Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown to Star Wars

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Tickets booked for 3D version on Sunday night. Can't wait... First ever 3D film as well. Reckon it is going to be awesome!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My best mate went to see it last night - he's a massive SW fan, knows everything about the Galaxy far far away...& at one point had over £10k worth of merchandise, but he was a bit disappointed by T.F.A. He felt that the gags that constantly run throughout were unnecessary, and in his words he "just didn't connect with it" and "it is very different to what we grew up with as our Star Wars Universe". He said its a good film, but just not as he had hoped.
I'll take my SW mad boys to see it at some point over the holidays & make up my own mind, but still looking forward to it (even though I know what happens now!)

Last edited:

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Went at midnight, suffering at my desk now. As a film, it's not on a par with the original or The Empire Strikes Back, but I enjoyed it a lot, and laughed more than expected.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
My best mate went to see it last night - he's a massive SW fan, knows everything about the Galaxy far far away...& at one point had over £10k worth of merchandise, but he was a bit disappointed by T.F.A. He felt that the gags that constantly run throughout were unnecessary, and in his words he "just didn't connect with it" and "it is very different to what we grew up with as our Star Wars Universe". He said its a good film, but just not as he had hoped.
I'll take my SW mad boys to see it at some point over the holidays & make up my own mind, but still looking forward to it (even though I know what happens now!)

I am the guy you describe, and some. (See pic on previous page) .....your friend has unreasonable expectations. He needs to get over his nostalgia for TOT and allow himself to continue to enjoy the saga to come for what it is. Crazy to have such expectations. You gotta want to allow yourself to enjoy it. Kinda like a lot of you on here and the way in which they chose to support the Albion. Get out of the way of yourself. haha

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As a film, it's not on a par with the original or The Empire Strikes Back, but I enjoyed it a lot, and laughed more than expected.
I wasn't expecting to be laughing at all.

4 hours to go.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My grandchildren went yesterday afternoon in Amsterdam and thought it was brilliant - at least it makes buying Christmas presents easy........... Light Sabres all round.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It's great. Possibly my second favourite Star Wars film.

Fun, exciting and was lost in a world I hadn't truly visited since I was a kid.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
T minus 1 hour.
Tickets booked for 3D version on Sunday night. Can't wait... First ever 3D film as well. Reckon it is going to be awesome!
Why would you want to see it in 3D? It was filmed in 2D, with the director intending for viewers to watch in 2D.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's great. Possibly my second favourite Star Wars film.

Fun, exciting and was lost in a world I hadn't truly visited since I was a kid.
Hopefully the same for me, although it will be in a world I haven't left since I was a kid.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
As long as its better than the Phantom Menace or the yawn-fest that was Attack of the Clones I'll be happy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am the guy you describe, and some. (See pic on previous page) .....your friend has unreasonable expectations. He needs to get over his nostalgia for TOT and allow himself to continue to enjoy the saga to come for what it is. Crazy to have such expectations. You gotta want to allow yourself to enjoy it. Kinda like a lot of you on here and the way in which they chose to support the Albion. Get out of the way of yourself. haha

Yep, There are a few inconsistencies that you have to let go of to enjoy this film. If you can manage that it is an absolute storm(troop)er!

I loved it. There was a sneaking suggestion in my brain that it was the best of the lot. Although I don't think I can make that call without watching another 100 times.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
10/10 what a brilliant film
Yep, that was fantastic. Laughed a couple of times (quietly, I'm British), but cried a lot more than I was expecting (yes, I may be British but I'm also a woos).

Loved it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That was ****ing amazing.

Just. Amazing.

It's arguably the most complete Star Wars film

Complete is a good way to describe it. It was well balanced even from the amount of CGI V real life effects (not sure how this should be described) and how seamlessly they worked together.

Going to go and see it again tomorrow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here