same. Local guy kicked out because an 'outsider' came in with more cash. Few years contract as well. Hope he fails.
First the i360 now the big screen. Just because it's Brighton, doesn't mean we're loaded.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
If England beat Colombia I am looking to take my kids to see the game on the big screen, they are 11,11,13 & 15 - Would the Luna Beach one be suitable or too many idiots? What about the Marina one - good atmosphere? Can you take your own food and drink and chairs etc?

I wouldn’t say so. I know a lot of people that bought adult and child tickets for tomorrows England game have now all been told they have changed their minds and no u18’s will be allowed in. Doesnt affect us but has done for many.

Needless to say everyone who has got tickets for 17yr olds and under will be slightly miffed today when they find out. Shame really as all the previous games have had kids and been a cracking atmosphere in there.

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I wouldn’t say so. I know a lot of people that bought adult and child tickets for tomorrows England game have now all been told they have changed their minds and no u18’s will be allowed in. Doesnt affect us but has done for many.

Needless to say everyone who has got tickets for 17yr olds and under will be slightly miffed today when they find out. Shame really as all the previous games have had kids and been a cracking atmosphere in there.

No under 18s allowed according to the website https://www.seetickets.com/event/wi...bia-v-england/brighton-beach-brighton/1206011

'This event is for over 18s only - No refunds will be issued for under 18s'. That seems a bit harsh if you bought a ticket when that restriction hadn't been introduced:

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
No under 18s allowed according to the website https://www.seetickets.com/event/wi...bia-v-england/brighton-beach-brighton/1206011

'This event is for over 18s only - No refunds will be issued for under 18s'. That seems a bit harsh if you bought a ticket when that restriction hadn't been introduced:

They mean no refunds if you bought an over 18 ticket and can't prove you are over 18 - I believe they have refunded those U18 tickets they have already sold on the website

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA

SAC

May 21, 2014
At least this makes the decision for me, will look at the Marina big screen - unless anyone knows of any other big screen / fan park type events in the area?

I think their website said that they are now concentrating on the tennis.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Interesting.

I bought for Saturday in the hope that England progress and it states under 12s must be accompanied by an adult. Nothing about no under 18s. Maybe it’s because Tuesday is an evening game and therefore possibly more likely to attract a drunken crowd?

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Interesting.

I bought for Saturday in the hope that England progress and it states under 12s must be accompanied by an adult. Nothing about no under 18s. Maybe it’s because Tuesday is an evening game and therefore possibly more likely to attract a drunken crowd?

Fact remains they knew the KO time and were still selling child tickets up until yesterday

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn’t happen in Germany.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here