Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Brighton player you have seen play in each position?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tomas in goal
Mark Lawrenson in defence
Vicente in midfield
Peter Ward up front.

Probably agree but I'm still not convinced that Tomas is better than Grumitt, tough one. The other three I cannot argue with.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Peter Grummitt
Mark Lawrenson
Brian Horton
Peter Ward.

What he says.
I was going to say Tom in goal but I saw Peter Grummitt play more games and I enjoyed the football more when I was a kid.
Mark Lawrenson, consider myself lucky to see him play.
Brian Horton, 100% player for me. Vicente was nice to watch but a luxury player.
Peter Ward, also consider myself lucky to see him play, a hero for anyone that was a kid when he first played for us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
GK - Kuszczak
Defender - Bridge
Midfield - Vicente
FW - Zamora

I am old enough to remember Ward, Mosely and Lawrenson play but not well enough to compare them to the ones I remember well. I would be going off what people have told me. None of the four above are my "crowd favourite" though. The players I had a real rapport with were John Keeley, Kerry Mayo, Garry Nelson and Johnny Byrne. Stretching it to call Nelse a midfielder though he played left wing on occasion but they are the four for me who combined either ability or loyalty and knowing how important the fans were and they're the four I'd prefer to see in some ways. Vicente in particular just played for Vicente, Zamora doesn't really like football and Bridge was here rebuilding a career.

Mar 26, 2008
Eastbourne
What he says.
I was going to say Tom in goal but I saw Peter Grummitt play more games and I enjoyed the football more when I was a kid.
Mark Lawrenson, consider myself lucky to see him play.
Brian Horton, 100% player for me. Vicente was nice to watch but a luxury player.
Peter Ward, also consider myself lucky to see him play, a hero for anyone that was a kid when he first played for us.

I was thinking same people and same reasons. I started in 1976 and 3 people from that time seems excessive and so maybe rose tinted specs.

I will go for Moseley in goal but so difficult to compare.
Lawrenson is the best and most complete player I have ever had the privilege to watch for BHA
Horton as a player and a leader and more effective than the more skillful Vicente
Ward, all time favourite player and even if Robinson was more successful in the top division and Zamora later played for England, I will always think Ward was the best striker I have seen

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is the answer Adam Virgo?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't imagine a bigger signing in the Albion's history - or that sort of coup ever happening again in English football.

How did it happen? Why did he go to a Div 4 club?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Goalie: Tomaz, though I quite liked Ben Roberts

Defender: Bridge

Midfielder: Vicente

Striker: Zamora or Forster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here