Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crawley Town FC ............. Concerned?

Poor Crawley, currently 21st in League 2 & 2-0 down. Not scoring goals, not winning matches & they don’t even have a fans forum. One of the lowest supporting clubs in the league as well.

So what’s going wrong for them? Anybody seen them this season?

Would be disappointed if Sussex second team went down to the oblivion league

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They do have a forum. Worried? No, I think they'll stay up. They have an excellent set up for a lower division club. But they came very quickly into the league from non league, so whatever happens they have done unbelievably well. I feel confident about them.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Tin-pot team. Lousy support. Dump of a town. Sooner they're out of the league the better.

Used to go and watch them occasionally before they got into the football league. Not now.

Cox must be pretty damn useless now if he cannot even make the bench for them.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Tin-pot team. Lousy support. Dump of a town. Sooner they're out of the league the better.

Used to go and watch them occasionally before they got into the football league. Not now.

Cox must be pretty damn useless now if he cannot even make the bench for them.

So they're not your second team then? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you're from Crawley then I can understand the disappointment (on every level), but if not, why would you care?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Did they?

I thought they were in the Conference Premier for quite a few seasons before getting promoted.

No, from memory they were two seasons in the Conference, also came into the Conference South when a new league was formed and something like the top 12 got promoted. I could of course be wrong.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No, from memory they were two seasons in the Conference, also came into the Conference South when a new league was formed and something like the top 12 got promoted. I could of course be wrong.

They spent 7 seasons in the conference before their promotion to the football league.

Crawley never played in the Conference South as it was formed when they won the Southern League and were promoted to the Conference (as was the normal promotion path for the winners of the Southern League at the time), a lot of sides finishing below Crawley went on to make up the new Confernce North and South Leagues the following season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They spent 7 seasons in the conference before their promotion to the football league.

Crawley never played in the Conference South as it was formed when they won the Southern League and were promoted to the Conference (as was the normal promotion path for the winners of the Southern League at the time), a lot of sides finishing below Crawley went on to make up the new Confernce North and South Leagues the following season.

I knew I'd get corrected if I didn't google it! Thanks for the info my man, I didn't think they spent that long in the Conference, time flies and all that...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I knew I'd get corrected if I didn't google it! Thanks for the info my man, I didn't think they spent that long in the Conference, time flies and all that...

It does indeed fly, i didn’t realise the North and South leagues were introduced for the 04/05 season, I thought they’d been around 7 or 8 seasons max rather than this being their 14th season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here