Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Brighton set for €10m Camarasa"

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hmmm... I wouldn't want to lose Gross from where he currently plays, and 3 CM's is not enough... we're in the Prem now, not league 2...

Locadia will be the new no 10 though ?...... behind Ulloa surely... unless I am reading it all wrong..

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
According to another poster on the 'No signings today' thread, this deal might have hit the buffers! :-(

Definitely looks to be a gone deal I think as Betis haven't been able to get the ones in they wanted. Doesn't mean there aren't other possibilities regardless of CH saying "no more"

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Locadia will be the new no 10 though ?...... behind Ulloa surely... unless I am reading it all wrong..

You may well be correct... just giving my personal view we need another CM (not Gross)...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely looks to be a gone deal I think as Betis haven't been able to get the ones in they wanted. Doesn't mean there aren't other possibilities regardless of CH saying "no more"

Where did CH say 'no more'?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Where did CH say 'no more'?
Naylor tweet of CH quote from press conference.

Not quite clearcut, though.

"CH : At the moment I'm not anticipating anything else happening - but you never know".

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

"CH : At the moment I'm not anticipating anything else happening - but you never know".

Also Naylor said we are expecting to complete deal for Justin James and loan back. AND we are still after a CB with view to loan CG out. SO, at this moment it can conceivably be NOTHING at the minute, but what makes these windows so exciting is that things change by the minute and then no in-comings can rapidly be 2... ALSO forgot to mention Skalak was injured and that could affect things too...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

open-window.png

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Still don't understand prioritizing getting in a CB so we can loan out the rather good Goldson, especially with our lack of CM's...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Still don't understand prioritizing getting in a CB so we can loan out the rather good Goldson, especially with our lack of CM's...

he wants first team football even if drops down.

We cant guarantee that , unless this 3 at the back starts working

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Don't, can't or won't understand?

It's not as if you haven't had it explained enough times.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Nor do I.

Goldson's a class act.

Unless it's all about squad numbers ans CH is able to bring in a proven PL centre back who's better than all of ours?

I think the view is that we want Goldson to get games so that he keeps on improving and unless Dunk or Duffy get injured he isn't going to get many more with this season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
he wants first team football even if drops down.

We cant guarantee that , unless this 3 at the back starts working

Yes, well, we pay his wages, so he should do what we want / need...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't, can't or won't understand?

It's not as if you haven't had it explained enough times.

You're right... it's won't! ;-)

I think I've explained my reasoning as well TBH...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think the view is that we want Goldson to get games so that he keeps on improving and unless Dunk or Duffy get injured he isn't going to get many more with this season.

Did you see Duffy's last 'performance'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here