Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
FA cup good atmosphere 15-00hrs kick off family meet up in Brighton what more do you need apart from a food beers and a win.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
From Wikipedia:

"The West Stand is a three-tiered stand, which holds 11,833 fans, including 14 luxury boxes and the premium fans' 1901 Club. The East Stand (including the Family Stand) holds 13,654 fans, with 10% reserved for away fans during cup games."

That's incorrect. The East lower held almost 5,000 in 2011 and the ESU opened with around 4,500. There may be another 500 in the SE corner on the east side of the blue wall but I'm certain it's not more than 10,000

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not club bashing at all. Constructive debate.

Now we are a PL giant this will happen again. What do people think about whether we should find a way of offering more than 4.5K to a team that wants to come for a big day out in the cup...? Coventry obviously had demand of 8-10K for this game - should we have tried harder to accommodate them?

With all the moaning I'm expecting it to be a new record attendance.

It would be better to give Coventry as much space as we can just so we don't have Coventry supporters celebrating in the home area if they score.

We could've given them from the East block G and the entire south before it gets difficult to segregate the supporters

With all the moaning I'm expecting it to be a new record attendance.

It would be better to give Coventry as much space as we can just so we don't have Coventry supporters celebrating in the home area if they score.

We could've given them from the East block G and the entire south before it gets difficult to segregate the supporters

If any celebrate near me ill tell them where to go and then ignore them.

IMO the club still got this wrong, Coventry should have been given the ESU seats as then that section would have been full.

This would have allowed the Albion to have loud support behind both goals, thus giving us even more of an advantage and taking the advantage away from Coventry when they kick into the South goal.

And before you go on about our fans being under the Coventry fans, away supporters are put above home supporters in lots of other grounds.

The club would have dealt with this with respect as they do all other fans that come here.

The fans would have supported their team incident free.

The club missed a trick here.

I too was of the opinion that Coventry should have been given a few more tickets. But giving them the ESU would not have been a great idea. Firstly, it’s smaller than the allocation they have been given!

The sensible thing would have been to have given them one (or ideally 2) blocks in the ESL adjacent to their current support. This would have increased there allocation from just over 4500 to either 5100 or 5800 ish.

With these extra 1300 seats out of the equation for us, and had both upper tiers been open from the beginning so more STH can secure their usual seats, then this game would have been nailed on to sell out and probably been close to it now.

There is still time for that theory to be proved entirely wrong though by us selling out the upper tiers in full

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've just bought 3 in esu someone had already taken my normal ones in ns..

It would be great to prove Barber wrong and sell out the esu this weekend and then sell out wsu next week.
Should be good atmosphere and looking forward to hopefully seeing Locadia.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What a total bloody shambles.

Give Coventry the entire East Stand. Entire West and North for us, and use the South as an overflow (employing the netting that thwarted the Millwall thugs if required).

Sheesh....it's not even difficult! Club gets income from ticket sales (and add-ons) from from another 4-5K Coventry fans for starters.

Totally daft to base expectations for the Cov game on the previous round versus the scum. Very different in so many ways.

ETA: I know it's too late now! But some thought and planning rather than just semi-educated guesswork would have done the trick.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't get all this give them all the tickets they want attitude. I know it will create a great atmosphere but this is a chance to get into the quarter finals of the cup, ffs. 8 thousand Coventry fans cheering their team on will not help us, so it's a no from me as 4.5 thousand is plenty.

I'm also saying this when my wife and all her family live and were born in Coventry and they can't get tickets. Was tempted to get them in the esu with me but that would be a bit hypocritical. I'm hoping they will find a way to get in the away end and not like that lot up the road. :wink:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Don’t get why people want to give Coventry more tickets. We need to be the home team giving plenty of vocal support. We don’t need to give the Coventry players an incentive through plenty of vocal support from their fans. Can’t believe some on here want to give an away team over 6/8 thousand seats. The income for the club won’t be huge for those extra tickets, yet for the players on the pitch who could almost feel like a home game

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Don’t get why people want to give Coventry more tickets. We need to be the home team giving plenty of vocal support. We don’t need to give the Coventry players an incentive through plenty of vocal support from their fans. Can’t believe some on here want to give an away team over 6/8 thousand seats. The income for the club won’t be huge for those extra tickets, yet for the players on the pitch who could almost feel like a home game

If there were 8000 coventry fans it might wake some usually sleepy ones of us up to make some noise.
The noiser they are, the nosier we are theory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here