Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Birmingham

GenericJames

Apr 2, 2016
I thought the team played really well against a very decent Burnley side, for the majority of the game, we were the better side. Because of that, I really don't think there's any need to change the team around too much, unless of course individuals like Bruno or Baldock are injured.

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy
Hemed
Wilson

Subs: Maenppa, Greer, Bong, Skalak, Lua Lua, Sidwell, Zamora

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I did notice Knockheart also feeling his hamstring after the last kick of the game which was a bit worrying but he seemed fit enough when trying to kick it off with Barton as they were leaving the field so maybe nothing too much there...

I would partner Murphy with Hemed and play either LuaLua or Shalak out wide.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kind of you to volunteer to drive him to the game...I knew you were an ok bloke deep down :thumbsup:

Since his last injury and on his most recent short sub showings he would struggle to get in the U21 team. Have his injuries caught up with him as his previous specialty was his burst of speed which seems to have deserted him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Surprised at the criticism of Wilson, on the TV at least he made three excellent runs into space, none of which resulted in a pass being made to him. Our problem during the last 30 minutes was that Kayal, Stephens, Murphy, Hemed and Knockaert were all knackered and Wilson didn't get any support. Could have done with a couple of them being subbed off but the enforced changes of Baldock and Bruno meant we couldn't.

I would be suprised if the midfield four were the same, expect to see 1,2 or all of LuaLua/Skalak/Sidwell start.

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Surprised at the criticism of Wilson, on the TV at least he made three excellent runs into space, none of which resulted in a pass being made to him. Our problem during the last 30 minutes was that Kayal, Stephens, Murphy, Hemed and Knockaert were all knackered and Wilson didn't get any support. Could have done with a couple of them being subbed off but the enforced changes of Baldock and Bruno meant we couldn't.

I would be suprised if the midfield four were the same, expect to see 1,2 or all of LuaLua/Skalak/Sidwell start.
Well being stuck in deepest, darkest Surrey house sitting I was watching on TV and thought Wilson was powder puff. He pulled out of or made half hearted challenges in every 50/50 and made little effort to chase back afterwards. Some might say that's not his game and to a certain extent I'd agree and he made some intelligent runs into the box with poor service given but in a match of this magnitude I'd hope he'd be more up for it. He was the only player I whinged at during the game(didn't really notice Sidwell which perhaps says a lot too).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Since his last injury and on his most recent short sub showings he would struggle to get in the U21 team. Have his injuries caught up with him as his previous specialty was his burst of speed which seems to have deserted him.

Does this mean you won't be driving him :(

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well being stuck in deepest, darkest Surrey house sitting I was watching on TV and thought Wilson was powder puff. He pulled out of or made half hearted challenges in every 50/50 and made little effort to chase back afterwards. Some might say that's not his game and to a certain extent I'd agree and he made some intelligent runs into the box with poor service given but in a match of this magnitude I'd hope he'd be more up for it. He was the only player I whinged at during the game(didn't really notice Sidwell which perhaps says a lot too).

This is how we were seeing it from WSL as well. Wilson was just too lightweight - don't think he put a decent tackle in, won a header (he hardly ever does anyway) or won a 50/50 ball. He makes good runs though and draws defenders, and has decent pace. Not sure Sidwell knew what he was supposed to be doing - was he up front or bolstering midfield ? Ended up doing neither very well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here