Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's Striker Problem

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I feel so so sorry for sons and daughters of some NSCers, imagine having that reaction from your dad (or mum) whenever you tried something new.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it seems too much of an automatic reaction though nowadays just to have a go first without even really considering (or reading) the material.
Yes it's true that it's an automatic reaction. That's not perfect, but nothing is. The forum could be more gentle, but then it would be less fun IMO. I think overall the forum is fair, and if the OP sticks around and asks for help I'm sure they'll get it. I don't think you should take the reactions in isolation, you have to remember we do get to read a lot of crap on here.

Trig you are one of the best posters on here.
You need to have a lie down.
Think you are being a bit harsh on this one though just my opinion
Fair enough.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd say it is a noticeable trend that comments get nastier when someone exhibits a work that has wings beyond NSC
I agree that's probably true, because there's a history. People have come here trying to start a new forum to compete with this one, asking members to write for that new forum, even when they're not Brighton fans! Just a lazy and annoying money making idea. Didn't Jamie do similar? Can't remember. Now clearly this isn't such an example, but I think it helps explain why some of us are quick to take the piss. And I just reacted the way I'd reacted to anyone else making mistakes while advertising a blog

and if my comments seemed fragile it will be in frustration at that behaviour as it appears in life in general
Love this forum as I do, thankfully it's not representative of real life. We say things to each other we never would face to face. Face to face we can have a cheeky grin, or tone of voice, and we can judge the person we're talking to better. Here I often like to go for faux outrage etc. The communication here is understandably different.

My daughter loves her footy, and I imagine one day she might want to post on here. Not a day I look forward too :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I feel so so sorry for sons and daughters of some NSCers, imagine having that reaction from your dad (or mum) whenever you tried something new.
Yeah, 'cos that's EXACTLY how I react to my kids :rolleyes:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I agree that's probably true, because there's a history. People have come here trying to start a new forum to compete with this one, asking members to write for that new forum, even when they're not Brighton fans! Just a lazy and annoying money making idea. Didn't Jamie do similar? Can't remember. Now clearly this isn't such an example, but I think it helps explain why some of us are quick to take the piss. And I just reacted the way I'd reacted to anyone else making mistakes while advertising a blog

Love this forum as I do, thankfully it's not representative of real life. We say things to each other we never would face to face. Face to face we can have a cheeky grin, or tone of voice, and we can judge the person we're talking to better. Here I often like to go for faux outrage etc. The communication here is understandably different.

My daughter loves her footy, and I imagine one day she might want to post on here. Not a day I look forward too :D

how boring to find you so reasonable

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I'll be waiting for her

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Slightly creepy.

I read it as meaning that he'd give her first posts a flaming, rather than anything, umm, less savoury. And consequently quite funny. Not so funny if you interpret his post as meaning he'll stalk her.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
1 - You have permission to promote this?
2 - Why is it not as a link?
3 - Why the long name, why not buy the .com, for example: imabellend.com not imabellend.wordpress.com?
4 - I'm surprised no one else has noticed we need a striker, it really is an insightful observation.
5 - I'm going to bed.

:rolleyes:

Nice to see someone ( in fact many people ) have spent a small part of their day posting a childish response to my thread. Hope I was worth your time and glad you all lead such exciting lives!

Shakespeare never had to put up with this crap! :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here