Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did Izquierdo play last night?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My fears that he's just an expensive Elvis weren't alleviated at all, but it's not the sort of game, nor side around him, on which to form a proper judgement.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Started very brightly, then as all of them stopped, but the service was awful 2nd half.

This. Except I didn't think he started that brightly either. He was ok - but nothing special (on last night's performance), give him time though. He's certainly quick, when he can be bothered to turn it on.

I was much more impressed by our two young CM, both of whom were technically excellent, calm, seemed to create time and had good vision. Not afraid to get stuck in. Give them some games and time to bulk up a bit, and both could be the real deal.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
He was looking for the early ball that never came. Looked quite frustrated to me. Decent run & shot first half.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
This. Except I didn't think he started that brightly either. He was ok - but nothing special (on last night's performance), give him time though. He's certainly quick, when he can be bothered to turn it on.

I was much more impressed by our two young CM, both of whom were technically excellent, calm, seemed to create time and had good vision. Not afraid to get stuck in. Give them some games and time to bulk up a bit, and both could be the real deal.

Early stages good couple of runs shots, cut across defence etc, he needed to build on that start and get at them, but as you say give him time think he will be very good for us. The x2 Cm agree lots of potential good to see, they need game time though, which is always the issue. Not sure how you get round that other than loan out.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Decent run & shot first half.

I'd forgotten that. Yes, that was nice.

Seemed strange that nearly all our attacks were launched down the right, thus further starving him of service. He swapped with Murphy in ET, taking the lone striker role - didn't seem to change much though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My fears that he's just an expensive Elvis weren't alleviated at all, but it's not the sort of game, nor side around him, on which to form a proper judgement.

His lack of minutes so far would suggest CH is feeling the same, or perhaps very cautiously easing him in. WBA on about 70mins, Bournemouth probably earlier had Izquierdo been seriously impressing in training, I think Knocky could have been replaced as he does tend to run himself into the ground. Time will tell, but since his 10mins at Watford, very surprised we didn't more of him in the subsequent league games.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Thanks for the update. Give me five minutes and I'll start another thread entitled: "Izquierdo: what a total waste of money!" or some such...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Give the lad a chance FFS.
He had to put up with playing alongside Murphy and Skalac last night. I defy anyone to look impressive with those two deadbeats in company. Surely the worst two players in the whole of the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here