Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
it's like death row for the grizzlers on here, what's it going to be a lethal injection or the electric chair or a last minute stay of execution ,bye bye EU
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It always puzzles me when people deride the ECJ. The European Court of Justice was formed in 1950, with Winston Churchill as a signatory. This was long before the Common Market, EEC, or latterly the EU, but seems to be lumped in with Europe, so must be bad.
Bizarre.

The European Court of Justice is nothing to do with the EU. It was started in 1952, based in Luxembourg, and one of the signatories was Winston Churchill.

Well yes you are obviously puzzled, definitely misinformed and floating around in the twilight fantasy zone.
To still claim the ECJ is somehow nothing to do with the EU is utterly bonkers, a couple of clicks on the internet would tell you how wrong you are.
Do you even know what the ECJ role is in the EU?
Who on earth fills your head with this rubbish?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We already 'control our borders'.

14773b2971c73b-43.-Pinocchio.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
Well yes you are obviously puzzled, definitely misinformed and floating around in the twilight fantasy zone.
To still claim the ECJ is somehow nothing to do with the EU is utterly bonkers, a couple of clicks on the internet would tell you how wrong you are.
Do you even know what the ECJ role is in the EU?
Who on earth fills your head with this rubbish?
Nick clegg and Tony blair
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Just heard on LBC the Kate Hoey will not attend the next Vauxhall Labour meeting, where they are discussing her deselection

That's what you get for voting with the Tories and letting Labour down.

I have no problem with MPs doing what they think is right for the country. I just wish more of them would do it. For every Kate Hoey there are ten MPs sitting on their hands and not acting to defend what they believe to be the best interests of the nation. In fairness it takes a brave man to stand up to the thuggish, threatening party whips. How glorious our democracy is...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
what does the law say the penalty should be for breach of electrol law?

Also a bit worrying the remainers who are claiming "Vote Leave broke the law" , whilst vote leave has refuted the allegations made by the EC, a police investigation has not even begun, no prosecution has started, and no conclusion has been made by a court.

Think one of these people said they used to be a magistrate as well.......yikes!

Jan 30, 2008
I have no problem with MPs doing what they think is right for the country. I just wish more of them would do it. For every Kate Hoey there are ten MPs sitting on their hands and not acting to defend what they believe to be the best interests of the nation. In fairness it takes a brave man to stand up to the thuggish, threatening party whips. How glorious our democracy is...
MORE LIKE NOT ACTING ON BEHALF OF THEIR CONSTITUANTS WHICH EVER WAY THEY VOTED
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
MORE LIKE NOT ACTING ON BEHALF OF THEIR CONSTITUANTS WHICH EVER WAY THEY VOTED
regards
DR

For once we agree. Hoey's constituency voted Remain, and she defied the Labour whip, for her own selfish cause.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Do you really think we will get through to next March without a General Election?

I think a general election is unlikely as the Tories who are a right bunch of back stabbers are not going to ship Mrs May until the deed is done when that is is another question

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
With the loss of Paisley that is one less for May's majority so could put her at risk

30 sitting days suspension and the Recall of MPs Act means as that's over 10 days, if 10% of his electorate petition for it, a by-election can be called. Got a 20,000 majority though and despite 16% of North Antrim voting Sinn Fein, I'm sure they all really, really like their Presbyterian DUP MP and won't force him to stand in a by-election though. :whistle:

(Best not tell [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION] he hates petitions)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here