Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Don't know if it's on this thread, but the Hudds Chairman Dean Hoyle appears to have a serious illness (possibly). DATM forum has stopped posters from creating threads about him, but Twitter, as you'd expect, has speculative tweets. He is like Tony Bloom is to the Albion, and if this is the case, it would likely be a disaster for the football club. If it is true, I wish him well and hope that he can somehow recover.

Pretty tragic if true. He's done similar there to what TB has done here. If you take Wagner out the equation then they're a club I've always wanted to do well and enjoyed their story.

Has been difficult to wish them too much luck when we both have the same objective, to survive, and therefore in direct competition with each other.

It does look like they might be doomed, which is a shame as there are so many other clubs who I would prefer to go down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't mind Huddlesfield, much rather they stay up at the expense of Stains, Newcastle and Wolves. Udders fans seem level headed unlike fans of Massive, champions of Europe and the Parmo munchers.
Agreed. I can't imagine many here have anything against them. I think it's more a thread about the fact that they looked doomed, rather than what we want. And also a little joke against those who wanted Chris to b=have us playing more like Wagner.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
West Ham, Palace and Bmuff would be my ideal (and not unrealistic ... they’ve all been Championship this century) 3 for the drop.

Palace and the Olympic Stadium squatters, certainly - don't mind Bmuff though (smug Eddie on the other hand ......! :lol:)

My real ideal would be to see Arsenal having to do something they've never had to do, actually earning their place in the top flight by winning promotion. Realise I might have a bit of a wait, though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gross is different, and was better IMO.

But he too hasn’t shone this season, yet, since his comeback from injury.

What's the difference between a top form Groß and Mooy?
Maybe I'm wrong about Mooy as I assume he's an attacking, ball playing, forward thinking midfielder.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Well, looks like that’s one relegation slot filled

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What's the difference between a top form Groß and Mooy?
Maybe I'm wrong about Mooy as I assume he's an attacking, ball playing, forward thinking midfielder.

Perhaps I’m wrong but I think of Gross as a no10 with the subtle play for that, and Mooy (thinks of himself as an all action AM general).

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The saddest thing for me is that HTFCworld seems to have stopped. :(

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Couple of things on Huddersfield, but first don't miss the Fulham penalty-taker fight on MOTD (or earlier on Sky) tonight. Absolutely hilarious, you won't have seen a more petulant act in your local primary school playground.

On Huddersfield, let's just reflect how bad they are currently results-wise. Equalled two very unwanted records today. Seven (SEVEN) Premier League defeats in a single month. And club record seven successive defeats (last 'achieved' 1955). Neither of their main strikers has scored in the PL this season.

That said, they were the better team in the first half against Fulham today and the midfield wasn't that bad. Hogg was okay today, Mooy is obviously good if out for a while. But I wouldn't take a single one of their players bar possibly Mooy, he can do for someone what Shaqiri has done for Liverpool, put in with better players.

Personally I think Cardiff are player for player the worst team in the league by a country mile (Huddersfield second), so the fact that the Welsh lot are not bottom by a distance reflects very well on their players' unity and effort, and (sadly) the manager. I still can't believe we lost there.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Couple of things on Huddersfield, but first don't miss the Fulham penalty-taker fight on MOTD (or earlier on Sky) tonight. Absolutely hilarious, you won't have seen a more petulant act in your local primary school playground.

On Huddersfield, let's just reflect how bad they are currently results-wise. Equalled two very unwanted records today. Seven (SEVEN) Premier League defeats in a single month. And club record seven successive defeats (last 'achieved' 1955). Neither of their main strikers has scored in the PL this season.

That said, they were the better team in the first half against Fulham today and the midfield wasn't that bad. Hogg was okay today, Mooy is obviously good if out for a while. But I wouldn't take a single one of their players bar possibly Mooy, he can do for someone what Shaqiri has done for Liverpool, put in with better players.

Personally I think Cardiff are player for player the worst team in the league by a country mile (Huddersfield second), so the fact that the Welsh lot are not bottom by a distance reflects very well on their players' unity and effort, and (sadly) the manager. I still can't believe we lost there.

7 defeats in a month! Christ. They're gone

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They have a slim survival lifeline if they win the next 2 - vs Burnley and Cardiff.

Even if they do, they'll still need a decent transfer window.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
None of there strikers have scored this season. That's simply isn't good enough.

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Better than the penalty argument was the Hudds players airkick just outside the Fulham penalty area that led to the last seconds winner. absolutely hilarious. Well worh watching over and over again

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The saddest thing for me is that HTFCworld seems to have stopped. :(

That's what happens when there's a complete change in fanbase. The happy clapper drummer choreographers have temporarily taken over. They'll be gone soon though and the normal smattering of fans can return

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That's what happens when there's a complete change in fanbase. The happy clapper drummer choreographers have temporarily taken over. They'll be gone soon though and the normal smattering of fans can return

Town have always had a decent fan base and when the ground was built, which really was the first template for our place and a lot of the new stadiums, ( Martin perry was the man driving the stadium) it attracted a lot of new fans, especially young ones. Those are the ones who have stuck by the club and yes, promotion and playing the best sides in the league does attract the floating fan. To be fair, town's recent history mirrors ours and we all know " new fans" in our stadium who would disappear if we went into a decline.

We are very much on the up and certainly Wagner's choices of players have not come off. I think town's fans thought his friendship with Klopp would lead to a lot better players coming in and probably loaners from Liverpool. I am most surprised about van la parra who always struck me a s decent player. Looks like he is off in January.

Town remind me of the derby season where they struggled to get a single point and when the rot set in, which from derby was practically the first game, they couldn't get out of it.

It will be a shame to see them go, but no one has the right to stay in the prem and there are some decent sides looking to get into the prem, Leeds, derby, Norwich etc. Should make for an interesting next season assuming we carry on as we are.

There are also reasons why the chairman is not around at the moment and also why Tim has not been doing much on HTFC World too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here