Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v The Swiss

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bad fan I've lost all interest again after the WC. I'm half tempted to turn it off and catch up with the latest Better Call Saul episode...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure what people expect. England are boring and not very good. At the world cup they were nothing special and failed to beat any half decent opposition in what was a pretty poor world cup in terms of quality.

This is my opinion and expect many to disagree but it is what it is.

I disagree about the WC. But agree that we've reverted to type since - defenders uncomfortable with the ball, wooden midfielders (not just fans fall guy Henderson, but the entire lot), games passing by anonymous 'star' players, and a lack of centre midfield creator.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Generally a poor game with only 2 England players showing up these being Rose and Loftus-Cheek. The defence appear to have no confidence in Butland. and just to make a contentious point is Tarkowski better than Dunk? Or is he just out of his depth?

Jul 7, 2003
Bad fan I've lost all interest again after the WC. I'm half tempted to turn it off and catch up with the latest Better Call Saul episode...

Gave up on 40 minutes and catching up on Bake Off instead.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Blimey, Spain...they really bollocksed it up in the World Cup, didn't they? They look unstoppable and are humiliating Croatia.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Blimey, Spain...they really bollocksed it up in the World Cup, didn't they? They look unstoppable and are humiliating Croatia.

They ripped media luvvies Portugal apart in their first WC match with stunning football, only for Ronaldo to single handedly rescue Portugal. So Spain still had the immense talent in them, now back with a vengeance.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Watching the Spain game in our tech office with 5 Croatian engineers who were ripping in to me the other night when Spain beat us.
Very quiet in here now! :)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
They ripped media luvvies Portugal apart in their first WC match with stunning football, only for Ronaldo to single handedly rescue Portugal. So Spain still had the immense talent in them, now back with a vengeance.

Yes, but they should have ripped Russia to pieces. Touch and go as to who would have won the tournament if they had done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here