Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard

Dec 29, 2011
Thought I'd bounce an old thread rather than starting a new one - am I the only one who thinks he flatters to deceive massively? Looks like a player who knows he's guaranteed a starting position and apart from a couple of good games recently I really think he's been distinctly average. He needs to get in the gym and get stronger on the ball before he can progress as a player. He shows flashes of brilliance no doubts but I've yet to see anything that makes me think he's as special as we were told he was.

Just my opinion obviously and I expect to be flamed for it.

The English answer to every problem: get in the gym. :facepalm:

Tell Messi to get in the ****ing gym.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Who said he was special? I don't remember thinking he'd stand out, I just thought he was to provide us some option with Barnes gone. And he has. He's done as well as Barnes IMO.

Well Barnes was decent for us but he's just a decent solid championship player, I expected more after the hype about Lingard, I remember reading on the Man United forum people saying he was the dogs bollocks. A fair few even said he was in the same bracket talent wise as Januzaj

The English answer to every problem: get in the gym. :facepalm:

Tell Messi to get in the ****ing gym.

Did you see how easily he got pushed off the ball when he went through yesterday? Maybe it's not the answer but he will never make it as a premiership player if he doesn't get stronger.

As I say I'm not bashing the guy I just think he's been very average given how good he is supposed to be, just seems like a player who knows he's guaranteed to be selected IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I remember reading on the Man United forum people saying he was the dogs bollocks.
It's not really relevant what some random people said there. It's not like we blew our budget on him, or that our club said we'd pinned our hopes on him, or that he was a replacement for one of our best players. He's doing fine, a lot better than Obika.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Man of the match last night IMO.

Thought he was distinctly average, looks good on the ball but in the main is non-productive...

There was audible gasp of disbelief and laughter around us when the MoM was announced, personally thought Dunk was the best player.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thought he was distinctly average, looks good on the ball but in the main is non-productive...

There was audible gasp of disbelief and laughter around us when the MoM was announced, personally thought Dunk was the best player.

I agree, i like his runs though, gives a different option. He is very much a work in progress.

I had jokingly nominated him for mom just before he was announced and all the guys around us also laughed disbelievingly. When he scored, i felt very surprised as i fully expected him to lift it over the bar.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lingard, LuaLua and March rotated positions throughout the last half hour. This caused all sorts of problems for Yeovil. Lingard's linkup play with Ulloa in particular was very promising.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/lingard-loving-business-end-1511478.aspx

Doesn't sound like the words of someone who is planning on staying to me.......shame, think he has done OK in bursts

Haven't a clue how you have managed to work out from those quotes that he isn't staying? He certainly isn't saying he is staying, but neither is he ruling it out in anyway whatsoever!

Were you expecting to add "I'm surprised Kazenga hasn't got more goals, but when I am here next season and he has moved on for £700k to join the Stuart Pearce revolution at Forest, then I will be much better in the inside left position and score a hat trick every week. After all who wants to play for Louis Van Gaal?"

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Would United loan him back for a full season is what I want to know, he can only get better

I would very much doubt this. He's got one year left to run on his contract at United. This means that it's highly unlikely that they'll just loan him out for a season, when they can get a fee for him over the summer. But that all depends on whether United want to renew his contract. I understand that there's been a bit of turmoil there over the last month or so, and that this will continue for a while. My view of him is that he's a highly promising player, but one that will not make it in the top quarter of the PL and the Champions League. I suspect they'll sell him over the summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Haven't a clue how you have managed to work out from those quotes that he isn't staying? He certainly isn't saying he is staying, but neither is he ruling it out in anyway whatsoever!

Were you expecting to add "I'm surprised Kazenga hasn't got more goals, but when I am here next season and he has moved on for £700k to join the Stuart Pearce revolution at Forest, then I will be much better in the inside left position and score a hat trick every week. After all who wants to play for Louis Van Gaal?"

Just the general tone really, plus 'It’s been a real confidence boost being down here'. Anyway, doesn't look like he'll be staying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here