Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Don't think you have quite got the hang of this.Opening a link to NSC can be hazardous to a non-secure site,ie HTTP as opposed to HTTPS.Probably due to people posting with links to dodgy East European sites.I could be a **** and post the links,but unlike some,I have respect for other people.

In English ? I know about HTTP and HTTPS thank you. I repeat you can post links and it's not a risk to YOU !!!!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We are not likely to demand that we get the same benefits and pay less money IMO.
The EU exports far more to the UK than it does to Japan, so Japan's GDP isn't really relevant.

The deal didn't happen, and we don't know the detail of the deal anyway. At least EU trade with the US is more comparable with the UK that Japan's trade, I'll give you that.

You're not even on the UK's side.

I think the idea of doing the deal with Japan is that it will increase trade with Japan.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I tried to engage with sensible debate (which started with post to [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION]). Then nibble/the clamp joined in and, as per usual, starts his modus operandi of trying to rile people by insulting, so yeah, I called him a c*nt. I admit it was done in frustration and irritation. I won't put him on ignore as I think that's pointless. (Only 1 on ignore- HW Tackle)

Fact is he's a proven liar (he denied having a previous account nibble, threatened people with 'legal action/consequences' and then admitted he had had the account, but had changed to the Clamp because he'd been threatened by another poster in the past). He has a history of irritating people, yet he's too thick to see it. He thinks as he falls out with so many people, it's all their fault rather than his.

I'd happily engage in sensible debate, but it comes down to a constant stream (from certain posters) about leavers are thick, racist, xenophobes etc, it becomes pointless. And, the remain voters seem to refuse to accept that it is remainers who are running the negotiations and our preparations. Namely, May, Hammond and Robbins.

I also will ignore Herr T most of the time (as he comes across as a patronising, self-righteous person who can't even admit when he makes a mistake as he did regarding a chart a few months ago). But the Clamp I find to be a nasty person, probably due, in my opinion, to his own failings in life.

Shame. I thought you’d gone off to calm down for a few days?
As I read your list of complaints about me above, I got an image of a schoolboy grassing someone up and blubbing. Trying to catch a breath between blubs “and then (sob sob blub hyperventilating) he, he, he lied about being, sob, sob, blub, about about being another user Miss, he sob sob blub he’s a nasty person Miss”.

Very funny.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Interesting to read a report in the FT that the government is beginning to float the idea that the UK stays in the EEA to solve the logjam. What's particularly interesting is that it's a suggestion, not from a Remainer, but from arch-Brexiteer Michael Gove.

"At a recent dinner, Mr Gove talked with moderate Conservative MPs and peers about a scenario in which the UK would remain “parked” in the European Economic Area, like Norway, to avoid the chaos of a disorderly “no deal” exit.

The idea of the UK’s staying in the EEA in the event of Brexit talks collapsing has been gaining ground among some Conservatives

It would be a sensible solution and proof perhaps that not everyone in the Tory party is totally barmy - although many do give that impression. It would be interesting to see if this has legs

This is the most interesting Brexit post of the day. I hope this happens.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is why I can’t be bothered with this thread. Too many blinkered people.

blah blah blah

And, with that, I’m back out of here for a few more days.

Okay. See you in a few days :thumbsup:

If you’d care to trawl back through, you’d see that I have days on end when I don’t post. I find the blinkered responses from people like you pointless.

You can’t seem to accept that us leavers agree there will be a short-term impact but we will adapt to the new reality of life post Brexit. You seem to think that what happens on day 1 will be permanent. It won’t be.

And yes we can implement WTO and no NI border. We just say to the EU, we won’t be erecting any infrastructure. If we’re in breach of WTO the so are the F*CKING EU. Get it!!!!!

A border is between the EU and the UK.
Trade goes between the EU and the UK over the NI border.

We both agree with that.

If the UK falls back onto WTO rules to trade with the EU, the both parties are trading on WTO rules with each other.

There is as much requirement on the EU to enforce WTO rules as there is on the UK.

And with that I am now finally out for a few days.

You wonder why people think you’re a complete c*nt and threaten you.

I’ve tried to be civil and make sensible points, but you really are a prize pr1ck nibble. And a complete liar who’s been found out.

I tried to engage with sensible debate (which started with post to [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION]). Then nibble/the clamp joined in and, as per usual, starts his modus operandi of trying to rile people by insulting, so yeah, I called him a c*nt. I admit it was done in frustration and irritation. I won't put him on ignore as I think that's pointless. (Only 1 on ignore- HW Tackle)

Fact is he's a proven liar (he denied having a previous account nibble, threatened people with 'legal action/consequences' and then admitted he had had the account, but had changed to the Clamp because he'd been threatened by another poster in the past). He has a history of irritating people, yet he's too thick to see it. He thinks as he falls out with so many people, it's all their fault rather than his.

I'd happily engage in sensible debate, but it comes down to a constant stream (from certain posters) about leavers are thick, racist, xenophobes etc, it becomes pointless. And, the remain voters seem to refuse to accept that it is remainers who are running the negotiations and our preparations. Namely, May, Hammond and Robbins.

I also will ignore Herr T most of the time (as he comes across as a patronising, self-righteous person who can't even admit when he makes a mistake as he did regarding a chart a few months ago). But the Clamp I find to be a nasty person, probably due, in my opinion, to his own failings in life.

Still here?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is why I can’t be bothered with this thread. Too many blinkered people.

My side only told small lies and your side told really big porkies.

We had project fear about not joining the Euro. Result - FAIL.
We had project fear about a vote 2 leave. Result - FAIL.
We’re now having project fear about when we leave. Result - ????.

“But we’re right this time. We really, really are. Oh, forget about the other lies, they’re not important. What’s going to happen now is we won’t be able to import food, nor medicines, nor fly in aeroplanes.” Sorry, I just don’t believe the sh1t anymore.

As I said in my post to [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION], I accept there will be some disruption and a short-term impact. You remainers can’t accept (or more likely choose not to accept), that people/companies will deal with the new situation and adapt to it and move forward.

The UK is a flexible, open, dynamic economy. Much more than most of the EU which relies heavily on protectionism.

And, with that, I’m back out of here for a few more days.

1. Nice linking of the debate about joining the Euro or not with "Project Fear". That was a genuine debate 16 years ago with pros and cons on both sides, whereas "Project Fear" is an exclusively Brexit phenomenon.
2. The jury is out over Project Fear re leaving the EU - we haven't left yet but the signs don't look good.

Our economy may well be flexible, open, dynamic, as well as being innovative and brilliant, but there are rules within which it has to operate.

Nobody is asking you to "believe" anything. We are signed up to a set of rules now that will cease to apply on 30th March 2019 and there's nothing in their place. These are FACTS.

You accuse me of being blinkered but I have asked the Leavers on this thread several times "Where is the Deal"? Remainers like me wouldn't be as concerned if there was something ready to be put in place after we leave, but there is nothing and people are starting to lose their jobs because of the uncertainty.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We could all be a bit more civil, I have tried and failed, but I will keep on trying.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is the most interesting Brexit post of the day. I hope this happens.

It will probably will, as absolutely nobody voted for it and nobody called for it in 2016 either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the idea of doing the deal with Japan is that it will increase trade with Japan.
It's still not going to be as much as with us. Or is the idea of not doing a fair deal with us to deliberately decrease trade with us?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I want the best outcome for the UK, for me that is staying in the EU. I don't have a side as I feel both the UK and the EU represent us, and I would like to keep it that way.
That's cool, but if we are to leave, then let's try and get the best deal (for both the UK and the rest of the EU).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's still not going to be as much as with us. Or is the idea of not doing a fair deal with us to deliberately decrease trade with us?

I agree, it won't be as much trade as with us. Their isn't an idea of not doing a fair deal with the UK, but with added layers of bureaucracy and delays in crossing the border, it is highly likely to decrease.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree, it won't be as much trade as with us. Their isn't an idea of not doing a fair deal with the UK, but with added layers of bureaucracy and delays in crossing the border, it is highly likely to decrease.
Let's just hope a reasonable agreement is reached.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Let's just hope a reasonable agreement is reached.

I think we can get a reasonable trade agreement but we have tied ourselves in knots with the customs union /NI Ireland border stuff. I think we will have to resolve that to put us in a position to negotiate the deal.

I think that we have red-lined ourselves into a corner but maybe the EEA proposal mentioned earlier is a way out.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think we can get a reasonable trade agreement but we have tied ourselves in knots with the customs union /NI Ireland border stuff. I think we will have to resolve that to put us in a position to negotiate the deal.

I think that we have red-lined ourselves into a corner but maybe the EEA proposal mentioned earlier is a way out.

It's the only way out. Outside of a free trade area and outside a customs union there are checks and customs clearance as per every such border in the world.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The problem with this is I think it suits more remainers than leavers, even though it complies with the vote to leave, many leavers would possibly prefer staying in the EU and having a voice there than sitting on the edge, which leads us closer to a second referendum.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Do I accept that there were lies on the Leave side? Yes I do. Do I think those lies were in any way comparable in scale to the complete untruths of the Leave campaign? Absolutely not.

Project Fear is basically correct, apart from the the timing. Cameron and Osborne made it sound like it would all happen the day after the vote - this was plain wrong - and not a gradual descent into chaos finally escalating the day after the time on the 2-year clock expires.

We were never going to get a Deal from the EU, so to mislead the voters that we would is bad, but to say the Deal would be easily obtained and they need us more than we need them is downright irresponsible.

Give me a shout when we get the half a million more unemployed and recession and a big crash in house prices and mass city exodus and Calais camps moving to Dover and pestilence etc as promised by project fear and numerous fibbers on here.. immediately after the vote.

If you are right and we were never going to get a mutually beneficial deal from the EU .. it just goes to show they prioritise the EU project over European citizens welfare and livelihoods. Validating one reason why some voted to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here