Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, this. Debate the pros and cons by all means, but the constant diatribe that all leavers are old, racist, selfish and trying to f**k things up for their children is, at best, tiresome. At worst, childish; 'toys' and 'pram' come to mind.

What age are you? And what age is [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]? You must both be old from the way you carry on.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Go on then, find a poorly sourced remain article and compare it with a well sourced Brexit article. You might easily be able to find the former but I bet you'll be hard pressed on the latter. You mention the Telegraph, I've read their stuff too of course and while it's not as blatantly false as the other rags, in most cases their articles still fail to stand up to scrutiny when you know how to critically assess sources as well as I do. Go on, I'd like to get my teeth into one of these "well sourced Brexit articles" and prove to you exactly why you're full of shit.

Get your Windolene stained gnashers into this one http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rope-cost-the-british-taxpayer-3m-a-day-last/ which is based on this https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/235

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Access to SM or customs union will require us to swallow all these regulations.

Seems quite sensible to me.

Oh - now I understand - we voted to leave so we could carry on buying high powered vacuums. At last a reason for Brexit.

But wait - if we want to carry on selling to the EU we still have to abide by their rules. Doh!

Is that why Dyson has been in a sulk? I'd buy an EU made Miele all day long

Anyway we will still be complying the EU standards after Brexit

:fishing::facepalm:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The most recent economic data has not fundamentally changed the post-Brexit picture for the UK economy. Growth is slowing in the UK while it is picking up elsewhere in the EU. There are two obvious reasons why this is the case. First, Brexit is adding to uncertainty about investment decisions and other long-term economic commitments. Second, inflation has risen because the pound has fallen, and this is squeezing consumers’ purchasing power.
Normally, we would expect a recovery in the other EU economies to benefit Britain. Because of Brexit, growth in the UK and other EU economies are now moving in opposite directions.
The pound is now extremely weak in historical terms. Since the euro was launched in 1999, sterling has never been below €1.10 and $1.30 at the same time until this month.

Life in the slow lane. Look what you could have had.

I look forward to [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]'s reply and his "personal economic indicators" or whatever clumsy English he chooses today :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I look forward to [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]'s reply and his "personal economic indicators" or whatever clumsy English he chooses today :lolol:

He's got his country back and so he's happy just with that, sod the economy, food standards and decent working conditions. Unfortunately the Pound's slide against the Euro is set to continue with many predicting parity by early spring or summer next year. When that happens it won't be worth me doing anymore Belgian beer runs as the cost will be far too prohibitive. I dread to think what the cumulative effect of this further slide will do to inflation and growth but the likes of BigGully can't see it or admit it ever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's got his country back and so he's happy just with that, sod the economy, food standards and decent working conditions. Unfortunately the Pound's slide against the Euro is set to continue with many predicting parity by early spring or summer next year. When that happens it won't be worth me doing anymore Belgian beer runs as the cost will be far too prohibitive. I dread to think what the cumulative effect of this further slide will do to inflation and growth but the likes of BigGully can't see it or admit it ever.

He's got his country back? I think you mean the far right of the Tory party have got the country they want.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

More prattle from the nerdy gang this morning, [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] brought in big hitter [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION], you couldnt make it up, rumour has it Vegster is going to use all his fingers and thumbs in the coming months for his currency and inflation reports.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Selective quoting and not providing a link so the source can be interrogated ... that's at least two remain thread crimes. *tut*

We can just about see you in the rearview mirror. I'm sure you will catch up eventually ...

eurozone.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
More prattle from the nerdy gang this morning, [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] brought in big hitter [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION], you couldnt make it up, rumour has it Vegster is going to use all his fingers and thumbs in the coming months for his currency and inflation reports.

Can't wait for the rest of the tag team lots more of ..

x59vsw.png

Is it a fear based Safety in numbers thing or a Remoan self help group?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Selective quoting and not providing a link so the source can be interrogated ... that's at least two remain thread crimes. *tut*

We can just about see you in the rearview mirror. I'm sure you will catch up eventually ...

eurozone.jpg

I love this sort of "evidence" from Leavers. The graph is historical - it shows the situation WHILST WE ARE IN THE EU - the key issue is what happens to our GDP once we've left. The picture will look pretty awful.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

eurozone.jpg

You realise that you've just posted a graph showing how well we were doing right up and till we voted to leave the EU? Brilliant.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You realise that you've just posted a graph showing how well we were doing right up and till we voted to leave the EU? Brilliant.

Clearly not true, here are the figures prior and since the referendum, make of it what you will but clearly there was stronger growth after the referendum in Q3 and Q4 2017, just for clarification, brilliant.

Q1 2015: 0.3% Q1 2016: 0.2% Q1 2017: 0.2%
Q2 2015: 0.5% Q2 2016: 0.6% Q2 2017: 0.3%
Q3 2015: 0.3% Q3 2016: 0.5%
Q4 2015: 0.7% Q4 2016: 0.7%

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I love this sort of "evidence" from Leavers. The graph is historical - it shows the situation WHILST WE ARE IN THE EU - the key issue is what happens to our GDP once we've left. The picture will look pretty awful.

you do know that the projection provided by the treasury under pro-Remain Osborne, is that the rate of growth slows by 0.2 a year. so the picture will look pretty much the same.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The wait for BigGully to take the sack off his head continues....as does the wait for his humour transplant.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I know for a fact that their ganging up on people had pushed at least one person off NSC because he felt he was being constantly bullied.

That's sad to hear. I wondered where he had gone.

This thread and the level of abuse has been going down hill recently .. which is saying something.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Having no mainstream party addressing the legitimate concerns of a clear majority combined with no parliamentary representation for the one party that does, opens the way for more extreme options/parties which is a failure in our democratic system.

What about the who governs us, sovereignty point?

I respect your point about no mainstream party addressing the apparent concerns about immigration levels but surely it is the case that all us millions of voters have always had specific concerns about different things - I'm furious about live animal exports for example - but understand that no one political party is likely to deal with them all. We chose the party that best deals with the concerns on our personal lists, weighting those concerns according to how important they are to us as individuals. That choice, like life itself, is a compromise. If immigration levels are the most important matter in most voters' lives then an anti-immigration party will win - ridiculous voting system or not.

Putting a single subject in front of people takes no account of how relatively important that subject is to the individual - which is why some people voted for Leave in the referendum and for a party against Leave in an election. Immigration is important to them, but not overwhelmingly so.

I've rabbited on too much already so on the sovereignty issue I'd simply say that in an interdependent world no country is fully sovereign. Our sharing of sovereignty with other EU nations is clear and above board and generally conducted via a respected legal system - I'm not sure that the compromises we will have to make with any future trading partners will be as transparent. I know you disagree.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That's sad to hear. I wondered where he had gone.

This thread and the level of abuse has been going down hill recently .. which is saying something.

You're right. Poor Pastafarian has been a bit quiet lately, as has Cunning Fergus. Maybe you're talking about that Maldini chap though. Wasn't that his name? Didn't he decide to graciously step down last year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here