Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree, a narrow scenario and i suspect you're right on most other bands. Not sure 3% is a little though. Was just pointing out that high earners are not taxed lightly in the UK, which seems to be the perception

Fair point. A "tax" which is certainly higher is the cost of buying a property...I'm looking at 13% of the purchase price ouch

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] latest prediction of seats is Labour 271 and Tories 270, I just hope [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has not invested too much on a Tory victory

Thanks. I just read YouGov have Labour 2 points ahead after the manifesto launch. The fairer society is getting nearer.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Thanks. I just read YouGov have Labour 2 points ahead after the manifesto launch. The fairer society is getting nearer.

Did you see the Cameron interview tonight, sounds like that if there is no majority he is off. Which plays into the Labour hands as the Tories will rip themselves to shreds over Europe whilst Ed Miliband can get on with governing the country

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] latest prediction of seats is Labour 271 and Tories 270, I just hope [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has not invested too much on a Tory victory

The general population just needs more time to read the tory manifesto and it will all change :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The general population just needs more time to read the tory manifesto and it will all change :)

I'm sure they're are many out there still trying to make the numbers add up. Like the rest of us, they will eventually conclude they don't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did you see the Cameron interview tonight, sounds like that if there is no majority he is off. Which plays into the Labour hands as the Tories will rip themselves to shreds over Europe whilst Ed Miliband can get on with governing the country

No I didn't see/hear this. Where was this interview?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just as an aside, how do we all feel about getting the least value for money as a taxpayer?

www.independent.co.uk/news/business...lly-sucking-up-a-massive-subsidy-9723797.HTML

www.gov.uk/government/statistics/public-expenditure-statistical-analyses-2014

Pubic spending (per head of capita)

On education: England 1360, Wales 1365, Scotland 1441, NI 2109

On health: England 1912, Wales 1964, Scotland 2115, NI 1568

Totals of all public spending per head: England 8529, Wales 9709, Scotland 10152, NI 10876

Most of this is down to the Barnet formula of 1978, but he himself has since called it a mistake. On top of this are the sums that the average taxpayer from each region pays. London pays the highest amount but does in return receive the highest public spend per head in England. Sadly the South East pays the second highest amount per head but receives just about the lowest public spend in the whole of the UK! Feeling mugged off yet?

If we were then to add the possibility of a Labour controlled government in the near future then it will only get worse as they spend, spend, spend on their friends in the north whilst continuing to cancel more infrastructure projects in our region (see their manifesto re A27 improvements). Not saying the Tories will redress the balance but Labour will just kick you in the teeth yet again if given the chance.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
might be worth buying Clegg to form a new coalition with Conservatives at 6/1.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bit of passion at times, seemed ok to me

Ha ha. This is like when a footballer throws a tantrum on the pitch and his manager suggests "it's because he cares"

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
A comres survey for ITN has predicted the Conservatives will take all 14 seats from the libdems in the south west.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here