Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tim Krul / Kean Bryan - the sun

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A versatile defender who is under 23, HGP and comes for a sensible price is the perfect addition to our squad. Dunk & Duffy are likely to remain as the preferred pairing and Balogun may also have to wait for his opportunity. We have lost 2 CB's but picking up players who can play both CB & FB is a better fit for the 25

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
A friend of mine is an Oldham Fan so I saw a few of their games and Kean Bryan was very assured on the Ball for a league 1 defender stood out from the rest of the team, but do bare in mind the team contained Craig Davies and Peter Clarke so not exactly world beaters. I think it would be a good young signing, he was orginally a midfielder so is versatile in that aspect.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Totally get why Krul would want to go to a Premier League club where he has a chance of being no 1. Looks really unlikely, injury to Maty apart, that he’ll have any chance here.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Totally get why Krul would want to go to a Premier League club where he has a chance of being no 1. Looks really unlikely, injury to Maty apart, that he’ll have any chance here.

A shame, because l like Tim Kruhl, a good experienced Premier League keeper who would probably never let us down if called upon, but they are the telling words, 'if called upon', he has next to no chance of ever deposing Maty Ryan as number one at the Albion.

At Fulham though he appears to have a much more realistic chance of become their first choice keeper, and at his age he just wants to play, so yes, from his point of view it's a no brainer, he will want to sign for them.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
there must be plenty of goalkeepers in a similar position to Krul where they appear to be 2nd/3rd choice at their club. I think it will be hard to convince any of them to swap one club where they get no game time for another. That may make it very tricky to let Walton go.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's potentially one hell of a good deal for Fulham if things go through as rumoured - they get our reserve goalie for free, and sell us their reserve goalie for £4M. Can't see TB being overjoyed with that...............
And our £4 million funds Fulham's signing on fee for Krul and his wages. Doesn't seem smart.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Don’t see the point in buying Bryan when we have Ben White, who by all accounts was a stand out player for Newport County.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
That's potentially one hell of a good deal for Fulham if things go through as rumoured - they get our reserve goalie for free, and sell us their reserve goalie for £4M. Can't see TB being overjoyed with that...............

There must be better value out there for a backup keeper. Surely we want a backup keeper not only to make up numbers but push Ryan for his place. Can’t see Button doing that (pushing Ryan) personally.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
As usual, I'll assume all that as utter crap until proven otherwise.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There must be better value out there for a backup keeper. Surely we want a backup keeper not only to make up numbers but push Ryan for his place. Can’t see Button doing that (pushing Ryan) personally.

We want someone who can step in when Ryan goes to the Asian Cup in January 2019, he could potentially miss 7 matches (including FA Cup). These will include the the trips to West Ham, Man Utd and Fulham and the home games against Liverpool and Watford. He should be back for the home game against Burnley on 9th Feb. I don't think Button is the answer at all. I'd be happier with Krul, Maenpaa or even Walton in goal for those games over Button.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here