Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The problem with this thread is that we are irrevocably leaving the EU and some of you just dont get it, each step isnt to remain but to leave and therefore each step will never find favour with any avid Remainers political position, your 'bumbling' might be a Brexiteers 'standing firm', your hapless might be my 'determined' and so on, its nearly become a pointless exercise, ultimately the process of leaving is owned by us the Brexiteers and it hurts you.

This kind of post shows exactly why Brextiers were wrong. They actively laugh and enjoy the pain of those who disagree with them, rather than look more closely at why people disagree. The really stupid part is that they are likely to be some of those most disadvantaged by Brexit as they are the least prepared for its consequences as they do their see, hear and speak no evil routine over and over again for the umpteenth time.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This kind of post shows exactly why Brextiers were wrong. They actively laugh and enjoy the pain of those who disagree with them, rather than look more closely at why people disagree. The really stupid part is that they are likely to be some of those most disadvantaged by Brexit as they are the least prepared for its consequences as they do their see, hear and speak no evil routine over and over again for the umpteenth time.

You know what woody. I often disagree with your politics (and I rarely venture onto this mess of a thread). But that's basically all that needs saying.

Spot on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wrong on so many counts. Does it never even occur to you, even in the darkest recesses of your brain, that some of the leavers weren't voting in their own self-interest, but for the benefit of their country, and for their childrens' futures? Probably not, because you don't understand the idea that people who don't vote as you would have liked to have told them to vote are just possibly doing it for the right reasons, and may even just possibly be right.
Bounce in ten year's time.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Hit. The. Nail. On. The. Head.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Well thick woody. Brexiteers laugh yes but, at your inability to accept democracy and therefore the law supporting it. People can disagree all they like, The disadvantaged by Brexit are those that assume their OWN future and their income are threatened. Everyone else, the basic voter if you like, says to the EU F**k off. Ever greater superstate, common taxation and membership of the currency compulsory together with potential military subscription. I know I am being plain and very base but, Bollocks to the EU.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The problem with this thread is that we are irrevocably leaving the EU and some of you just dont get it, each step isnt to remain but to leave and therefore each step will never find favour with any avid Remainers political position, your 'bumbling' might be a Brexiteers 'standing firm', your hapless might be my 'determined' and so on, its nearly become a pointless exercise, ultimately the process of leaving is owned by us the Brexiteers and it hurts you.

Each step? We are still trying to get on to the first step. The problem with this thread is that some of you leavers think you own the process, and you don't.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wrong on so many counts. Does it never even occur to you, even in the darkest recesses of your brain, that some of the leavers weren't voting in their own self-interest, but for the benefit of their country, and for their childrens' futures? Probably not, because you don't understand the idea that people who don't vote as you would have liked to have told them to vote are just possibly doing it for the right reasons, and may even just possibly be right.
Bounce in ten year's time.

If you were voting for the country and your chikdrens future you would not have voted to leave.

Global Britain? Trade visit to China postponed. Begging for any deal and afraid of saying the wrong thing so fall short of full criticism of Trump, Spain etc in case it may mean a less favourable trade deal.
Youngsters not happy as opportunities being removed.
In the future we will be like a town out west that vited not to allow the railroad to pass through and have a station built. We will be slowly decaying while the towns that voted to have the railroad prosper.

10 years you say. We may just have returned to where we were pre referendum if we are extremely lucky.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's not the case for everyone but there are a significant group for whom the pain of remainers has become the main focus. This is toxic as it means that anything that might remotely resemble pragmatism is seen as treachery in a tribal situation. Better for us all to drink the Kool Aid than to do anything that might a remainer might support.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well it was bad. Houses repossessed all over the place, no work, the building industry in tatters over night. What I'm saying is all these doom and gloom predictions about leaving the EU, will never be as bad as the 90s.

I agree and The Tories were responsible then as they were in power 1979-1997. Best argument you've made for not voting them yet. Well done.

You actually hope for class war?

Yes and I'm actually looking forward to it very much If I'm being honest. There’s got to be some positives to come out of Brexit. A future war between Angela Rayner and Jacob Rees-Mogg? I know which side I’m on.

he might like to call it that, but end of day he's quite happy to leave single market to further his aims.

We're all quite happy to leave the single market. It's what happens when you have a **** like Theresa May invoke Article 50 without making any preparation or thinking the consequences through properly because ****s like John Redwood think it's a good idea and they're in charge.'Single Market Access' though is a different thing entirely and I suspect Labour’s transitional deal length will differ somewhat from The Conservative and Unionist public school boy’s one.

Shirley any true 'class warrior' would have voted for Brexit to give the establishment/ rich elites a kicking and hope to cause all this division rather than meekly do as they are told sticking with the status quo. ???

Why would I want to vote for ****ing up this moribund country even more and squeezing ordinary British peoples living standards further and continuing Conservative and Unionist and Liberal Democrat inspired austerity just because I believe in a Brexit at any cost like you and John Redwood? I understand why other people did as a protest, but they were also ultimately conned by oddball, public school arrogant cranks from the Conservative and Unionist Party, with a vested interest and financial immunity from all the consequences through their inherited wealth built on other peoples misery, telling them lies and were sold a pup. It's all totally irrelevant now though and I’m almost coming round to thinking it was a good idea, if for no other reason than the fact it's all hilarious if it wasn't so real. 23rd June 2016 is political ground zero. The future of this country now is Corbyn, not Conservative. Centrism is dead. Thatcherism is dead. Neo-liberalism is dead and you helped kill it all because you voted to do so. You perhaps should have thought of all this when you voted leave last year. That nice Mr Cameron, with his nice one nation Conservative and Unionist majority with nice people in the government like the nice Mr Osborne - the first Conservative and Unionist Government to win a majority in an election after 23 years don't forget - asked you so nicely along with that Nick ‘Just because I went to public school and brought you austerity I’m not really a Tory, honest’ Clegg bloke - and other people - to vote remain, because we were all in it together and were getting the deficit down and all that jazz, but no, you wanted to go and **** up the Conservative and Unionist party and start a revolution inadvertently, so fine. It doesn't surprise me though, public school Conservative and Unionists are so arrogant - they always know best and it pollutes and clouds other peoples thinking and judgement. In a few years time when it comes to Brexit and the future you’ll be like Claud Rains playing Mr Dryden in Lawrence of Arabia and his famous last line from the film – ‘Me, Your Highness? Well, on the whole I wish I’d stayed in Tunbridge Wells.’

Incidentally I discovered last night that a friend of mine, who voted leave and is a Conservative voter like yourself and who, in a blind panic, joined the Conservative and Unionist Party after that nice Mr Cameron resigned last year for the purposes of voting in a leadership election he wasn't eligible for, has actually retained his membership. He's sort of one of the reasons Conservative and Unionist party membership is plummeting now, because there was a surge in membership after the Brexit vote which is now subsiding as people realise they're a sinking ship and a bunch of ****s. Plus, who actually wants the stigma of being a Tory? My mate has to wake up every morning and realise he's married to a policeman's daughter and lives in Bexhill, so he knows all about stigma. Anyway, his view on Brexit and The Tories current state of play differs from yours - he thinks they are total and utter ****s and this is not what he hoped for or expected out of Brexit. (wanted and expected the Norway option, but never mind) He's certainly no fan of Corbyn and The Labour Party either, but being a pragmatist he knows this country is up **** creek without a paddle and isn't too happy about it. (His mother is incidentally my retired senior Home Office civil servant SAUCE too.)

Anyway, he is though now an official 5th columnist and will vote in any forthcoming leadership election. We've talked and agreed, and it will cost me a couple of pints out of gratitude for him doing the right thing, but he will vote for the biggest public school numpty put forward by the parliamentary party if it comes to it, to do his bit to **** them up, good and proper. Like me, he thinks that Rees-Mogg will put himself forward (Friends told me to, I didn't want to and I know I can't possibly win, but it'll be such jolly good fun and sometimes one should do what one thinks is right, what, what, what/I went to Eton so I'm an arrogant public school **** and I know best etc) and will make the top two. If 60+ Conservative and Unionist MP’s can vote for Andrea Leadsom, it really does tell you about the institutional stupidity that infests that hideous, rotten political rabble of a party. Various connotations in regards to the result exist obviously, but we reckoned Amber the dog spanker v Rees-Mogg is the most likely to be presented to the blue rinse set. If not, he'll just vote for the other biggest public school idiot/Andrea Leadsom type candidate such as Boris, if in the unlikely event he were to make it, or whoever, but we think Rees-Mogg may well do it and by voting for him it will contribute to ******* up The Tories big time. It'll probably only be academic too, because neither of us could see Amber appealing to the blue rinse set if it comes to it - the things I've heard emanating from the Hastings and Rye Conservative and Unionist Association in regards to what some of them think about her back this up. Still, after what she did to me in Sainsbury's a few years back, you certainly can't be too careful when it comes to Amber Rudd................

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
'Still, after what she did to me in Sainsbury's', you cannot leave it there, unless you want to be called a liar?

D

Deleted member 22389

Keep hearing that Leavers have ruined the future of young people in the country.
Well we are still in the EU, so who currently gets the better deal, a young person from this country or a young person from Eastern Europe where the bulk of people have come from?

And if you where to advise a young person now, which country in the EU would offer them the best opportunities?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
'Still, after what she did to me in Sainsbury's', you cannot leave it there, unless you want to be called a liar?

She was holding a open constituency surgery in the entrance/foyer one Saturday morning when she used to go through the motions of pretending to be a caring, sharing, concerned constituency MP. (In the absence of a Waitrose in Hastings and with Tesco & Asda being in Hollington and M&S and Morrison's being too close to the town centre, plus the fact most customers drive to Sainsbury's, including many who don't live in her constituency, I knew exactly what she was doing.)

Anyway I walked in. It was a Saturday morning as I say and I was feeling a little shady from the night before and as I did I removed my sunglasses I was wearing and placed them on top of my head. There's Amber Rudd though. She's stood there chatting to some old dear, who was probably moaning about having to go all the way to Bexhill for a blue rinse or something and as I walked in, they parted company and Ms Rudd was then stood then there, all on her own, right in front of me. Sunglasses still on top of my head, I looked at her, she looked at me and direct eye contact was then made. I should have just looked down at my feet but I took my glasses off exactly at that moment, so my head was up so there wasn't much I could do.

Now I know when I'm being eyed up and when I'm not, but this was far, far worse - she went and actually undressed me with her eyes. The current Home Secretary. He eyes lit up and she smiled at me and looked me up and down, then smiled again. From the sunglasses on my head, to the Adidas on my feet, she took it all in with a naughty, little smile on her face. (Funny how it's always the ones who went to all-girls schools are always the most incorrigible like that.) I felt violated, ashamed and cheap though........................

Fortunately upon going through the checkout after shopping under duress, I managed to compose myself and availed the use of the other exit by the toilets so not to have to go through the same traumatic experience upon leaving. I'm sorry to say this wan't the first time Amber Rudd did this to me either, but it was certainly the worst. As the mindless vandalism in the form of graffiti and stickers posted on lampposts say - Amber Rudd - Shame on you!

Now that she's Home Secretary though and an absent landlord to Hastings at best and is positioning herself for a party leadership run, including an apparent verbal agreement with Sir Nicholas Soames to replace him in Mid-Sussex where they do have a Waitrose, supermarket shopping in Hastings is far safer these days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And if you where to advise a young person now, which country in the EU would offer them the best opportunities?

It obviously depends what they want.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Keep hearing that Leavers have ruined the future of young people in the country.
Well we are still in the EU, so who currently gets the better deal, a young person from this country or a young person from Eastern Europe where the bulk of people have come from?

Germany

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
She was holding a open constituency surgery in the entrance/foyer one Saturday morning when she used to go through the motions of pretending to be a caring, sharing, concerned constituency MP. (In the absence of a Waitrose in Hastings and with Tesco & Asda being in Hollington and M&S and Morrison's being too close to the town centre, plus the fact most customers drive to Sainsbury's, including many who don't live in her constituency, I knew exactly what she was doing.)

Anyway I walked in. It was a Saturday morning as I say and I was feeling a little shady from the night before and as I did I removed my sunglasses I was wearing and placed them on top of my head. There's Amber Rudd though. She's stood there chatting to some old dear, who was probably moaning about having to go all the way to Bexhill for a blue rinse or something and as I walked in, they parted company and Ms Rudd was then stood then there, all on her own, right in front of me. Sunglasses still on top of my head, I looked at her, she looked at me and direct eye contact was then made. I should have just looked down at my feet but I took my glasses off exactly at that moment, so my head was up so there wasn't much I could do.

Now I know when I'm being eyed up and when I'm not, but this was far, far worse - she went and actually undressed me with her eyes. The current Home Secretary. He eyes lit up and she smiled at me and looked me up and down, then smiled again. From the sunglasses on my head, to the Adidas on my feet, she took it all in with a naughty, little smile on her face. (Funny how it's always the ones who went to all-girls schools are always the most incorrigible like that.) I felt violated, ashamed and cheap though........................

Fortunately upon going through the checkout after shopping under duress, I managed to compose myself and availed the use of the other exit by the toilets so not to have to go through the same traumatic experience upon leaving. I'm sorry to say this wan't the first time Amber Rudd did this to me either, but it was certainly the worst. As the mindless vandalism in the form of graffiti and stickers posted on lampposts say - Amber Rudd - Shame on you!

Now that she's Home Secretary though and an absent landlord to Hastings at best and is positioning herself for a party leadership run, including an apparent verbal agreement with Sir Nicholas Soames to replace him in Mid-Sussex where they do have a Waitrose, supermarket shopping in Hastings is far safer these days.

:yawn:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

are you confessing to your suppressed fantasies for Amber Rudd? you do seem very obsessed with her, time to come out of denial about it?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

You are just reverting to the typical avid Remainers position that Brexiteers couldnt possibly understand why we were wrong to vote Leave and only if we listened to the Remain more considerately then we might accept how stupid we were and understand our mistake, of course you will get a few pats on the back from the usual suspects, those posters that relentlessly ridicule anything Brexit, most aspects of Brexit have been done to death even prior to the referendum and you guys continue to bang on about the virtues of an EU we voted to leave.

So it is wholly logical that there will be little to cheer for you in terms of these negotiations, your mates will sneer and abuse but we are out, gone, get over it.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You are just reverting to the typical avid Remainers position that Brexiteers couldnt possibly understand why we were wrong to vote Leave and only if we listened to the Remain more considerately then we might accept how stupid we were and understand our mistake, of course you will get a few pats on the back from the usual suspects, those posters that relentlessly ridicule anything Brexit, most aspects of Brexit have been done to death even prior to the referendum and you guys continue to bang on about the virtues of an EU we voted to leave.

So it is wholly logical that there will be little to cheer for you in terms of these negotiations, your mates will sneer and abuse but we are out, gone, get over it.

You really are one of the most naive people to post on political discussions, makes Boris Johnston look normal :lol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Scrapes bile and spittle off screen and wades in....

Why would I want to vote for ****ing up this moribund country even more and squeezing ordinary British peoples living standards further and continuing Conservative and Unionist and Liberal Democrat inspired austerity just because I believe in a Brexit at any cost like you and John Redwood?

You did vote with the people who were squeezing ordinary British peoples living standards and were intent on continuing Conservative and Unionist and Liberal Democrat inspired austerity you silly sausage. Dave and Gideon just wish there were more class warriors like you then they could have carried on with all their city and 'public school' chums!

I understand why other people did as a protest, but they were also ultimately conned by oddball, public school arrogant cranks from the Conservative and Unionist Party, with a vested interest and financial immunity from all the consequences through their inherited wealth built on other peoples misery, telling them lies and were sold a pup.

Ah that tin foil hat is back .. don't forget according to your SAUCE the BBC were in on it too. A pup that has resulted in the high priests of austerity getting the heave ho and the rise of JC to save them all? That would be Class warriors voting to give the rich elites a kick/stir things up 1 pretendy class warriors voting with the Tory establishment 0.

It's all totally irrelevant now though and I’m almost coming round to thinking it was a good idea, if for no other reason than the fact it's all hilarious if it wasn't so real. 23rd June 2016 is political ground zero. The future of this country now is Corbyn, not Conservative.

If it's irrelevant why keep bringing it up? You voted for a party that said we were leaving the Single market and Customs union so yes on some level you must think it's not going to be that bad. One minute it's a disaster for the poor who were duped by a sinister public school cabal the next it's hilarious and you vote for a lifelong Eurosceptic promising to take us out.

Centrism is dead. Thatcherism is dead. Neo-liberalism is dead and you helped kill it all because you voted to do so. You perhaps should have thought of all this when you voted leave last year. That nice Mr Cameron, with his nice one nation Conservative and Unionist majority with nice people in the government like the nice Mr Osborne - the first Conservative and Unionist Government to win a majority in an election after 23 years don't forget - asked you so nicely along with that Nick ‘Just because I went to public school and brought you austerity I’m not really a Tory, honest’ Clegg bloke - and other people - to vote remain, because we were all in it together and were getting the deficit down and all that jazz, but no, you wanted to go and **** up the Conservative and Unionist party and start a revolution inadvertently, so fine. It doesn't surprise me though, public school Conservative and Unionists are so arrogant - they always know best and it pollutes and clouds other peoples thinking and judgement. In a few years time when it comes to Brexit and the future you’ll be like Claud Rains playing Mr Dryden in Lawrence of Arabia and his famous last line from the film – ‘Me, Your Highness? Well, on the whole I wish I’d stayed in Tunbridge Wells.’

Your into full rant mode here, there must be a sack of potatoes on that shoulder! The pronouncements on the death of centrism/thatcherism/neo liberalism reminds me of Brown's abolishing boom and bust claim. People get bored and disillusioned with centrism when it fails to address their concerns. Listening to the siren voices offering easy solutions on the far left /right has temporary appeal the Corbyn Socialist experiment will end in tears (see history). If he gets in that is, which is far from certain. Yep that nice Mr Cameron and Mr Osborne wish there were more voters like you. I voted to leave the EU the choices the British people make after that are down to them. I wonder who you will blame if JC does get in and delivers what socialists usually do. Capitalist plot by 'public school' types thwarting his best intentions must be odds on favourite

Wipes the screen once more …. then wishes he hadn't

Incidentally I discovered last night that a friend of mine, who voted leave and is a Conservative voter like yourself and who, in a blind panic, joined the Conservative and Unionist Party after that nice Mr Cameron resigned last year for the purposes of voting in a leadership election he wasn't eligible for, has actually retained his membership. He's sort of one of the reasons Conservative and Unionist party membership is plummeting now, because there was a surge in membership after the Brexit vote which is now subsiding as people realise they're a sinking ship and a bunch of ****s. Plus, who actually wants the stigma of being a Tory? My mate has to wake up every morning and realise he's married to a policeman's daughter and lives in Bexhill, so he knows all about stigma. Anyway, his view on Brexit and The Tories current state of play differs from yours - he thinks they are total and utter ****s and this is not what he hoped for or expected out of Brexit. (wanted and expected the Norway option, but never mind) He's certainly no fan of Corbyn and The Labour Party either, but being a pragmatist he knows this country is up **** creek without a paddle and isn't too happy about it. (His mother is incidentally my retired senior Home Office civil servant SAUCE too.)

Anyway, he is though now an official 5th columnist and will vote in any forthcoming leadership election. We've talked and agreed, and it will cost me a couple of pints out of gratitude for him doing the right thing, but he will vote for the biggest public school numpty put forward by the parliamentary party if it comes to it, to do his bit to **** them up, good and proper. Like me, he thinks that Rees-Mogg will put himself forward (Friends told me to, I didn't want to and I know I can't possibly win, but it'll be such jolly good fun and sometimes one should do what one thinks is right, what, what, what/I went to Eton so I'm an arrogant public school **** and I know best etc) and will make the top two. If 60+ Conservative and Unionist MP’s can vote for Andrea Leadsom, it really does tell you about the institutional stupidity that infests that hideous, rotten political rabble of a party. Various connotations in regards to the result exist obviously, but we reckoned Amber the dog spanker v Rees-Mogg is the most likely to be presented to the blue rinse set. If not, he'll just vote for the other biggest public school idiot/Andrea Leadsom type candidate such as Boris, if in the unlikely event he were to make it, or whoever, but we think Rees-Mogg may well do it and by voting for him it will contribute to ******* up The Tories big time. It'll probably only be academic too, because neither of us could see Amber appealing to the blue rinse set if it comes to it - the things I've heard emanating from the Hastings and Rye Conservative and Unionist Association in regards to what some of them think about her back this up. Still, after what she did to me in Sainsbury's a few years back, you certainly can't be too careful when it comes to Amber Rudd................

Blimey it's bad enough we witter away on here it looks like you continue this nonsense in the real world. Is this what happens when class warrior types get consumed by bitterness and hatred? That Amber Rudd has a certain something though, I can see why you are obssesed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here