Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed- Nowhere near Championship standard

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Nearly all strikers are ' streak ' players. They thrive on confidence and go on little runs of scoring, then stop for a while, then start again. Study the careers of most forward players and the pattern is the same. The only exceptions are the truly world class who just manage to keep that consistency going. Messi doesn't go many games without scoring. These scoring streaks usually last 8-10 games and usually produce 6-8 goals. In a very good season a striker would hope to have three of these streaks and end the season with around 25 goals. Looks like Hemed is going to have two. His first 7 games of the season produced 5 goals. In the 8th game he missed a penalty at Wolves and his confidence dipped. His latest run has produced 5 goals in 8 games and the test is now whether he can keep it going.

Most worrying thing for me was after the Wolves game he scored about 1 goal in 20 matches? Can't afford that in this division, hopefully when his streak comes to an end this time he continues doing what he is doing at the moment.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Most worrying thing for me was after the Wolves game he scored about 1 goal in 20 matches? Can't afford that in this division, hopefully when his streak comes to an end this time he continues doing what he is doing at the moment.

Hemed is stocky and robust but not the quickest thing on two legs. He can't burst clear of defenders. His first touch can look clumsy at times but he works hard in getting behind the defence. He needs a player like Baldock to create space for him.
I've thought about his ' barren ' spell and don't remember him missing too many sitters in that period. In fact, he didn't get on the end of very much at all. So that perhaps suggests that the service to him could have been better. At times he was having to play the lone striker role, which doesn't suit him and went through a number of games where we created very little.
Its indicative that he is having scoring spells when we are at our most creative. Early season, with KLL on fire and terrorising defences and Bong and Rosenior breaking quickly down the flanks. Now, with Knocky, Murphy and Skalac and KLL in reserve, we are opening up defences again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It makes such a change for an old thread to be bounced and to know I don't have to quickly scan through it to see if I've made myself look a nincompoop.

A rare luxury indeed, and not one available to everybody :lolol:

Ha ha me too, been backing Tomer & Sam all season, lovely feeling to see them both full of confidence and at the top of their games.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Hemed and Baldock starting together...P16...W11...D5 ...L0 :bowdown:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Hemed is stocky and robust but not the quickest thing on two legs. He can't burst clear of defenders. His first touch can look clumsy at times but he works hard in getting behind the defence. He needs a player like Baldock to create space for him.
I've thought about his ' barren ' spell and don't remember him missing too many sitters in that period. In fact, he didn't get on the end of very much at all. So that perhaps suggests that the service to him could have been better. At times he was having to play the lone striker role, which doesn't suit him and went through a number of games where we created very little.
Its indicative that he is having scoring spells when we are at our most creative. Early season, with KLL on fire and terrorising defences and Bong and Rosenior breaking quickly down the flanks. Now, with Knocky, Murphy and Skalac and KLL in reserve, we are opening up defences again.

I thought he looked quicker than normal last night. He seems to have got more powerful and pacier as he the season has progressed.
(May be more of a reflection on the listlessness of the Leeds defenders I guess.)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Certainly speedier of thought and anticipation than the Leeds "defenders" for his 2nd goal.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That pass for Murphy in the 25th minute was awesome, top class.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
That OG looked like it was Baldock trying to find Hemed to his right. There wasn't enough power for a shot but just goes to show what can happen when you have the defence under pressure.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Always LOVED Hemed. Hard as nails puts a shift in and 15 goals marvellous. Would be on 20 had he not had his "bad spell" when he was hitting the post or keeper pulling out worldies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here