Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are Brighton

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Does anyone read thier blogs or follow them on twitter? What do people think of them?

I find thier musings quite knowledgable of Albion history but often borderline offensive and over the top.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Does anyone read thier blogs or follow them on twitter? What do people think of them?

I find thier musings quite knowledgable of Albion history but often borderline offensive and over the top.

You must be fun at parties.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I used to really enjoy the moan in, back in the day.

Didn’t they have a disagreement with mods on here who then banned all of them?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I find it hard to defend the club’s response considering they claim to take a zero tolerance approach to homophobia.

He apologised a few months ago in a letter to the FA and the club.
Wondering what you think could/should have sufficed. ?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sometimes I find some of their stuff good but for the most part they tend to want to be as funny as Paddy Power and come off an embarrassing try hards. Oh and they love a good witch hunt/harassment of fans that disagree with them sometimes. They're just a bargain bin Arsenal Fan TV with even less humour.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
They are often funny rightfully go into bat for fans, and issues and provide a free , useful service across their multiple blogs/tweets.
I'd really miss them if they weren't there..

except when it all goes wrong and they think its ok - just in the last few weeks
- Tweet a highly offensive slur to describe disability after our defeat v Palace.
- compare our defence to kids at Chailey Heritage School (twice in tweets) for the purposes of a cheap gag.
- Tweet Welcome our new signing earlier this week by er, swiftly comparing him to an "illegal immigrant" despite the fact he has dual nationality and was born in Germany.
despite having thousands of kids following them, and being the largest fan Twitter account.

They do apologise

...sometimes. But these self confessed drunken mistakes are widely out of character with the progressive club they not only support and sometimes confusingly, given the above, are asked to represent.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No idea. They blocked me/NSC many years ago so I never see any of their stuff.*

Met some of them in a pub after Fulham two or three seasons back, bought them and their associates a round (rounds, possibly - I can't recall) of drinks and from what I recall it was all very amiable. I think we even spoke about NSC sponsoring their content in some way. No interactions with them since then, although I think I've been told they've had thinly-veiled, possibly alcohol-fuelled pops at me since. When I've had Palace fans threatening my son, fellow Albion fans being narky at me year after year is neither here nor there.

All feels like a bit of a shame really.

(* - I also spend very, very little time on twitter. I'm not sure I've looked at the NSC twitter account for a good 2 or 3 weeks now, maybe more. Stuff I share to twitter from here doesn't actually involve me going to twitter - I use a social sharing tool for that.)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here