Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M23 is BANJO'D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are plenty of back routes though - particularly if your destination is further afield.

That was exactly my thought when I heard people.were turning back

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was exactly my thought when I heard people.were turning back

Plenty of back routes and minor roads, but everything going north would've been absolutely RAMMED.

Its unfortunate, but I think they were right to turn back rather than try some other convoluted route that everyone else would've been directed onto, in a race against the clock. Especially as its on the tellybox anyway.

If I was on one of those coaches and it was put to a vote, then I'd be asking to be dropped off at a pub somewhere in BN1 PRONTO.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As already stated why it wasn't possible to divert onto the A24 via Bolney & Cowfold & then go to the M25 via Dorking/Leatherhead?

Probably would add 20 or 30 minutes to the journey but certainly a regular route I take up to the M25. ???

Good God wash your mouth out man! I don't want our lovely little village rammed with traffic!

Cowfold Seagull, proud to be a nimby.:hilton:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I set off to Gatwick and hit the back of the queue on the M23 at 1:15. Finally got off three hours later.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Plenty of back routes and minor roads, but everything going north would've been absolutely RAMMED.

Its unfortunate, but I think they were right to turn back rather than try some other convoluted route that everyone else would've been directed onto, in a race against the clock. Especially as its on the tellybox anyway.

If I was on one of those coaches and it was put to a vote, then I'd be asking to be dropped off at a pub somewhere in BN1 PRONTO.

This, sadly. Last season I was driving some U18s to a match at Hampton and Richmond for a 7.45pm ko. We left Mid Sussex at 5, worst case hoping to arrive 6.30ish. The M23 was closed, we exited (eventually) at Gatwick and headed for Dorking, got to the game at 8pm.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I got to Junction 10 in 1.5 hours this morning by going A272, A24, A281,A3.

It's not a bad route if the A23 and A24 are buggered. How are coach drivers in this day and age not using a traffic app like Waze?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
At least this thread has SNIFFLED out you Love bussers.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
That's single lane isn't it ? Routing a motorway down there must cause massive tailbacks ?

Much of the A24 is dual, there is a fairly crap bit between Horsham & Capel that is still single carriageway. It should be dualled all the way up to the M25 but hey ho.

Going through Dorking and Leatherhead is a pain in the arse as well. Joys of living in the South East of England eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here