Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City sack Director of Football...

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
As far as I understand it, his stated responsibilities are not 'Sole Control over Transfers / Recruitment'. His job description is:

Managing the football aspects of the Club, on behalf of the Chairman working closely with the head coach and CEO, including:

Player and transfer negotiation.
Player budget
Player audits
Scouting and recruitment
Performance analysis
The Academy and player development
Player support services, education, welfare and liaison
Kit management
Women and girls elite football

My understanding is that a DoF does have control over playing budgets and recruitment. I don't believe that is David Burke's job description.

If this is Burkes job then he obviously cant cope with it as he does not seem to spend enough time on each aspect. The player recruitment (AKA. the loan system) and team are going down like the Titanic which proves it or he is just useless at finding players. Let get a proper manager like TIM SHERWOOD who has passion and wants to win and expects 100% work rate each game from every player. He is also proven at bring through young players like Harry Kane for example. Burke can stick to kit management as long as that only includes washing it..

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Classic business speak...give someone a job title which means no one knows what they actually do or are responsible for (from the outside)..

Head of Football?...has anyone seen any at the Amex this season?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If this is Burkes job then he obviously cant cope with it as he does not seem to spend enough time on each aspect. The player recruitment (AKA. the loan system) and team are going down like the Titanic which proves it or he is just useless at finding players. Let get a proper manager like TIM SHERWOOD who has passion and wants to win and expects 100% work rate each game from every player. He is also proven at bring through young players like Harry Kane for example. Burke can stick to kit management as long as that only includes washing it..

I would be very happy with Tim Sherwood.

I'm not sure how much [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] goes down, bit personal that bit I thought...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
From what I've seen and read they do have a massive budget, but they're no longer a club that are overspending. They actually make money. Selling good players makes money for them. And their academy is churning out quality young talent what seems like weekly. That's the power of money when you were at or near the top when the money came in. Us other clubs trying to break into it will always struggle. They overspent at the start but are now on a steady and stable income stream.

I'm not sure if their positive financials have much to do with a DoF or not. They have massive reach with TV and Merch deals all over the world.

Down here in the 'lower leagues' I genuinely believe that a KISS strategy is the best approach

Trouble is we just have to be PLR and so get way ahead of ourselves in every respect. Yes we have a nice stadium (ground) but so what?

Maybe a DoF when we get to PL but wtf is PLR all about other than justifying a fu****g great big and spurious overhead

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I liked Poyet's comments in the press yesterday about how unhappy he is with player recruitment at Sunderland over the last three years.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
As far as I understand it, his stated responsibilities are not 'Sole Control over Transfers / Recruitment'. His job description is:

Managing the football aspects of the Club, on behalf of the Chairman working closely with the head coach and CEO, including:

Player and transfer negotiation.
Player budget
Player audits
Scouting and recruitment
Performance analysis
The Academy and player development
Player support services, education, welfare and liaison
Kit management
Women and girls elite football

My understanding is that a DoF does have control over playing budgets and recruitment. I don't believe that is David Burke's job description.

Surely that is too much for one person? Scouting alone should require a whole team of people, none of whom are distracted by such tasks as "kit management"...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just for clarity, David Burke ISN'T a Director of Football.

He is Head of Football Operations. It is a different role.

Those operations are leaving us in a critical condition me thinks....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here