Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Gardner...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would be a strange one, even if Stephens is out for a while I would say we have a fair amount of cover.
Would be disappointed if it meant less time for JFC or Ince.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Would be a strange one, even if Stephens is out for a while I would say we have a fair amount of cover.
Would be disappointed if it meant less time for JFC or Ince.

I would be disapointed if it was less game time for Ince. But Forster Caskey isnt good enough so he would be a welcome addition.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm pleased with another midfielder. We play with 5 of them per game at the moment so need cover for injuries and those who dip in form

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
Delighted with this news! If it wasn't for doing his ACL twice this guy would be playing for England, no joke!

Even if on loan it is clear that he isn't first choice at Villa, so a permanent deal could be very likely if he performs.

To me this is a signal of intent from Hyypia and the board. Perhaps Toko could be off seeing as he wasn't included for the Bolton game.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I always end up signing more midfield players than i need when I play FIFA or Football Manager, it's nice to know this is a real world problem and not just a virtual one.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Tweeted by Naylor but deleted not long after, would be a useful addition.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
From the argus.

Albion are about to make Aston Villa's midfield prospect Gary Gardner their TENTH signing of the summer.

Gardner, 22 is joining the Seagulls on loan until January 1.

He will link up at the Amex with Villa team-mate and left-back Joe Bennett, who has been borrowed from the West Midlands club for the season.

Gardner scored at the Amex in a previous loan spell with Coventry in November 2011.

He has also been loaned out to Sheffield Wednesday and signed a new two-year deal with Villa in the summer.

Albion are also still likely to sign another striker before the transfer window shuts next Monday night and they are battling with Hull to land Cork City's highly-rated young right-back Brian Lenihan for the development squad.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
JFC (loan?) or Kemy leaving? Can't see why we'd want another midfielder, unless we're offloading someone.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
he's just signed a new deal at Villa?

Yes, it appears that Lambert is quite keen on him. Looks like he is being loaned out for game time. Probably cover for Stephens. But what's happening with Toko ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So our current midfielders ...

DM - Toko, Ince, Holla, Crofts, Stephens
CM/playmakers - Tex, Agustien, [Bruno], JFC, Gardner
Wingers - March, KLL, McCourt

Surely now means a possible loan out or exit ... Or perhaps its just cover for the injured March and Stephens...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I do have a feeling we may be losing a midfielder this week. There is probably method in all this midfield madness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here