Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Joining Adam El-Abd. Really liked both players, in their own way, and both would have had realistic hopes of being in a Brighton Premier League squad had things worked out differently a few seasons ago.

Shame for them that in the season we finally made it, they're playing at a far lower level. Wish them both well.

I liked both players, but I wish sometimes CMS had put a tad more effort in to scoring goals for the Albion, and as you've said, things may have worked out differently.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I liked both players, but I wish sometimes CMS had put a tad more effort in to scoring goals for the Albion, and as you've said, things may have worked out differently.

I don't think many players put more effort in than CMS. But he was just crap at scoring goals at Championship level for us - quite possibly one of the LEAST composed players in front of goal I have ever seen. Watching CMS in a 1 on 1 with a keeper was like watching a man with his trousers on fire, being chased by a bear.

Still, I wish him well and will keep an eye out for Wycombe's results this season, what with Bomber being there as well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I don't think many players put more effort in than CMS. But he was just crap at scoring goals at Championship level for us - quite possibly one of the LEAST composed players in front of goal I have ever seen. Watching CMS in a 1 on 1 with a keeper was like watching a man with his trousers on fire, being chased by a bear. :lolol:

Still, I wish him well and will keep an eye out for Wycombe's results this season, what with Bomber being there as well.

I do go and watch them sometimes, so it'll be an extra special incentive with the former players playing.

If we had kept Murray to play upfront with him we'd have made it to the PL at least 3 years ago IMO.

I totally agree. It showed a lack of ambition at the time, but we got there eventually.

Always liked CMS. He had the strangest running style, but that didn't stop him running his heart out every game, and often for lost causes.

All the best to the lad.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I don't think many players put more effort in than CMS. But he was just crap at scoring goals at Championship level for us - quite possibly one of the LEAST composed players in front of goal I have ever seen. Watching CMS in a 1 on 1 with a keeper was like watching a man with his trousers on fire, being chased by a bear.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Didn't they also concede about 100 goals that season? That's schoolboy kick'n'rush stuff. Warning bells should have sounded about CMS at that point.

I think their philosophy was 'if we score more than them we win'

I like that quote by the Wycombe Manager ... 'he's got an unbelievable work ethic and will run through brick walls for the team'. Maybe an idea to teach him how to lift his head up and run round them instead?

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I think their philosophy was 'if we score more than them we win'

I like that quote by the Wycombe Manager ... 'he's got an unbelievable work ethic and will run through brick walls for the team'. Maybe an idea to teach him how to lift his head up and run round them instead?

That made me laugh out loud
:bowdown: :bowdown:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
One of our worst ever forward signings. Great at running around. Problem arose when he had the ball. He proves that in lower divisions you just need 1 season where you score 25 goals plus and a championship club will pay you silly money and 3year contract hoping you can do it there. Will be interesting to follow Bogle who is now at Wigan after scoring loads for Grimsby.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm over the moon to bring him here," Wycombe manager Gareth Ainsworth told the club website.

"He's got talent and a pedigree which are above this level."

What's he got in mind Crufts?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm over the moon to bring him here," Wycombe manager Gareth Ainsworth told the club website.

"He's got talent and a pedigree which are above this level."

What's he got in mind Crufts?

Fits in with CMS's dog-chasing-a-balloon playing style.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here