Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
“I want to play at the highest and not be loaned to a club in the Championship or something like that"

“I hope to find a club in Spain or Germany where I can get a fair chance to show myself.”

Hang on numbnutz if you want to play at the highest, why not bide your time or take your chances no matter how small, rather than imply it is not your fault and threaten to leave in under a year !!

You know what actually you sound like a bad egg, be gone with you and take your chip with you....

Never comfortable to be witness to a player publicly struggling to come to terms with the fact that they've reached their personal ceiling as a player. Wasn't nice to see it with Hemed and Baldock last season. Not nice to see it with Locadia this season. Fair play to them all tho. It's their career and their life. It must be really hard for them to come to terms with. They're only human after all.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Never comfortable to be witness to a player publicly struggling to come to terms with the fact that they've reached their personal ceiling as a player. Wasn't nice to see it with Hemed and Baldock last season. Not nice to see it with Locadia this season. Fair play to them all tho. It's their career and their life. It must be really hard for them to come to terms with. They're only human after all.

I completely understand that, but this guy has advisers probably for football and his blossoming music career, surely someone should sit him down and say, hey hang on don't burn your bridges dude, you have hardly been there a year, and now your mouthing off, your in a personal & business sense now limiting your options.....

Not a good move, alienating yourself from those that currently pay your wages, and making yourself look like a cockwobble to future investors in your invisible talent

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Wow - these Dutch footballs really don't take, how you say: 'any sheet.'

I saw Jurgen in the flesh up at Newcastle. I thought he'd be rapid, yet he looked like someone going up a hill on a mountain bike in a gear which makes the peddles spin really fast yet progress is somewhat limited.

He looks like a really good league 1 striker to me. I think that dutch football, on the whole, is around that standard - with the lesser teams simply not very good.

Ah well; I guess it's only going to end one way now.

Last edited:

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Whether he has the talent and is good enough for the English prem has not be proved or disproved IMHO. He obviously is frustrated and wants either a transfer or a run of starts in the 1st team which he thought might be speeded up by saying stuff he probably shouldn't. Can not see CH taking it well or PB & TB as it goes against the #Together profile the club has been keen to push.

The biggest problem as I see it is simply a case of a square peg in a round hole ... He is never going to be a Muzza type forward and is more the channel runner for balls over the top or threaded through to run on to. That is just not how I have seen or see the Albion playing under CH , CH likes a big strong target man to hold up and help feed others and Locadia is never going to be that. Perhaps the hope was he could be a winger but he just does not have the defensive ethic that CH requires.

I would like to hope things can turn around for him but this little semi-rant is more likely to make things worse than better especially with Andone now fit and available and looking more the Albion type.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whether he has the talent and is good enough for the English prem has not be proved or disproved IMHO. He obviously is frustrated and wants either a transfer or a run of starts in the 1st team which he thought might be speeded up by saying stuff he probably shouldn't. Can not see CH taking it well or PB & TB as it goes against the #Together profile the club has been keen to push.

The biggest problem as I see it is simply a case of a square peg in a round hole ... He is never going to be a Muzza type forward and is more the channel runner for balls over the top or threaded through to run on to. That is just not how I have seen or see the Albion playing under CH , CH likes a big strong target man to hold up and help feed others and Locadia is never going to be that. Perhaps the hope was he could be a winger but he just does not have the defensive ethic that CH requires.

I would like to hope things can turn around for him but this little semi-rant is more likely to make things worse than better especially with Andone now fit and available and looking more the Albion type.

It’s a bit like the CMS situation.

It was only ever going to work, even then only possibly, if the team formation was built around his strengths.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

It was only ever going to work, even then only possibly, if the team formation was built around his strengths.

Building a team around one player's strengths is always going to be a non-starter tho eh? I'd suggest its down to the recruitment team to, er, recruit players to slot into, and hopefully add to, the existing team structure. Build a team around the 'strengths' of, say, CMS or Locadia? Sake! Never going to happen :rolleyes:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Rag'n'Bone Locadia

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
“I want to play at the highest and not be loaned to a club in the Championship or something like that"

“I hope to find a club in Spain or Germany where I can get a fair chance to show myself.”

Hang on numbnutz if you want to play at the highest, why not bide your time or take your chances no matter how small, rather than imply it is not your fault and threaten to leave in under a year !!

You know what actually you sound like a bad egg, be gone with you and take your chip with you....

Uwe was the epitome of a player who didn't get game time, unless the two main players got injured or suspended. He was a model professional who spent three years with us, and still tweets encouragement and congratulations to our players and the club.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Serious question and not having a dig because we’ve done ok with others but who would have been responsible for scouting him and then sorting out the deal once - I presume CH was on board. I genuinely don’t follow that side of things

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Building a team around one player's strengths is always going to be a non-starter tho eh? I'd suggest its down to the recruitment team to, er, recruit players to slot into, and hopefully add to, the existing team structure. Build a team around the 'strengths' of, say, CMS or Locadia? Sake! Never going to happen :rolleyes:

I understand, but sometimes it feels as if the team's attacking options are currently built around Murray's strengths and little else. Murray won't be with us for ever [and if he gets injured, may not be for long] so IMHO we need to offer and experiment with different styles of play now. If CH doesn't experiment more with game time for Locadia [ok, probably too late for him now] and Andone [I'd start him the next 5 away games and see how it goes], and possibly even a couple of 'youngsters' then we will never evolve.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It might be this season's white shorts, but he looks to me as if he's carrying quite a lot of weight around his rear end, which doesn't exactly fit with his notion that he's at some sort of peak of fitness.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I understand, but sometimes it feels as if the team's attacking options are currently built around Murray's strengths and little else. Murray won't be with us for ever [and if he gets injured, may not be for long] so IMHO we need to offer and experiment with different styles of play now. If CH doesn't experiment more with game time for Locadia [ok, probably too late for him now] and Andone [I'd start him the next 5 away games and see how it goes], and possibly even a couple of 'youngsters' then we will never evolve.

Well of course they are, he's banging the goals in and no one else looks like they can.

If Locadia or Andone want more time then they will have to earn it and earn it on impressing in 10, 15 or 20min substitute spells. If they can do that, then when Murray needs a break, which will come with the midweek games and as we head into the FA Cup, then they can earn their starts.

Honestly though, leaving out your best in form striker for 5 games just to try to 'evolve' the team; play your best team whenever you can regardless of how old they are or how much longer they might be with you.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Well of course they are, he's banging the goals in and no one else looks like they can.

If Locadia or Andone want more time then they will have to earn it and earn it on impressing in 10, 15 or 20min substitute spells. If they can do that, then when Murray needs a break, which will come with the midweek games and as we head into the FA Cup, then they can earn their starts.

Honestly though, leaving out your best in form striker for 5 games just to try to 'evolve' the team; play your best team whenever you can regardless of how old they are or how much longer they might be with you.

He did say the next 5 away games which makes some sense to me as we've been abysmal away from home since coming up so it's got to be worth trying something new? Coincidentally (or not?) our only away win in the last year came when Murray was off the pitch for most of the game.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He did say the next 5 away games which makes some sense to me as we've been abysmal away from home since coming up so it's got to be worth trying something new? Coincidentally (or not?) our only away win in the last year came when Murray was off the pitch for most of the game.

The striker hasn't been the issue away from home though has it. It's not like we've been creating loads of chances and its a case if only we had a better striker on, or one that does this or that.

Do you really want to be away from home and the one chance we do create gets fluffed because we're experimenting with other players who've not yet shown much as substitutes, but we're so desperate for alternatives, but we're leaving our top scoring striker on the bench because we're trying something different out?

If Andone in particular continues to impress when he comes on, then definitely try him in a game. I wouldn't commit to 5 though, 1 game at a time, see how it goes.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Serious question and not having a dig because we’ve done ok with others but who would have been responsible for scouting him and then sorting out the deal once - I presume CH was on board. I genuinely don’t follow that side of things

So I’ve got to research it all myself. Well thank you very much.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The striker hasn't been the issue away from home though has it. It's not like we've been creating loads of chances and its a case if only we had a better striker on, or one that does this or that.

Do you really want to be away from home and the one chance we do create gets fluffed because we're experimenting with other players who've not yet shown much as substitutes, but we're so desperate for alternatives, but we're leaving our top scoring striker on the bench because we're trying something different out?

If Andone in particular continues to impress when he comes on, then definitely try him in a game. I wouldn't commit to 5 though, 1 game at a time, see how it goes.

I'm going to disagree with you on that as having Murray up front does have a big bearing on the way we play and chances we create away from home as he has no pace so isn't much help on the counter and doesn't stretch the pitch enough to create space for the midfielders to break in to. This is not meant to be a Murray bash as I think he is great and is obviously massively important to us overall but the amount of times in away games we've defended well, then tried to break but had no one up the pitch quick enough has been incredibly frustrating. On the few times this season the wingers we have with pace have broken up field and looked up, they've got no one with them as the two centre midfielders and Murray are too deep and slow to catch up.

It's got to be worth a go for a few games hasn't it? As you say, we're not creating chances at the moment and I can't see any options in midfield that will change this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Quite. And if that player is obscenely talented, like Vicente, you might try it. And even then, it doesn't really work a lot of the time. Otherwise no chance, bin them off.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm going to disagree with you on that as having Murray up front does have a big bearing on the way we play and chances we create away from home as he has no pace so isn't much help on the counter and doesn't stretch the pitch enough to create space for the midfielders to break in to. This is not meant to be a Murray bash as I think he is great and is obviously massively important to us overall but the amount of times in away games we've defended well, then tried to break but had no one up the pitch quick enough has been incredibly frustrating. On the few times this season the wingers we have with pace have broken up field and looked up, they've got no one with them as the two centre midfielders and Murray are too deep and slow to catch up.

It's got to be worth a go for a few games hasn't it? As you say, we're not creating chances at the moment and I can't see any options in midfield that will change this.

As I said, it's worth a go if a player is showing it even in limited substitute appearances. I wouldn't unless there was enough excitement on show, even if it's for 10 mins or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here