Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth Cup game - did you go, or did you "go"?

Did you go to Bournemouth for the Carabo Cup, "go" or not bother

• I bought a ticket from the club and went

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • I bought a ticket but couldn't go - "something came up"

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I didn't buy a ticket from the club but bought one from someone who had "something come up"

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I didn't buy a ticket and I didn't go

Votes: 129 68.3%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Any snide reading this, you are a ****ing disgrace to this club, I hope you fail to get any further tickets away this season. *****.

Are you equally upset with fans with loyalty points who buy tickets for big away games, who know they can't go but give them to friends and family (without enough loyalty points) to go? Lots of circumventing the set of rules we have I'm afraid.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I couldn't get a ticket and reading that half of those sold simply didn't bother to go hasn't really improved my mood , I really hope those that attended had a good time even though the game was pants and those that simply didn't bother going but bagged the points ,to you people there are no words I can say without infractions that you probably haven't thought of calling yourselves already .

Well, as I've already referred to them today, as 'selfish chancers', 'snides' and 'tosspots', You're going to need to be quite creative, for your description to be worthy of an infraction. Go for it...

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
This used to be a big problem with England away games, people buying tickets for others or cap hunting.

THE FA introduced the following - only get loyalty points for home games when tickets are scanned, for away games its now 100% ticket collection. You have to show your Englandfans card and you CANNOT collect for others, they have to do this individually.

Hopefully we will never get to this point, but things can be done but a drastic measure.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Are you equally upset with fans with loyalty points who buy tickets for big away games, who know they can't go but give them to friends and family (without enough loyalty points) to go? Lots of circumventing the set of rules we have I'm afraid.

That's kind of different to be honest. If I didn't have enough loyalty points but a friend did, I'd ask them to buy me a ticket. But at least the ticket would be used.

People are pissed off about last night because people bought tickets purely for the points which resulted in a lot of wasted empty seats.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Chose the "I didn't buy a ticket from the club but bought one from someone who had "something come up" option but it was a bit more complicated than that.

I'm not bothered about points, I haven't got a season ticket, go to a couple of away games a year and get second hand tickets from mates and word of mouth. So when a mate said he was going I mentioned that I'd go along if he got hold of a ticket for me - which he did from a relative who couldn't go but would be grateful for the points.

Fine by me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's kind of different to be honest. If I didn't have enough loyalty points but a friend did, I'd ask them to buy me a ticket. But at least the ticket would be used.

People are pissed off about last night because people bought tickets purely for the points which resulted in a lot of wasted empty seats.

I know why they are annoyed, and rightly so, however the system has led to this, enough of us said as soon as £10 and 10 points was announced for this game this would happen. It was foreseeable, and preventable in my opinion. As I have said on other posts, £10 / points TBC. I think would have prevented this to the degree it has happened.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

If you arent going to the game then don't buy a ticket. How selfish can you be.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just like the wallet thread. People won't admit the truth on a public forum

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Done a few of these games in recent years at Walsall, Oxford, Southend - but quite frankly it is not worth the effort to see our reserve side struggling to win most of these games which look easy on paper.I know this was two premier sides, but train fare and hotel not really a justified cost.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
tried to sell some half and half scarfes in the away end for the cup match but no one their to buy them
regards
DR

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
At the end of the day there are selfish people (not fans) who just look after themselves and don't care who they tread on.

To them they don't care about our Community Club or our 'Togetherness'. It is all about themselves.

I warned Paul Barber this was happening and I hope he saw the extent of it last night with all the empty seats and has a rethink.

I hope Bournemouth Caterers ask him what happened when they catered for 1,200 fans and threw half of it away afterwards.

As mentioned previously, perhaps the answer is not declaring the points earned until after the game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As mentioned previously, perhaps the answer is not declaring the points earned until after the game.

How would that work? I can't think of any approach that wouldn't negatively impact those who bought a ticket AND did bother to attend.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bournemouth Cup game - did you go, or did you "go"?

As I was spotted twice do I get double loyalty points?

Treble at least! I'm sure we all saw you!

Actually, that's given me an idea. The club could pay you (in loyalty points) to verify who waved to you and were therefore definitely in attendance :lol:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here