Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training Ground

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Clucking hell - it's a long way from the Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean, Uni...

It's like a bloody monumental jigsaw coming together. Will the new manager be the last piece?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
9avatuga.jpg

Some managers would find that roof too low...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I think I've already spotted a significant flaw in our plan to train the players to be more clinical in front of goal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Imagine, after years of sitting in what essentially are damp school changing rooms & having to switch between the University & the Amex/Withdean depending on the time, how genuinely excited the players are going to be to come back to pre-season training.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Imagine, after years of sitting in what essentially are damp school changing rooms & having to switch between the University & the Amex/Withdean depending on the time, how genuinely excited the players are going to be to come back to pre-season training.

Both of them will be delighted.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Next season, we'll almost have run out of excuses to be crap.

Sobering.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
The Grass at The Amex is a mix of synthetic (plastic) stuff and real grass, the grass at the current training ground is, grass.

It is believed, by some, that the pitch at the Amex is causing our injuries, so by training on identical pitches the injuries will cease.

Although I think it may double them.

Maybe we should switch to what other grounds have as take Burnely for example, no problem with their pitch or away pitches for them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think I've already spotted a significant flaw in our plan to train the players to be more clinical in front of goal.
It's just the early phase of training - at the moment the corner flags are doubling up as the goalposts and they'll gradually move them inwards as the weeks progress :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's just the early phase of training - at the moment the corner flags are doubling up as the goalposts and they'll gradually move them inwards as the weeks progress :thumbsup:

Still an improvement from using jumpers though, which I'm led to believe is the case at Sussex Uni.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Grass at The Amex is a mix of synthetic (plastic) stuff and real grass, the grass at the current training ground is, grass.

It is believed, by some, that the pitch at the Amex is causing our injuries, so by training on identical pitches the injuries will cease.

No it is a pure grass pitch unlike other clubs who have a fibre grass mix. These pitches have to be laid as in turfed. Our pitch was sown and you will remember skimmed last year. This again could not have happened if the grass was mixed with fibres.

The resilience in our pitch is due to the fibres used in the root medium. Basically the soil is mixed with various fibres making it more resilient. The pitch is the same type as used by Rangers in Scotland

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

There is no synthetic grass in the pitch at the Amex, it is the stuff that the grass roots grows through that is synthetic - this stuff gives the pitch its strength and is the reason why the pitch never cuts up.

You are of course right that the idea is that being able to train on identical surfaces at Lancing should help reduce injuries. The majority of the pitches at the training ground aren't the same as the Amex though.

As an aside, my understanding is that at Southampton's training ground they've taken it a step further and created all sorts of different surfaces - so presumably have at least one churned up rugby pitch to practice on!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here