Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where can I drop off sleeping bags for homeless ?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Nothing to do with Brighton I appreciate, but the wife and I sorted out some really warm coats, most of them are brand new as I get given quite a lot of stuff like this due to my job (most of it sits in our lock up) anyway, we have given it all to the local homeless, it's not a massive thing to do, but I just hope a few people get some benefit out of the clothes especially in this horrible cold weather!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Off The Fence in Portland Road Hove do very good work with homeless. All donations will be appreciated

Oct 25, 2003
having thought about it I'd recommend donating financially to Off the Fence rather than giving them sleeping bags. The bags they buy are far better than the ones you'd get in shops as they buy direct from the supplier and get a discount, however they're a small charity (don't receive a penny of government funding) so do rely on donations to pay for the sleeping bags

Flex Your Head

SWEP.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I brought one of these sleeping bags today. £5 you can't go wrong.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Project Antifreeze on Portland Road (my former employers) are the main suppliers of sleeping bags to rough sleepers in the city. They buy them especially so maybe either make a donation to them for the specific use of sleeping bags or give them sleeping bags which they can use when theirs run out. Bearing in mind they have limited space and have recently purchased several hundred sleeping bags so would be worth phoning ahead

A great cause. I'm a Trustee at Off The Fence - support is always appreciated but at this time of the year even more so.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They're being kicked out for a Morrissey concert.

Quite right, they've already suffered enough.

Seriously though, there's no need for them to be kicked out at all. The Brighton Centre can be configured several ways, including several annexes away from the main hall. Have seen various minor bands in smaller halls inside the Brighton Centre before now.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Quite right, they've already suffered enough.

Seriously though, there's no need for them to be kicked out at all. The Brighton Centre can be configured several ways, including several annexes away from the main hall. Have seen various minor bands in smaller halls inside the Brighton Centre before now.

He's talking rubbish. They are being put up in the rooms on the syndicate wings on Russell Road. A completely separate area from the main Auditorium. The shelter has been open every night since December regardless of what else is going on . Nobody kicks anyone out.

It’s payday and I was filling up my car with petrol, must have taken about 2 mins and I was freezing my nuts off !! A social conscience came over me, so knowing Halfords are currently selling sleeping bags for £5 each, I bought 4. Can’t find on line where I can drop them off. It’s my bit of do gooding just in case there is a heaven I can point to this small act of charity and get eternal life, job done.

Serious question.

Well done Hopkins, great gesture and has reminded me I need to do the same. I don't do enough for local charities and feel I should do more. I recently watched the BBC 3 documentaries on the homeless and it was a very hard watch which made me realise just how lucky I was. It's also inspired me to pay the homeless more attention too and listen to them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was very nice to walk down a wickedly cold London Road today and not see a single person sitting outside anywhere. Not outside Lloyds or NatWest, not outside the Co-op or Aldi. And I mean that in the nicest possible way. Means they're inside somewhere, staying warm.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]968948878098788352[/tweet]

Always found it odd that people 'do nice things' and feel the need to tell everyone. But different people etc..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here