Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty points for buying official kit from club shop

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, not yet... but some Albion fans are obv prepared to PAY for loyalty points, which leaves a bit of an open goal for Paul Barber and the Albion marketing team!

Recently Taylor Swift's people announced a scheme where fans could get bonus points (to jump queue for gig tickets) by visiting the official website, buying merchandise, pre-ordering the new album online, buying the physical album etc etc.

Obviously the scheme has been widely panned by fans (and parents), but it's probably the future... :moo:

PS I'd like Albion loyalty points for travelling from London to home games please. And extra points for midweek matches. Ta.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I definitely think loyalty points should be linked to miles travelled to get to games. Absolutely, yes, seems only fair.

Sent from my house near Penzance

Not proposing a point per mile, btw... ;-)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Ok, not yet... but some Albion fans are obv prepared to PAY for loyalty points, which leaves a bit of an open goal for Paul Barber and the Albion marketing team!

Recently Taylor Swift's people announced a scheme where fans could get bonus points (to jump queue for gig tickets) by visiting the official website, buying merchandise, pre-ordering the new album online, buying the physical album etc etc.

Obviously the scheme has been widely panned by fans (and parents), but it's probably the future... :moo:

PS I'd like Albion loyalty points for travelling from London to home games please. And extra points for midweek matches. Ta.

This isn't new, U2 were running this rip off scam on their 'fans' 10 years ago.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This isn't new, U2 were running this rip off scam on their 'fans' 10 years ago.

That's slightly different - just had to join fan club, I think? Still the case.

Taylor Swift actually has a points system.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Seconded!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's a ludicrous suggestion.

I mean, just when will the club have a decent stock of kit that people could buy?
Anyone who buys an away shirt with *those* sleeves deserves at least 100 points.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

I would also like loyalty points for travelling from Northampton to home games, and extra points for purchasing a considerable amount of alcohol within the Amex.

PS. A point for every programme purchased :shrug:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

The Killers did the same

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Points deductions for early leavers, moaners, and bonus points for people who don't use cars for any part of their journey to the Amex, buying a programme, anything else?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I definitely think loyalty points should be linked to miles travelled to get to games. Absolutely, yes, seems only fair.

Sent from my house near Penzance

I think that is the most sensible suggestion I've heard so far in regards to "Cherrygate". :whistle:

Distance.jpg

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Hang on, am I to be disadvantaged because I live comparatively close? Perhaps I should move to Croydon and travel from there? I would prefer to be given loyalty points because I travelled to every home match at Gillingham.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Hang on, am I to be disadvantaged because I live comparatively close? Perhaps I should move to Croydon and travel from there? I would prefer to be given loyalty points because I travelled to every home match at Gillingham.

If you moved to Croydon, you would have loyalty points deducted for such a stupid move.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here