Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next manager will be a Glen Hoddle and here is why...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Some people had a problem with OG and his command of the English language. I have a similar problem, with Glenn Hoddle and his garbled grammar. Fortunately I usually skip over the post match interviews.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He got Swindon to the premier league having taken over in div 3. Swindon. He won cups with Chelsea when they were still underachievers before abramovich. England played better under him than any other manager since bobby robson and his tactical nous nearly won us the game against Argentina with 10 men, when he kept 2 strikers on and had them alternating between defence and attack. He has a strong interest in coaching and developing young players.

But no, of course he's not good enough for Brighton.

Some of our fans are deluded beyond belief. How on earth can they look down their noses at Hoddle? I can only believe that they haven't studied his career and footballing ethos. To my mind, he was a more impressive England manager than Venables ( who still gets rave reviews over Euro 96 ) Yes, his off-field baggage still haunts him but he's not the only one to have been hounded out by the press.
Bring it on, I say.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Some of our fans are deluded beyond belief. How on earth can they look down their noses at Hoddle? I can only believe that they haven't studied his career and footballing ethos. To my mind, he was a more impressive England manager than Venables ( who still gets rave reviews over Euro 96 ) Yes, his off-field baggage still haunts him but he's not the only one to have been hounded out by the press.
Bring it on, I say.

And many of our fans have no experience of day to day life with a disability.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would take Hoddle, apart from being my foootballing hero when growing up, he is a great coach.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
And many of our fans have no experience of day to day life with a disability.

Indeed, they haven't.
Two of my children are on the autistic spectrum and ill-judged remarks re disability don't sit lightly with me.
I am judging Hoddle on his potential to do a good job at my beloved football club and am prepared to accept that he made a mistake a number of years ago and has probably regretted it ever since.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Some people had a problem with OG and his command of the English language. I have a similar problem, with Glenn Hoddle and his garbled grammar. Fortunately I usually skip over the post match interviews.

I'd almost forgotten about that - his complete inability to string a straightforward sentence together

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'd almost forgotten about that - his complete inability to string a straightforward sentence together

We've had to put up with a mix of garbled Spanish/ English plus a huge dollop of bullshit for four and a half years now so a little ' Hoddlesque ' rambling won't worry me.
There were times driving home after games when Gus or Oscar would come on the radio and you'd be none the wiser.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
In the same way many would protest managers such as Di Canio, I couldn't support a club that hired somebody with his views.

Realistically that won't happen which makes your statement slightly toothless. To be honest I have supported the club through a lot of transitions with bad managers, grounds and owners but nothing stopped me going and I can't imagine that will change. The situation now is very different and obviously this is just opinion but we have a great infrastructure and a great owner, we are going places although we are not there yet and with a stable manager I can only see one outcome for the Albion.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Realistically that won't happen which makes your statement slightly toothless. To be honest I have supported the club through a lot of transitions with bad managers, grounds and owners but nothing stopped me going and I can't imagine that will change. The situation now is very different and obviously this is just opinion but we have a great infrastructure and a great owner, we are going places although we are not there yet and with a stable manager I can only see one outcome for the Albion.

Of course, but for me it's not about where we are, where we are going or whether he would be a good manager or not, but as somebody who has a severely disabled sibling, i would not be able to go to the Amex every week in good conscience knowing that the club had employed Glen Hoddle. Considering how much work the club do for the community it would be a shocking appointment in my opinion. As for Triggar's argument, if the press had 'squeezed' a racist comment from him, would you still be so willing to forget it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here