Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert moving ....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have to admit I find it difficult to like Knocky as a person. He does seem a petulant idiot at times. When things are going his way he’s fine...the minute they’re not he starts to throw his toys out of his pram. Or acts like he did in this car incident.

Same here. Even when singing the AK song (not when started by AK) I find myself thinking “but I don’t really like him” but justify my singing by 1) it’s boosting the team, and 2) A good tune to belt out to

In recent weeks he’s shown what he can do on the pitch and is a joy to watch, but as usual there’s something bad just around the corner. If he doesn’t grow up fast we should listen to decent offers....£8m +

I find it hard to believe this would have been written 12 months ago, or if AK had lived up to the unrealistic expectations some put on him, 12 months ago.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The police had enough evidence for driving without due care, or reckless driving? Why didn't they charge him with that?

Driving without due care and attention, which can include tailgating and undertaking, carries the same penalty range as driving without reasonable consideration (max 9 points on licence).

A driving without due consideration charge is more appropriate where the inconvenience is aimed at and suffered by other road users.

Note the essential difference between the two offences under section 3 of the RTA 1988 is that in cases of careless driving the prosecution need not show that any other person was inconvenienced. In cases of inconsiderate driving, there must be evidence that some other user of the road or public place was actually inconvenienced;

This offence is appropriate when the driving amounts to a clear act of incompetence, selfishness, impatience or aggressiveness in addition to some other inconvenience to road users.

Prosecutors must decide which version of the offence to charge as the section creates two separate offences

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidan...e-charging-offences-arising-driving-incidents

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
You were saying how tailgating is dangerous, especially at higher speeds. No one has said he was tailgating at higher speeds. And whether he was too close or not isn't a fact, it's open to interpretation.

This seems to cover it:-

PC Winter described the encounter with Knockaert as "the worst example of impatient, arrogant and intimidating driving he had ever seen“

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Somebody call the cops! :flounce:

The parking restrictions are there for a reason. The rest of us manage to find a space, buy you just act like you own the place, with no regard for anyone else. So arrogant.

Luckily there is a statute of limitations, so it's out of time.

I was in a parking bay, but unfortunately my back wheels were touching the line, so therefore the rear of the car overhanging the parking space. I'm a woman. I have not got spatial awareness, so all these surveys keep telling me.

Does anyone remember all the hoo ha, when Gonzalo Jara Reyes, was stopped by police in Dec 2012, for driving whilst disqualified for drink driving?
Luckily for us, he was recalled by West Brom, before the court case, so the 'blame' didn't bring BHAFC into disrepute.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-16655660

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mitigate me for what? Given that you're saying I'm a crap driver because I admit I've broken the speed limit before, of course it's relevant whether you ever have or not. Or are you saying you're a crap driver too?

I didn’t say you were a crap driver at all, I said you were a knob, nothing more and nothing less..primarily for your postings and the attitude you seemingly present in them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I find it hard to believe this would have been written 12 months ago, or if AK had lived up to the unrealistic expectations some put on him, 12 months ago.

As I suggested, when everything is going fine, like last season, there’s no issue. Although there were signs last season. But, we now see a different side when he’s not top dog.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I suggested, when everything is going fine, like last season, there’s no issue. Although there were signs last season. But, we now see a different side when he’s not top dog.
He has always been a petulant little arse.
He struts, he preens, we've seen the full extent to just how emotional he is, and it all got brushed aside because he was scoring goals and making chump fullbacks look silly.

You either have always had an issue with him, or you don't.

Because if you suddenly have one, this issue isn't about AK, it's about you and your expectations.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This seems to cover it:-

PC Winter described the encounter with Knockaert as "the worst example of impatient, arrogant and intimidating driving he had ever seen“
How long has PC Winter been in the job? What other driving has (s)he seen? Is (s)he prone to exaggeration? I guess (s)he's never featured on Police Stop Camera Action.

Luckily there is a statute of limitations, so it's out of time.
So arrogant!

I was in a parking bay, but unfortunately my back wheels were touching the line, so therefore the rear of the car overhanging the parking space. I'm a woman. I have not got spatial awareness, so all these surveys keep telling me.
:D

Does anyone remember all the hoo ha, when Gonzalo Jara Reyes, was stopped by police in Dec 2012, for driving whilst disqualified for drink driving?
Luckily for us, he was recalled by West Brom, before the court case, so the 'blame' didn't bring BHAFC into disrepute.
That must have saved some of our fans from a very embarrassing situation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He has always been a petulant little arse.
He struts, he preens, we've seen the full extent to just how emotional he is, and it all got brushed aside because he was scoring goals and making chump fullbacks look silly.

You either have always had an issue with him, or you don't.

Because if you suddenly have one, this issue isn't about AK, it's about you and your expectations.

I think you can have a revised opinion of him based on this season. Yes, it was always there, but no one knew to what extent. We do now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You did, as you followed 'You sound like a total dog-shite driver' with 'and', meaning that you agreed with the first bit.

Just to clarify I did not necessarily mean I agreed with the previous post. But, inferring from the undercurrent from your posts, I’d say there’s a strong chance you are a knob at driving as well. Maybe you can clarify this?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just to clarify I did not necessarily mean I agreed with the previous post.
Ok.
But, inferring from the undercurrent from your posts, I’d say there’s a strong chance you are a knob at driving as well. Maybe you can clarify this?
I imagine those who see me drive would certainly not say that these days. It wouldn't have been the best description in the past either, but I've certainly driven faster and with less care than I should have in the past.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you can have a revised opinion of him based on this season. Yes, it was always there, but no one knew to what extent. We do now.

Still one of our best players even if he struggled to maintain the heights of pure magic we saw last season. Is it because he is French perchance that you take every opportunity to diss him? :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Of course, opinions can be revised as people change, my point is AK hasn't changed, so what are you basing this revision on?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here