Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
Same as last year apparently, he is unhappy with the budget? But also he doesn't even make transfers so if we give him that power surly he will stay...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Funny that, you laid the blame firmly at Gus's door for failing to keep Murray, but now suddenly nothing about the transfer market is the manager's fault any more. Double standards showing your biases I think.

No not at all, it was common knowledge that Gus did not rate Murray and let him go pre FFP. Last season at least Poyet got Ulloa in January, this season Oscar got sweet fa.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
If he has resigned, having been on both sides of this scenario as an employee and employer, he has to go, the intent was there and things will never be quite the same as before.
IMHO a mass cull is needed, but as the early appointment of Kenny Jackett, allbeit in a lower league, last year proved a new manager with all summer to prepare has more chance to succeed.
And a British manager please.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think this is what bemuses most of us fans more than anything to be honest,... we all see teams like Leicester, Burnley and Derby, seemingly recruiting better and paying more ( on the face of it at least) than we are, we then say look, we are better supported, have better facilities and better prospects than most in the division but cannot compete when recruiting. What is the issue? are we just run with too much of a squeeze on the budget, or is it that we have a poor front of house image? I get the vibe then that its a personality issue in the back office somewhere ( Chairman, Board, management), I cant pin down what else it could be. I dont really want to wait until Gus does an autobiography to find out, it is doubly tiring travelling 300 miles for every home game on top of these constant back room shenanigans...... very wearing.

Focusing on Derby for a second - they are one of the rare teams that took the right decision at the right time, to change manager. The grounds for their success were not set this season though, but 5-10 years ago. The core of their team are youth products and the same can be said to a lesser extant for the other sides. We tried to fast track a development squad made up of premiership drop outs and promising youngsters and last season this went spectacularly wrong. This is important from a squad perspective. If you have to bring in players to make up the squad numbers, then ultimately you have less money to spend on signing the key players, who can really make a difference.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
BBC Sussex have just had some chappie on from the independent and he implied Oscar has been unhappy since January and not getting the transfer targets he wanted and that this was due to the fact Mr Tony Bloom could not actually attend the transfer negotiations himself. He implied that because Tony lives in Australia for six months of the year this hinders the club in some aspects as he leaves it in the care of others.

I understand up to a point - but Skype calls, conference calls and even skype conference calls a pretty good these days ...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If he has resigned, having been on both sides of this scenario as an employee and employer, he has to go, the intent was there and things will never be quite the same as before.
IMHO a mass cull is needed, but as the early appointment of Kenny Jackett, allbeit in a lower league, last year proved a new manager with all summer to prepare has more chance to succeed.
And a British manager please.

And experienced too, no foreigners please we're British

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BBC Sussex have just had some chappie on from the independent and he implied Oscar has been unhappy since January and not getting the transfer targets he wanted and that this was due to the fact Mr Tony Bloom could not actually attend the transfer negotiations himself. He implied that because Tony lives in Australia for six months of the year this hinders the club in some aspects as he leaves it in the care of others.

Tony Bloom has always said he doesn't like doing business in the January window.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Focusing on Derby for a second - they are one of the rare teams that took the right decision at the right time, to change manager. The grounds for their success were not set this season though, but 5-10 years ago. The core of their team are youth products and the same can be said to a lesser extant for the other sides. We tried to fast track a development squad made up of premiership drop outs and promising youngsters and last season this went spectacularly wrong. This is important from a squad perspective. If you have to bring in players to make up the squad numbers, then ultimately you have less money to spend on signing the key players, who can really make a difference.

Which is why we have a long term plan and the new academy, people are not looking at the bigger picture which is still taking shape and yes we may have one or two new managers before we actually break through. we have come such a long way and I for one am not to concerned about losing Oscar or any manager for that matter as I think the future still looks amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here