Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rob Hunt to Oldham on Permanent deal

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
HITC, the people that bring you "3 players Brighton need to sign" blah blah blah. I believe it's nothing but bo**cks but hey I may be wrong

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Forster-Caskey, Dunk, March, Walton don't count then?

Does March count?

He was released by Brighton and I think played for the ISFA England side before eventually signing up with Lewes.

He was then signed at 17 by Brighton.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Oldham know him well and right now that's his level. If we keep climbing slowly up the EPL table then he'll never break through and just like Cook and Elphick would have, rot behind established players.

If we dropped down the leagues like Southampton and Leeds etc. did then the young players get a chance.

He's one of the brighter prospects we had, and we've had him a long time. I like him very much. But he needs games and unless we turn shit then he's best off moving with hopefully a large % sell on clause. If we held onto him forever he'd just move on a free and take longer to evolve as a player, thus being worth less when he potentially does develop and move on from Oldham.

Just like Cook and Elphick it's the right time........ did the club do the right deal? We'll likely never know.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
DDm5wMFXUAA_ZyF.jpg

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm sure if the club have big enough expectations regarding his potential, they'll insert a buy back clause. They're all the rage now. If he fulfills his potential, then bring him back, if not, then we've got the money anyway.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Naylor indictates a loan on the cards for Hunt. I suspect HITC is taking it's usual uninformed rubbish ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do you know of any academies that have that success rate? Certainly not the top 6.

It is the stated aim of the Bayern Academy system.

(In fact I think they aim for TWO first teamers per season, which seems unrealistic).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Forster-Caskey - no; Dunk - first included in the 1st. team squad 6 years ago; March - nearly 4; Walton - not anywhere near being a first team regular yet.

So - I'm waiting.....................................................

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
producing a first team player

I'm waiting.................................

Forster-Caskey - no; Dunk - first included in the 1st. team squad 6 years ago; March - nearly 4; Walton - not anywhere near being a first team regular yet.

So - I'm waiting.....................................................

Its early days, and will take a few more years to bear consistent fruit, but that's no reason to ignore the ones who HAVE come through.

To 'not count' Forster-Caskey, btw is just pathetic. The lad played 60+ first team games for the Albion at Championship level.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Its early days, and will take a few more years to bear consistent fruit, but that's no reason to ignore the ones who HAVE come through.

To 'not count' Forster-Caskey, btw is just pathetic. The lad played 60+ first team games for the Albion at Championship level.
We didn't have anyone better then. And he has never really fulfilled his apparent early potential. Where is he now? League 1.......I rest my case.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We didn't have anyone better then. And he has never really fulfilled his apparent early potential. Where is he now? League 1.......I rest my case.

Then your case is a shit one.

Like him or not (and you clearly don't) the lad came through the Albion's set up and became an Albion first team player. Not for a couple of games in League One, but for 60+, in the Championship, playing week in week out against very good players.

No discussion about his potential, or where his career is now, or might go, changes that one little bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here