Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it just tragic the bedwetters are out in force, we're not playing well, and you're on their backs like the proverbial monkey.
The Fulham game was similar, we didn't play well, but got something out of it. Have faith of feck off FFS

If you think we were this shit against a much more incisive Fulham side I can only assume that I was at a different game

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Isn't it just tragic the bedwetters are out in force, we're not playing well, and you're on their backs like the proverbial monkey.
The Fulham game was similar, we didn't play well, but got something out of it. Have faith of feck off FFS

I wish I had a pair of your rose tinted specs as you're clearly not seeing what others are.
And haven't you grown out of calling people bedwetters when they have an opinion about a shocking performance? It's all a bit pathetic really.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
First game I've managed to watch this season. (Yup, bad fan).

During the 1st half, I was looking for a hint of improvement on last season. A bit of a step forward, either by individuals, or by the team overall. I have seen nothing.

We look completely second best so far. Hopefully we can pick it up in the 2nd half.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Played quite well against Fulham, to be fair. However, you’re right in that the bedwetting and writing off a whole season after 45 mins of an away game post the international break, when we never play well, is laughable.
You think it's bad on here? You should try listening to the BBC commentary!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well this is crap isn't it. Set up to defend again and then buggered when we concede. CH Southampton aren't world beaters so why back off them sooo much. Midfield completely MIA so far. Looks like we will be in a season long relegation battle at this rate !!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Chris is clueless away from home. I have the utmost respect for the bloke, but can he not see that this setup simply doesn't work?
That was a dire 45 and I can't see anything different unless he makes changes at half time.
If you give their defence nothing to think about then it becomes way to easy for them.March,knocky and Murray may as well not be on the field.No energy going forward and everyone is passing back....:(

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Well this is crap isn't it. Set up to defend again and then buggered when we concede. CH Southampton aren't world beaters so why back off them sooo much. Midfield completely MIA so far. Looks like we will be in a season long relegation battle at this rate !!!

Couldn't agree more. I know it's still early days but it's hard to think there will be 3 worse teams than us this season. Also shocked at how little impact the new signings are having.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I would like to see CH make a statement here. All 3 subs at half time. What we will get is probably a like for like sub.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What an awful performance 2nd best in everything. I would switch Propper alongside of Stephens and push Bissouma forward in his place. We have got to try to keep hold of the ball not give it away every time and show some effort.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The chances Southampton haven't taken might come back to haunt them.

Only 1 goal down. All to play for in the 2nd half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here