Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to the Downing Street Protests?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But the issue is not offshore investments per se, but whether they are being used to avoid paying UK tax. Investing offshore is a perfectly legitimate exercise providing that you are not using it to avoid paying tax.

nope. the debate should be about that but many are making a default assumption that all off shore is for is shady tax rule to illegal purposes. people want to outlaw offshore, overlooking everythings offshore relative to some other country.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
never mind protesting about this crazy idiot's dodgy past why not protest over tax payers money being wrongly spent on a pro EU propaganda leaflet at a time when the health service needs all the money it can get.?

i still after 5 months await a much needed operation, have heard not a thing other than we are sorry but the very earliest you will be seen is june.... it's a joke..

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
never mind protesting about this crazy idiot's dodgy past why not protest over tax payers money being wrongly spent on a pro EU propaganda leaflet at a time when the health service needs all the money it can get.?

i still after 5 months await a much needed operation, have heard not a thing other than we are sorry but the very earliest you will be seen is june.... it's a joke..

Many are protesting about this issue as well. It was a massive own goal by the government. Taking tax payers money for granted

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Many are protesting about this issue as well. It was a massive own goal by the government. Taking tax payers money for granted

People are rightly up in arms about the 9.5m spent on promoting the "benefits" of the EU club, yet many do not seem that concerned about the 55m a day that we are throwing into this bottomless pit.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What utter b*llocks. I didn't elect Facebook, Google etc to represent me, my country - I voted for Cameron. He has let me down by not paying his tax and that makes me angry. He didn't own up to this fact when he should've so I don't trust him any more. I therefore will take my democratic right and protest, whilst you sit behind your keyboard and slag off people who are getting involved

Either Hurstpierpoint is now in Cameron's constituency or we have moved to a presidential style election, but you voted for the candidates on your ballot paper, not Cameron. You were also wanting a Conservative Government not Cameron. What taxes has he not paid, ut has been stated that uk income tax was paid on the share dividends and no capital gains tax liability arose, so what has he not paid. He has no need to won up to something that has not occurred.

I am therefore lost at what you are protesting about,or are you part of hire a mob

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Either Hurstpierpoint is now in Cameron's constituency or we have moved to a presidential style election, but you voted for the candidates on your ballot paper, not Cameron. You were also wanting a Conservative Government not Cameron. What taxes has he not paid, ut has been stated that uk income tax was paid on the share dividends and no capital gains tax liability arose, so what has he not paid. He has no need to won up to something that has not occurred.

I am therefore lost at what you are protesting about,or are you part of hire a mob

Yep I'm part of hire a mob - have you ever been to Hurstpierpoint? If you don't understand why people are pissed off then fair enough, but you seem like quite an intelligent person so I think you might have a rough idea

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

So what about the money that those wanting the UK to leave EU are able to spend under the referendum rules. So you are effectively saying no information to be given to voters to determine which way they wish to vote. The money is just loose change to the NHS. Most of the debt for the NHS can be traced back to the Labour Governments PFI deals between 1997 and 2010 which are costing the NHS £2bn a year. It wouuld have been better to protest against that as the NHS needs all the money it can get.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What utter b*llocks. I didn't elect Facebook, Google etc to represent me, my country - I voted for Cameron. He has let me down by not paying his tax and that makes me angry. He didn't own up to this fact when he should've so I don't trust him any more. I therefore will take my democratic right and protest, whilst you sit behind your keyboard and slag off people who are getting involved

Firstly who have I slagged off?
Secondly I'd be more than happy to say EXACTLY what I've just posted to anyone on here or elsewhere in the world to their face?
Thirdly as [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION] points out what tax hasn't he paid? He paid £12k into a fund which returned £31k 13 years later. He wasn't liable for capital gains tax because it fell within his and his wifes personal allowance. All Cameron has done has made an investment in a fund that based off shore.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

shame i had not heard about this protest until today otherwise i would be there.
i hope its a large turnout.and they make their feelings well known, from one very pissed off man:angry:.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
People are rightly up in arms about the 9.5m spent on promoting the "benefits" of the EU club, yet many do not seem that concerned about the 55m a day that we are throwing into this bottomless pit.

Exactly, 9.5m is nothing, we should accept it for waht it is and move on

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
If it was a protest like "no to war in Iraq" then fair enough, power to the people; but there will just be a load of posh yobs in black hoodies who want to smash up a Starbucks etc. Best way to protests is at the ballot box.

Maybe CMD could placate them with hugs. :kiss:

:rolleyes:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Firstly who have I slagged off?
Secondly I'd be more than happy to say EXACTLY what I've just posted to anyone on here or elsewhere in the world to their face?
Thirdly as [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION] points out what tax hasn't he paid? He paid £12k into a fund which returned £31k 13 years later. He wasn't liable for capital gains tax because it fell within his and his wifes personal allowance. All Cameron has done has made an investment in a fund that based off shore.

I would like my elected representatives to be transparent about their investments and tax affairs. Even if Cameron had done nothing wrong why was he reluctant to declare his interests? Channel 4 news has asked all 21 cabinet ministers if they have off shore investments 3 have said they don't 18 have refused to answer. I know they might not be breaking any laws etc but I would like to change the law, shut down tax loop holes and then the whole country in my opinion would benefit. We might even be able to lower taxes for those who PAYE. I am sorry if I got personal I didn't mean to

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
So what about the money that those wanting the UK to leave EU are able to spend under the referendum rules. So you are effectively saying no information to be given to voters to determine which way they wish to vote. The money is just loose change to the NHS. Most of the debt for the NHS can be traced back to the Labour Governments PFI deals between 1997 and 2010 which are costing the NHS £2bn a year. It wouuld have been better to protest against that as the NHS needs all the money it can get.

that's the very first that ive heard about outers being granted tax payers money to use as they like, i had always assumed that it came from the generosity of the individual..
no amount of tax payers money should be used by either side at a time of austerity.
and yes the protest should be over the PFI deals as well.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I would like my elected representatives to be transparent about their investments and tax affairs. Even if Cameron had done nothing wrong why was he reluctant to declare his interests? Channel 4 news has asked all 21 cabinet ministers if they have off shore investments 3 have said they don't 18 have refused to answer.

Can't agree with you there. Everyone should have the right for the personal finances to remain exactly that in my opinion even MPs.

I know they might not be breaking any laws etc but I would like to change the law, shut down tax loop holes and then the whole country in my opinion would benefit. We might even be able to lower taxes for those who PAYE.

Don't think you'll find anyone who will disagrees with you there. All the time these loop holes exist and are legal people will exploit them.

I am sorry if I got personal I didn't mean to

No need to apologise, we're all entitled to our own opinions.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
i haven't forgotten about that either. in fact i am very pissed off about it. yet some on here reckon 9.5 m is NOTHING:ohmy: try telling that one to the homeless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here