Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Christmas telly FFS!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Talking of annual events, the BBC is finally showing 'Dinner For One' this year. It's as regular a feature on Christmas TV in Germany, Austria, Switzerland etc as 'The Sound of Music' and 'The Great Escape' are here.

My gripe is that Charlie Brown's Christmas which has been shown every December in the states since 1965 is never on in the UK either via Netflix, Sky, BBC, C4 etc.

This is the Freddie Frinton performance. I'm sure I remember seeing him in the late 60s early 70s at the end of the pier (summer) show in Worthing. I think he had star billing, but to be honest that didn't really added up to much.

Late father in law used to love this - I recall it is being vaguely amusing in a 1950's sort of way.

...And anyone who can mention Mrs. Brown's boys as being comparable to "Father Ted" deserves a torrent of Father Jack's "Feck, Arse, Girls Drink, Gobshite"!

D

Deleted member 22389

Mrs.Browns Boys - 2 episodes...why?? Have we not suffered enough already!! Does anybody actually like this program,please enlighten me if you do...2..2..episodes FFS...!

Bloody rubbish. Watched about 10 mins of this and turned over.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dunno if she's still in that Call The Midwife thing, but THAT'S on. So your wish may well be granted :lol:
No, she left a couple of years ago along with her fictitious policeman husband.
Call the Midwife Christmas Special is one of my favourites although I wouldn't miss anything else to watch it. That's what IPlayer is for.
I like the Strictly Special too.

I assume that "Its a Wonderful Life", "The Snowman" and "The Great Escape" will be on somewhere. That'll do for me.

Yes, some of my favourites too. Its traditional.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I yearn for the old 3 channel Christmas TV schedules. My Dad wasn't that taken with Morecambe and Wise but the rest of us loved them. We used to have TV with comedy shows , intelligent documentaries and informative evening programmes. Now the comedy is limited to that God awful f**kwit Michael McIntyre, Strictly this, Get me out of that,dancing on sh!te blah de blah de blah!
When Attenborough finally leaves us even the natural history selection will , no doubt, disappear..............

We need a refocus and maybe an attempt by TV authorities to even part educate the thick masses that are the British people and deliver more than Soap,Reality and such pish!

Rant over....Coronation Street is on in 22 minutes (my @rse!)

TNBA

TTF

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mrs Brown's Boys is the tv equivalent for nsc of Coldplay

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I yearn for the old 3 channel Christmas TV schedules. My Dad wasn't that taken with Morecambe and Wise but the rest of us loved them. We used to have TV with comedy shows , intelligent documentaries and informative evening programmes. Now the comedy is limited to that God awful f**kwit Michael McIntyre, Strictly this, Get me out of that,dancing on sh!te blah de blah de blah!
When Attenborough finally leaves us even the natural history selection will , no doubt, disappear..............

We need a refocus and maybe an attempt by TV authorities to even part educate the thick masses that are the British people and deliver more than Soap,Reality and such pish!

Rant over....Coronation Street is on in 22 minutes (my @rse!)

TNBA

TTF

Ha! Have you seen the schedules from 1974 or 77 or 80 ? Some right old guff .

Try this - https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/schedules/bbcone/london/1977-12-22 etc

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I haven't watched 'telly' in about ten years now. Hasn't really impacted my life tbh.

Edit: except Eurovision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here