Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It will get resolved one way or the other and we will kick off the season with a goalkeeper, nothings going to change that.
Thank god for the Champions Trophy starting tonight, that will take up most of June and then not long till preseason starts.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I heard a completely unsubstantiated and most likely nonsense FACT that Stockdale had only been offered a one-year deal and that's proving to be the big sticking point as he wants at least two.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's away in Nottingham, at the moment with his family. They've got a new dog, and he's just taken a photo of him with his daughter having completed the Sherwood trail.
Source, Twitter and Instagram.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's away in Nottingham, at the moment with his family. They've got a new dog, and he's just taken a photo of him with his daughter having completed the Sherwood trail.
Source, Twitter and Instagram.

HORRIBLE looking dog, at that.

**** having that thing anywhere near your children.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have absolute faith in the recruitment arm of the club getting a deal done, probably with Stockdale but if it drags on into July I'm convinced they will action plan B. Today is only the first day of June - one club's season only finished a few days ago, so I think you can chill out a bit and enjoy the sunshine and cricket.

I have that faith too. They may know already that he's a goner and are in negotiations to sign a quality keeper. I would expect that they have had this situation well in hand for months now, so that our no.1 keeper is with us for a full pre-season.

I'm glad that nothing is leaked, to satisfy the desparate.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Tottenham looking to cash in on Michael Vorm (HTC / Peter O Rourke today).
They got him on a free and we have good relations with them.
Spurs looking to sign another goalkeeper who was on loan with them last year.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I heard a completely unsubstantiated and most likely nonsense FACT that Stockdale had only been offered a one-year deal and that's proving to be the big sticking point as he wants at least two.

One year sounds right based on Bong's offer.
Club do not want to be left with older players should we only last one season in PL.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One year sounds right based on Bong's offer.
Club do not want to be left with older players should we only last one season in PL.

So you don't think a 32 yr old keeper could cope in the Championship, particularly when he has the best stats and record number of clean sheets this season?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
So you don't think a 32 yr old keeper could cope in the Championship, particularly when he has the best stats and record number of clean sheets this season?

Not with Walton still in th squad with another 12 months experience.
My point is that the club appears to be offering only 1 year contracts to people who may not be required long term.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not with Walton still in th squad with another 12 months experience.
My point is that the club appears to be offering only 1 year contracts to people who may not be required long term.

It's nothing to do with age, it's more about uncertainty over whether they will make the step up isn't it ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Stockdale does not sign and Vorm is available from Spurs and in Budget I would be thrilled to get him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here