[Albion] Vincent Janssen

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't read the whole thread but I am guessing that he is now shit???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
33 shots with one goal in the Spurs side. Slow starter. Excludes penalties (then 2 from 34)
Double checked: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/133381/History/Vincent-Janssen

I don't think I would be happy with that return from a star striker!? I was highly dubious when we were linked with him.

With the penalties handed to him on a plate by team mates in games Spuds were winning by a margin, to try to get the Janssen ball rolling. It didn't.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Because is the World Cup at the end of the season and his main competition for his place in the Netherlands side is scoring goals for Sporting

If he is getting no game time he isn't going to keep his international place for long.

This. I think he'll come realise he's ****ed up if he wants to play in the World Cup. He'd have been an almost guaranteed starter in our current lineup, he won't get much of a look in at Spurs.

If all he wants is cash and an easy life then he's made a good call.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Is a logic to Krul on loan as in last year of contract - fee for permanent deal will get a lot lower come January time - expect him to sign permanent then

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe we didn't want to take too much of a gamble on Krul by offering him more than the one year. See how he gets on, whether he can get back to where he was or whether we'll need someone else next summer. Or, we're thinking that having bought Ryan for £5million and with Christian Walton waiting for his chance, we don't need a permanent third good standard goalkeeper. For me, there's no question that Krul is a quality goalkeeper and I'd have bought him. Especially as it would have meant keeping a loan option.

But in 12 months time you have the issue of 4 good quality goalkeepers in the squad and at least 2 of them wouldn't be happy not playing, if not all 4.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe we didn't want to take too much of a gamble on Krul by offering him more than the one year. See how he gets on, whether he can get back to where he was or whether we'll need someone else next summer. Or, we're thinking that having bought Ryan for £5million and with Christian Walton waiting for his chance, we don't need a permanent third good standard goalkeeper. For me, there's no question that Krul is a quality goalkeeper and I'd have bought him. Especially as it would have meant keeping a loan option.

But in 12 months time you have the issue of 4 good quality goalkeepers in the squad and at least 2 of them wouldn't be happy not playing, if not all 4.

Wherever we are this time next year, shirley 2 of the 4 would have moved on. A career's too short to be a bench warmer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Read what I said - he wouldn't get CL with us so it's the same but earning more. There's no chance I'd sign for a team paying less.

I suspect he would maybe even have earnt a bit more with us, its well known the Spurs players are not earning BIG.

Walker left as he was on 50k a week or so, I dont think Janssen would have been on that... he may even had got a little pay rise by coming to us.... who knows.

On top of that he would have been guaranteed to play, well as much as any player culd be these days, in a World Cup year.

Can only assume he is willing to take his chances until January and get a Perm or loan move then to a slightly stronger Prem side than us

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He had very little time to decide on his future with us, no time to consult family etc think I would of waited for January had I been in his position. Looks very good in build up play from what I've seen of him could of done well for us.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/900751537?-2803:1015:0

How about this then ?

Angry Dutch press reveal Janssen drama: ‘Impatient’ Levy, player’s union, West Brom & Brighton
By A. E. - 5th September 2017

Vincent Janssen not making Tottenham’s Champions League squad seems to have been all the encouragement De Telegraaf needed to share what they believe to be the player’s side of the story.

Mauricio Pochettino had decided Janssen was unable to lead the line at Tottenham, or be a back-up option, and De Telegraaf say an ‘impatient’ Daniel Levy then got to work, trying to force Janssen out of the club.

First option was West Brom, with Tottenham able to make a profit by selling Janssen for ‘more than €27m’, but at the late stage of the window, the Dutch striker wasn’t interested.

The same went for a loan move to Brighton & Hove Albion, just like with West Brom, Janssen wasn’t keen on the idea.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Up until now, De Telegraaf say Janssen’s representatives, and those who saw the drama unfold from the Oranje camp, have kept things quiet, but Tottenham’s CL blow to the player has changed things.

The pressure being put on 23 year old Janssen was so strong, say the Dutch newspaper, that it was doubted he could be in the right mind to play for his country. Janssen, desperate to represent the Netherlands, was said to not even want contact from Spurs, but the club thought otherwise.

‘Tottenham’s leadership attempted to push a transfer with all force’, according to the claims, and he was told to cooperate with a transfer or face no chance with the senior team at Spurs.

Pa*trick van Die*men and Louis La*ros of the Dutch player’s union are said to have stood behind Janssen and backed his refusal of a ‘lightening quick’ transfer.

After refusing the West Brom and Brighton moves, De Telegraaf say the chance of Janssen ‘getting minutes in Tottenham’s shirt is almost nil’, and they add ‘Tottenham will make it so sour that he’ll have to choose a transfer to save his career during the winter break.’

Maybe it would have been better to deal with the situation at the start of the window? Just a thought.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As regards Krul I do not understand why we signed him in the first place either loan or as future purchase. We didnt need him as an oldie in case of emergency would have been more than adequate unless his wages are very low.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/900751537?-2803:1015:0

How about this then ?

Angry Dutch press reveal Janssen drama: ‘Impatient’ Levy, player’s union, West Brom & Brighton
By A. E. - 5th September 2017

Vincent Janssen not making Tottenham’s Champions League squad seems to have been all the encouragement De Telegraaf needed to share what they believe to be the player’s side of the story.

Mauricio Pochettino had decided Janssen was unable to lead the line at Tottenham, or be a back-up option, and De Telegraaf say an ‘impatient’ Daniel Levy then got to work, trying to force Janssen out of the club.

First option was West Brom, with Tottenham able to make a profit by selling Janssen for ‘more than €27m’, but at the late stage of the window, the Dutch striker wasn’t interested.

The same went for a loan move to Brighton & Hove Albion, just like with West Brom, Janssen wasn’t keen on the idea.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Up until now, De Telegraaf say Janssen’s representatives, and those who saw the drama unfold from the Oranje camp, have kept things quiet, but Tottenham’s CL blow to the player has changed things.

The pressure being put on 23 year old Janssen was so strong, say the Dutch newspaper, that it was doubted he could be in the right mind to play for his country. Janssen, desperate to represent the Netherlands, was said to not even want contact from Spurs, but the club thought otherwise.

‘Tottenham’s leadership attempted to push a transfer with all force’, according to the claims, and he was told to cooperate with a transfer or face no chance with the senior team at Spurs.

Pa*trick van Die*men and Louis La*ros of the Dutch player’s union are said to have stood behind Janssen and backed his refusal of a ‘lightening quick’ transfer.

After refusing the West Brom and Brighton moves, De Telegraaf say the chance of Janssen ‘getting minutes in Tottenham’s shirt is almost nil’, and they add ‘Tottenham will make it so sour that he’ll have to choose a transfer to save his career during the winter break.’

Maybe it would have been better to deal with the situation at the start of the window? Just a thought.

That does all seem to make sense. If he was asked to make a choice about leaving with no time to think about it and while away with the national team I can't blame him for saying no. If this is to believed then you do have to have a little sympathy for him.

I would still be very happy to get him if we go back in for him in January as i do think there's a good player in there. Spurs probably won't be getting over £20m for him next time though which is why they were so keen to push him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here