Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
The arrogance is hilarious. Firstly, it's hard to see why you're on here. All a bit sad. Secondly, the idea that you can just click your fingers and a player will come is laughable, especially as other teams are interested (much bigger teams than Palace).

It's not arrogance, I genuinely find it very sad. Every time the Premier League TV deals get bigger, football in this country gets a little bit worse.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He has the most dribbles overall by far at 7.2 dribbles per game. The next highest is Riyad Mahrez with 6.3 and then Martial with 5.9. Wilf tops the charts for succesful dribbles, again Mahrez is in second place.

Presuming you're looking at the same stats that I am, you may want to click on the headings to sort them - Zaha (3.7) is behind Imbula of Stoke (4.4) in successful dribbles. Most doesn't always mean the best, he's on 3.4 unsuccessful dribbles, meaning that it's nearly 50% successful and 50% unsuccessful.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Unfortunately with the way football is going at the moment, clubs like Brighton don't really get a choice when clubs like Palace come along. The gulf in finances between PL clubs and Championship clubs is so huge that keeping hold of your best players will be almost impossible.

Can you all just **** off now. What a ridiculous comment.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's not arrogance, I genuinely find it very sad. Every time the Premier League TV deals get bigger, football in this country gets a little bit worse.

I'd almost believe that if you'd said Premier League clubs rather than clubs like Palace. It's all a bit sad. It is possible that Dunk will leave this summer (and just about possible that he will go to Palace). However, any club who want him will need to pay a lot of money (more than he's worth) as we don't have to sell. I'm pretty confident you would need to pay even more on top of that due to the rivalry, whatever you might believe. We no longer low offers for our players.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Unfortunately with the way football is going at the moment, clubs like Brighton don't really get a choice when clubs like Palace come along. The gulf in finances between PL clubs and Championship clubs is so huge that keeping hold of your best players will be almost impossible.

Are you EVER gonna spend any of your fortunes on your silly little ground? One day you'll need a new one. Safety standards or woodworm will get you in the end.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Presuming you're looking at the same stats that I am, you may want to click on the headings to sort them - Zaha (3.7) is behind Imbula of Stoke (4.4) in successful dribbles. Most doesn't always mean the best, he's on 3.4 unsuccessful dribbles, meaning that it's nearly 50% successful and 50% unsuccessful.

Imbula wasn't included in the article, but that's probably because he only played 14 games after signing in January.

Are you EVER gonna spend any of your fortunes on your silly little ground? One day you'll need a new one. Safety standards or woodworm will get you in the end.

Maybe. I'd prefer we spent it on improving the squad though. I can live with playing in a shit hole if we can sign a few more top class internationals.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Maybe. I'd prefer we spent it on improving the squad though. I can live with playing in a shit hole if we can sign a few more top class internationals.

I think that sums up the difference between our two clubs. We spend sensibly and try to build up the infrastructure first. We even managed to stay out of administration while playing at Withdean. You get a bit of money and throw it all at players. Maybe you'll end up in administration for a third time as a result of this and then get away with it again.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

What you could always do is what Leicester did. Build a new ground and then go into admin again.

Plus, if you do go into administration for a third time I believe you get to keep it.
x

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
:lol: you make it sound as though you've got a team full of 'top class internationals' , let's be honest, you've got Cabaye and....erm....

I was only talking about Cabaye. I'm saying I want a few more players like him.

Scott Dann? :)

In a fair world, we'd be talking about Scott Dann. Unfortunately, Scotty has been overlooked in one of the greatest tragedies of the 21st century.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Imbula wasn't included in the article, but that's probably because he only played 14 games after signing in January.

Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 13.06.33.png

Hopefully this screenshot works. 14 games is still 14 games.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Dunk is better than Dann, Knockaert is better than Zaha. I'm amazed that premier league managers have not realised this before now.
It's not about if a club wants to sell, it's more about if a player wants to go.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Dunk is better than Dann, Knockaert is better than Zaha. I'm amazed that premier league managers have not realised this before now.
It's not about if a club wants to sell, it's more about if a player wants to go.

Next they'll be telling us that Hughton is a better manager than Pardew, Kayal is better than Cabaye and March is better than Bolasie.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Next they'll be telling us that Hughton is a better manager than Pardew, Kayal is better than Cabaye and March is better than Bolasie.

I would agree with the first part, he cannot be any worse. It' safe to say I love Pardew as a manager, of another club.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Next thing I will be telling you is **** OFF and go on a Palace board gloating.....You paid back all the local businesses your stitched up TWICE?? I wouldn't be gloating too much if I were you lot!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

If you look at the stats for each, there's not a huge amount to choose from. Of course it depends on your definition of 'better'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here