Worst band that wew successful?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I remember someone saying that there wasn't a single song that had been sung by Mariah Carey and survived

MAriah_Carey_2005.jpg

Who cares?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Oh yes. Band so deeply sh*te that their record company were once reduced to arranging a tour of small South East Asia venues (think Concorde 2 size or smaller) just so they could fly out UK music press journalists all expenses paid in exchange for a double page spread of favourable coverage back home. Pitiful.

I believe that the singer had stage fright issues, so they didn't do that many live gigs.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I loved a Whiter Shade of Pale when it came out, but for the music which, as a naïve (young) teenager I didn't realise was Bach.

I remember reading years later about it that somebody read the words and thought they were so wonderful they had to be put to music and released as a single. I, sir, would agree that they are possibly the biggest load of codswallop ever released. Codswallop.

Try 'Conquistador' and 'A Salty Dog', bloody good.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Good Charlotte, The Beasty Boys, Blink whatever, any American band that has that wining college boy type vocals and as mentioned before, especially Shakin' Stevens, what was that all about.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I loved them and still do.

But I get why others wouldn't. Normally fans of hard rock and heavy metal, which I hate in the main.

That's an interesting observation as I am a fan of heavy metal I wounder if others who don't get the Smiths are also metal heads

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Surely if a band is successful, then it can't be the 'worst' at anything, can it? Unless they do something self-destructive with that success, which could be nothing to do with the music itself. You might not like a band, but that's a different question altogether. Music, food, TV, films, pretty much everything is subjective. To be successful, something must have fans – and lots of them.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Shakin' Stevens.

"In the UK alone, Stevens has charted 33 Top 40 hit singles including four chart-topping hits "This Ole House", "Green Door", "Oh Julie", and "Merry Christmas Everyone"; his last Top 40 single was "Trouble" in 2005 apart from his Christmas song, which has re-entered the UK Top 40 chart each December since 2007." Wiki

:rock::rock:punk::ffsparr:

Just about sums up the UK public...............:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here