Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom lumps yet another £8m on his Albion Premier League dream

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But it's not really true is it. The big scores we got against the crapper teams hid the fact we struggled to score against the best teams, which is why we didn't go up. Murray in the Jan window would have got us promoted I reckon. The board appear to be making the same mistake twice.

Please do not talk sense it confuses people.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For once and for all he didn't sign a striker because he didn't have enough money or because it was dependent on something else happening
; because he signed Duffy, because he kept hold of Stephens, or all manner of other speculative reasons
TB/PB didn't sign one because they either couldn't land one because the clubs refused to play ball or because they couldn't find one who was value for money.
I totally agree but, I do have issues with that last bit.

As much as it's correct right and proper, I just don't see how it's possible, and it feels like chasing the impossible dream is holding TB's cheque book back.

'Value for money' & striker just aren't compatible.
The moment anybody scores more than 10 goals they've instantly stuck £10m on their valuation.

When a broken down reserve player can command £5 to £8m, value strikers don't exist the moment they are connected with English football.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
But it's not really true is it. The big scores we got against the crapper teams hid the fact we struggled to score against the best teams, which is why we didn't go up. Murray in the Jan window would have got us promoted I reckon. The board appear to be making the same mistake twice.

we didn't go up because it was er, 2 goals. 2 bloody goals. A million and one tiny things would have made the difference. An extra 2 goals against the "crapper teams" (QPR, Fulham, Bristol, Leeds - all mid table as it turns out) or er, Goldson not sticking his leg out v Ipswich, or Greer not sticking his leg out v Derby, or letting in a stupid goal against Huddersfield last August, Dunk not getting sent off, Stephens not getting sent off... I could easily make a case that it was not strengthening our midfield, or our defence or training harder, or too many yellow cards, or injuries or not having enough left backs or a single refereeing decision.

What exactly is the same mistake the board is making. ? Apart from keeping that team together...

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Yeah, it's so easy to spend £10m-£20m of someone elses money. Last season we were the highest scorers in the league, and still people bleat on about another f***ing striker. Maybe all of these keyboard warriors know the sum of f*** all. If our defence had been better last year, we would have gone up.

I agree with you most part, But how many points did we drop with 0-0 scorelines.!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
we didn't go up because it was er, 2 goals. 2 bloody goals. A million and one tiny things would have made the difference. An extra 2 goals against the "crapper teams" (QPR, Fulham, Bristol, Leeds - all mid table as it turns out) or er, Goldson not sticking his leg out v Ipswich, or Greer not sticking his leg out v Derby, or letting in a stupid goal against Huddersfield last August, Dunk not getting sent off, Stephens not getting sent off... I could easily make a case that it was not strengthening our midfield, or our defence or training harder, or too many yellow cards, or injuries or not having enough left backs or a single refereeing decision.

What exactly is the same mistake the board is making. ? Apart from keeping that team together...

Not signing a striker...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I agree with you most part, But how many points did we drop with 0-0 scorelines.!

5 games with 0-0s ...If we'd scored in any of them ANY OF THEM. if Bruno, Calde, Stephens, Dunk in those matches had scored a single goal we'd have gone up.
Alternatively 7 scoring draws where if we hadn't conceded or conceded one less in *any* of them, we would have gone up. ANY OF THEM
THUS - we should have a better defence. Shouldn't we ? Shouldn't we ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
5 games with 0-0s ...If we'd scored in any of them ANY OF THEM. if Bruno, Calde, Stephens, Dunk in those matches had scored a single goal we'd have gone up.
Alternatively 7 scoring draws where if we hadn't conceded or conceded one less in *any* of them, we would have gone up. ANY OF THEM
THUS - we should have a better defence. Shouldn't we ? Shouldn't we ?

Well obviously. If you are top scorers, but lose out on goal difference, problem is at the other end. [emoji6]

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Its interesting what you have written here, I see our failure on two ocassions in the last five seasons to gain that elusive spot in the prem because the board has got it wrong with the selection and purchase of players be they contracted or loaned. Essentially last season failed to gain promotion because of of a single goal and the fact that we ran out of strikers for the playoffs. Its alright to say that we were highest scorers last season but clearly we didn't score enough, promotion from this league will be gained on the finest of margins and I am sure that CH would have wanted another striker.
TB may have lumped £8m on DS, but as I read it Burnley did a great job in hanging us out to dry to get a midfielder they wanted at the their price, has anyone considered that DS was never the man, where did all the press releases come from, its business.
Lets hope we can settle down to a regular first team and understanding and in response to Bozza, if we don't get promotion this year TB will have stumped more than £200m.
Hey its not my money i'm just a supporter with an opinion.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I wish everyone would just STOP MOANING!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here