Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anybody still worried that we will not get automatic promotion?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I just think records are there to be made and broken. One day a club will blow a 12 point lead with 5 games to go. I seem to remember Newcastle blowing a 12 point lead, losing 5 in a row when Kevin Keegan was the manager.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Too many premature ejaculators on here at the moment. Yes, we are in a great position but until that P is next to our name on the table I will refrain from any triumphalism.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wasn't bothered until I listened to this weeks Football Ramble podcast (http://www.thefootballramble.com/ from 38:30 ).

Now it seems like The Albion doesn't even exist and this promotion must be some kind of fever dream.

To Newcastle fan Pete - 'Are you worried about not winning the Championship'.
'We should be ok'

'No team has put a run of form together'.

'JohnJo would have scored the goal of the season, from halfway'.

'So Knockaert PotS, yeah whenever I've said that loads of people say I'm wrong and it's Shelvey... (followed by a debate about JJS' racist abuse)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
No. I have a feeling we won't get a result at Wolves but it really won't matter. Last week was really important- three wins and other teams faltering- it's all but over.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If roles were reversed hardly anyone on here would believe we could catch the top two and would demand we rested players for the playoffs.

Huddersfield and Newcastle have difficult games to play too and are not going to win them all.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
I just think records are there to be made and broken. One day a club will blow a 12 point lead with 5 games to go. I seem to remember Newcastle blowing a 12 point lead, losing 5 in a row when Kevin Keegan was the manager.

Newcastle had a 12 point lead in Jan with 15 games left ... it was a spectacular fall yes but we've only got 5 games left. So in effect we would need to have a collapse 3 times worse then that and Hudds are not Manchester United '96. Relax, it's not going to happen.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Going to watch Danny Baker on Sunday reminded me how foolish it is to stand up and shout "Nothing can go wrong now!". So I won't.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Newcastle are two points behind us and are therefore more likely to screw it up than we are. That's Newcastle, the team who have led the league for most of the season, have a £15m striker they can afford to leave on the bench, and who are managed by a bloke whose previous role was the position of manager at Real Madrid.

They are not going to finish lower than second, and neither are we. So no, not worried at all.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Worry will stop if, and only if, we are mathematically certain to be promoted...

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Not worried, but we are not there yet and there is still work to do. The good thing is at the moment when I see the team play on the pitch we are better than the others. OK we might lose a game or two but I cannot see us losing all five.

For me though it is a bit too early to be thinking too much about what is going to happen if/when we get there. Forget the media hype, we have a game or two to win yet.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Was it Newcastle many years ago who were 11 points clear with 4 games to go? They lost every game and the next team won all 4 to take the title. It can happen but I do not think it will.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I have seen a lot of threads where people are confident that we will be promoted. I was just wondering if anyone is still nervous and feels that Huddersfield are not finished yet. I just feel that if Huddersfield win on Friday and Monday it could become tight again. I can see us losing to Wolves. By Monday night, we could still need 3 points from our last 3 games. The team looked really nervous in the last fifteen minutes against QPR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
No. We are going up. Seriously.

This team has got 175 points in the last 87 matches.

We need 6 points ( pragmatically, practically, realistically ) from 5 matches if Huddersfield win all their last 6.

Please enjoy it.

There is even an outside chance we are promoted within 58 HOURS.

:albion2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No. We are going up. Seriously.

This team has got 175 points in the last 87 matches.

We need 6 points ( pragmatically, practically, realistically ) from 5 matches if Huddersfield win all their last 6.

Please enjoy it.

There is even an outside chance we are promoted within 58 HOURS.

:albion2:

Not mathematically.

Sorry, but you are going to have to be patient - ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY EIGHT hours and counting.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Worried no. Surly it's Newcastle that are looking over their shoulder?

Nah, both of our teams are going up automatically.

We're 10 and you're 12 points clear of 3rd place with 18pts to go. Huddersfield have mixed form at the minute, 9pts from a possible 24. That 1.5 PpG should get them around 83 points and even if they win every game they'll end up on about 92, which you'll get with 2 wins from your last 5. We'll need 8 points to get that. If they lose to Preston and you pick up all 3 at Wolves, that's you on 89 and they're highest possible tally is 89.

Thing is, I don't think Huddersfield will win every game, they face Preston, Derby, Fulham in their next three and they're likely to trip up at least once.

We've lost Gayle at a really important time, but after Leeds we do play a lot of teams with nothing to play for, so I'd hope to pick up another 3 wins from these 5.

We'll both have the "joy" of away trips to Stoke next year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here