Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As pointed out earlier, this is a complete impossibility.

If May wins a no confidence vote, then there's no leadership contest.

If she does't win, there will be a leadership contest ... but she can't be one of the candidates

As we slip further towards March, and it's the EU that are using delaying tactics!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Your'e being obtuse, old people tend to die off more than young people, statistically, there will be less of the older voters from 2016 still breathing in 2022 than there will be of the younger voters. In fact, long before that, before March 29th 2019, there will probably be more people alive that voted remain in 2016, than voted leave in 2016. So if one course of action will alienate one group of voters more than the other, in terms of being electable at the next election, it is safer to piss off Leave voters, which also includes the greater number of the electorate that don't bother at general elections.
Thats aside from not ruining the nation, which also affects your chances at elections.

I know I've mentioned this before but Open Britain has quoted a stat that shows is that if there was another referendum after the end of January, with only those who participated before allowed to vote and a requirement that they vote the same way as they did in June 2016, Remain would win. An actuary could explain it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well quite a few of You appeaser and Lord Haw Haw types on this thread seem to delight in the fact that Leave voters are passing away at a greater rate than remain voters.
That is how I came to the conclusion that you are probably not a very pleasant person to be around.Still if the spite filled insults are good you carry on.
We are on our way and March cannot be far away.

There are one or two I would not shed a tear for, will you weep for me if I die?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well quite a few of You appeaser and Lord Haw Haw types on this thread seem to delight in the fact that Leave voters are passing away at a greater rate than remain voters.
That is how I came to the conclusion that you are probably not a very pleasant person to be around.Still if the spite filled insults are good you carry on.

You're comparing remainers to Nazis? Take a look at yourself.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I know I've mentioned this before but Open Britain has quoted a stat that shows is that if there was another referendum after the end of January, with only those who participated before allowed to vote and a requirement that they vote the same way as they did in June 2016, Remain would win. An actuary could explain it.

Apparently, reporting that fact makes you a heartless *******, but being willing to risk NHS finances and ability to function, medical supply lines etc. makes you a patriot.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
What the EU think

[tweet]1063389516805877760[/tweet]

Deal done. No negotiation unless GE or referendum on terms.

Yep. Easy now. To leavers......THIS IS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR. Only thing left to do now is decide whether to take the deal, leave with no deal or remain. For all the rhetoric up to now, May has at least got this right.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Marvellous scenes !

The only surprise is that UKIP supporters haven't been complaining about the lack of news coverage on this protest (while overlooking the lack of numbers) on the BBC as they usually do and complaining of political bias

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Gove quoted as saying he is " Absolutely confident in Mrs May "...… well, that should rule him out as a future leader on the grounds of gross stupidity.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I don’t know. The wife says my jokes are suited to a 5 year ol, and I go-on a bit, but if you can put up with that I’m alright.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gove quoted as saying he is " Absolutely confident in Mrs May "...… well, that should rule him out as a future leader on the grounds of gross stupidity.

I’ll have a pint of what he’s had.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Despite all our differences, I hope we can all agree that the prat in the hat who appears with his billboards in just about every live broadcast from the parliament lawns would benefit from a hearty kick in the nuts :moo:

He's called Steven Bray from Port Talbot - he's received death threats, been spat at by EDL protesters walking past his group and other members of his group have been on the receiving end of violence, to name but a few unsavoury incidents, but despite all that he's there every day in Parliament Square Monday-Thursday when parliament sits apparently.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Mrs May and her team have done a fantastic job, putting forward a deal that would suit neither leave or remain is a masterstroke, firmly wedging the door open for a 2nd referendum, she is a true remainer, EU rubbing their hands, they have form remember when the 1st referendum don't go the way they want.

Just for the record, the Danes voted Against in a referendum and the issue went back to the EU. As a result of the referendum result the EU made a concession - a large one, involving the Danish currency - and the people were consulted again. The concession led to the Danish people voting For in the second referendum. Democracy in action.

The circumstances were similar in the case of the Ireland. The demand of the people, and the concession made, involved the country's neutrality. More democracy in action.

There was also a second referendum in France. As I recall - I'm not Googling any of this - the circumstances did not reflect well on the French government. Nevertheless, it is wrong to claim, as Brexit people do, the EU is in the business of asking voters again and again until they give the right answer.

Jan 30, 2008
Behave you twit. I enjoy plenty Britain has to offer, and if you look at my posts on the food, beer, music threads you’ll see I champion loads the country has to offer. If you only stick to the politics threads, like you do, of course you’ll see me slagging off stuff....I despise the Tories and think Brexit is a huge mistake .
Yes, even then you seem above it all
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Despite all our differences, I hope we can all agree that the prat in the hat who appears with his billboards in just about every live broadcast from the parliament lawns would benefit from a hearty kick in the nuts :moo:

Why? For being willing to show his opinion? We are free to demonstrate in this country, and he isn't breaking any laws.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Brexit is manna from heaven for the legal profession.

[tweet]1063401941118652417[/tweet]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why? For being willing to show his opinion? We are free to demonstrate in this country, and he isn't breaking any laws.

And boy does he know his rights. Just like he knows all the camera angles. Personally, I'd just like to hear the on-camera arguments without being distracted by that benny ramming his personal views down my throat during every live broadcast.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And boy does he know his rights. Just like he knows all the camera angles. Personally, I'd just like to hear the on-camera arguments without that benny ramming his personal views down my throat during every live broadcast.

You can hear the on camera arguments. Just close your eyes and your ears still work. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here