Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bet 365

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Easiest way to lock in profit is to lay off your pre-match bet for a small loss and then take a longish odds in-play bet (do it half-time to avoid the chances of things going against you), and then under-lay that for a guaranteed profit.

You'd make c£35.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Easiest way to lock in profit is to lay off your pre-match bet for a small loss and then take a longish odds in-play bet (do it half-time to avoid the chances of things going against you), and then under-lay that for a guaranteed profit.

You'd make c£35.

I almost understood that until the underlay bit. Anyone fancy giving me a breakdown imaginary successful bet?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I almost understood that until the underlay bit. Anyone fancy giving me a breakdown imaginary successful bet?

Yes, first lay off your pre-match bet at an exchange. Actually, I'd advise you Dutch it with another bookie. BoyleSports offer to double your winnings if the crossbar is hit, so you go <2.5 goals at Bet365 and >2.5 at Boyle. Let's say the odds of both were just under evens (like 10/11 or something), you'd make a small loss on that, but if the crossbar is hit and 3 or more goals are scored, you're actually quids in at Boyles.

Meanwhile you now have your risk free bet at Bet365. Bet the £50, but bet the opposite elsewhere to the tune of less than £50. Ideally with an exchange account, but again you can Dutch this bet with another bookie. If Bet365 loses, you win the winnings on the other bookie. If the Bet365 bet wins, you win more than you lose.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you (or anyone) has some time today I'd appreciate it.

Sorry.

So you want to find a pre-game bet with the closest match in odds between Bet365 and an exchange, such as Betfair.

For example, Bayern are 1.44 to win at 365 which you can lay at 1.49 on Betfair, so:

1. Back Bayern £50 @ 1.44.
2. Lay Bayern £50 @ 1.49.

This would equate to a £2.50 loss whatever happens.

Then, at half-time you would want to find another reasonable match in odds, but longer. I'll use current odds as an example, but I'll be online tonight so can highlight a few bets then. So:

1. Back over 4.5 goals £50 @ 4.5
2. Lay over 4.5 goals £33.33 @ 5.3

If the back bet wins, you would win £175 at Bet365 and lose £143.33 at Betfair for a profit of £31.67.
If the back bet loses, you would win £31.67 at Betfair (being £33.33 less 5% commission) and Bet365 would give you your £50 back.

End result: £31.67 (from in-play bet) less £2.50 (loss on pre-match bet) = £29.17 profit. I would expect to be able to turn a bigger profit from this with a better in-play bet, but hopefully this works as an illustration.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, first lay off your pre-match bet at an exchange. Actually, I'd advise you Dutch it with another bookie. BoyleSports offer to double your winnings if the crossbar is hit, so you go <2.5 goals at Bet365 and >2.5 at Boyle. Let's say the odds of both were just under evens (like 10/11 or something), you'd make a small loss on that, but if the crossbar is hit and 3 or more goals are scored, you're actually quids in at Boyles.

Meanwhile you now have your risk free bet at Bet365. Bet the £50, but bet the opposite elsewhere to the tune of less than £50. Ideally with an exchange account, but again you can Dutch this bet with another bookie. If Bet365 loses, you win the winnings on the other bookie. If the Bet365 bet wins, you win more than you lose.

Dutching is another tactic and as [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] says, you can try and incorporate other offers to increase value. You may include the William Hill "Four Means More" offer (if your bet wins and there are 4 or more goals scored then they'll give you a free bet of 25% of your winnings), so:

Bet365: Bayern £50 @ 1.44
Boyle: Draw £16 @ 4.6
WH: Arsenal £10 @ 7.5

Your outcomes there are -£4, -£2.40 and -£1.00 respectively, but Boyle give you the possibility of the cross bar promotion (ball has to hit the crossbar and rebound into play) and WH will give you a £16.25 free bet if Arsenal win, which you could convert into about £12 cash.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just to add that if you are looking to lock in a guaranteed profit, I'd advise placing your in-play bet at half time. That way there is no risk of the odds changing drastically just as you're making your two bets!

If you are going to make your in-play bets at any other time, do it sensibly. So if you're Dutching <2.5 goals with >2.5 goals, place your >2.5 goals bet FIRST. That way, if a goal goes in just as you're in between placing the bets, the odds on <2.5 goals will rise enormously.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just to add that if you are looking to lock in a guaranteed profit, I'd advise placing your in-play bet at half time. That way there is no risk of the odds changing drastically just as you're making your two bets!

Yes, we've done that bit!

Sorry.

So you want to find a pre-game bet with the closest match in odds between Bet365 and an exchange, such as Betfair.

For example, Bayern are 1.44 to win at 365 which you can lay at 1.49 on Betfair, so:

1. Back Bayern £50 @ 1.44.
2. Lay Bayern £50 @ 1.49.

This would equate to a £2.50 loss whatever happens.

Then, at half-time you would want to find...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks Simster and Bozza. It was the introduction of another bookie I'd missed.
Got it, thanks.

Good of Bozza to explain that to you but dull. My advice is to jizz away the £50 in play free bet on something over 4/1 or higher, unless you really need £30.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Is this market always available inplay? I remember being unable to find it for the last bet365 offer.

yes always available.

I am prob going to do the plus 0.5 goals and then in play bet a score (2-1 Bayern 7-1) or free kick first method.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fancy a bit of first goal method action here. Probably header.

I was thinking along the same lines actually as I can see the first goal being from a corner.

Although Arsenal are 6/5 to get over 3.5 corners - which seems good odds.

The bookies really don't fancy Arsenal in this at all

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Does the offer just appear in your offers once we're in-play (if I've bet pre-match). As I can't see it yet.

You pay and place the £50 pre play bet. You then pay for the £50 in play bet. If in play bet loses you're money is returned after the game.Does that help?

Bayern Munich v Arsenal In-Play Bet Offer

Bayern Munich take on Arsenal in the Champions League on Wednesday 15th February – and we’ve got a fantastic In-Play bet offer to add to the excitement.
Place a pre-match bet on the Bayern Munich v Arsenal game and we’ll give you a risk free In-Play bet to the same stake on the big match.
To qualify for your risk free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off then, once the game starts, place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max refund £50*).
Where more than one In-Play selection is placed on the same bet slip, the risk free bet will be deemed to be the one which is first on the bet slip. All bets must be paid for and placed in the usual way and any bets that are fully or partly Cashed Out, or edited using

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Don't want to put you off as it will probably come up if I do, but Kevin Pullein in the Racing Post has often pointed out that the chance of a goal being scored direct from any particular corner (ie. on first/second touch) is about 35-1. Punters often tend to think it's a lot shorter than that.

I was thinking along the same lines actually as I can see the first goal being from a corner.

Although Arsenal are 6/5 to get over 3.5 corners - which seems good odds.

The bookies really don't fancy Arsenal in this at all

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here