Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
'White washing' history? For goodness sakes we are talking about the removal of statues. Statues moreover of traitors whose said treason was in defense of slavery. If those who object are that concerned they could always, I don't know, open a book?

I didn't say anything about white washing history. Fake news folks.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I didn't say anything about white washing history. Fake news folks.

Sorry, looking back it was vegster who used the phrase to which you replied: 'Trump isn't trying to though is he? The PEOPLE are'. Such a statement implies that you believe that 'the people' are 'whitewashing' history. Or is that not the case?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sorry, looking back it was vegster who used the phrase to which you replied: 'Trump isn't trying to though is he? The PEOPLE are'. Such a statement implies that you believe that 'the people' are 'whitewashing' history. Or is that not the case?

That's not the case, I was just referring to removing the statues, not the white washing. Can see why it looked the way it did though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This could get interesting. The senior editor-at-large of Breitbart has issued a one-word response to Bannon's dismissal by Trump: #WAR

That's gonna really confuse the apologists, who quote Breitbart as a defense of Trump. :whistle:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
210 days of Presidency:-

[tweet]898590237475000321[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If the White House was your footy team, you'd just know you were getting relegated......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Relegation would be a bonus, I think you would be more concerned with suffering numerous administrations!

Fixed term....

Imagine if we had had to endure Archer on a fixed term....:shootself

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]898613526033563648[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I wonder if Trump wears an adult nappy or "diaper" if you're American? and if he loudly and violently shat himself people would still be inclined to vote for him, maybe MORE inclined? makes you think....

Staying on that theme, it wouldn't surprise me if his way of relaxing after a busy day being an awesome president is to sit bollock naked in an empty room flinging his faeces at the walls.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You know I've seen alot on Twitter today about taking down these Nazi statues or whatever they are over here that display racism and I keep asking myself why this didn't happen in the 8 years a black president was in the WH. It's almost like the media and co are wanting to cause division and violence. Weird.

It's exactly what sections of the media want to do.

CNN and their professional race baiter Van Jones are always at it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
'White washing' history? For goodness sakes we are talking about the removal of statues. Statues moreover of traitors whose said treason was in defense of slavery. If those who object are that concerned they could always, I don't know, open a book?

And if you open a book you'll find the Union Army was full of people no different to their Confederate counterparts.

Some were worse.

Gen. Philip Sheridan's statue stands before the Capitol Building in Albany NY and yet he was the man who famously said “The only good Indians I ever saw were dead.”.

Yet his statue stands in the heartland of the Democrats with not one single person there protesting its existence.

Once again, hypocrisy is thy name.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Gen. Philip Sheridan's statue stands before the Capitol Building in Albany NY and yet he was the man who famously said “The only good Indians I ever saw were dead.”

Famously said? He denied he ever said it!

BTW, no-one ever said one side in the US civil war were all good and the other were all evil, life isn't like that. However, one side was fighting to break up the Union and keep slaves. The other wasn't.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Famously said? He denied he ever said it!

BTW, no-one ever said one side in the US civil war were all good and the other were all evil, life isn't like that. However, one side was fighting to break up the Union and keep slaves. The other wasn't.

He denied it, but plenty of eyewitnesses stated he said it.

If you think those who fought for the Union at the first battle of Bull Run were there fighting to abolish slavery then you're being disingenuous.

And I do believe that people are saying those who fought for or supported the Union are excused of the same scrutiny as those who fought for the Confederates.

If being a racist, a bigot, a slave owner are grounds for removal of public monuments then rip em all down and give up the false facade of being righteous.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
He denied it, but plenty of eyewitnesses stated he said it.

If you think those who fought for the Union at the first battle of Bull Run were there fighting to abolish slavery then you're being disingenuous.

And I do believe that people are saying those who fought for or supported the Union are excused of the same scrutiny as those who fought for the Confederates.

If being a racist, a bigot, a slave owner are grounds for removal of public monuments then rip em all down and give up the false facade of being righteous.

Sure, most of us would agree with ripping down all statues to racist, bigots and slave owners. Can we start with the one in Charlottesville please? Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here